Recruiting Football Talk VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol. Would be nice if he just went over to the basketball forum and ******* about Rick Barnes
laughing-steve-harvey.gif

there’s a stark contrast to this time last year in here.

This time last year we were 3-0 with an OT win at Pitt, hadn't played the Gators yet.

And despite how "dominate" we were last year the Florida final was 38-33 at home, with Hooker and he made up for 461 of our 576 total yards and was responsible for 3 of the team's 5 TDs. This year in the swamp we had it made very obvious we're offensively not as good as we were last year.

Just need to hope the players and coaches can get better as the season continues to get closer to the level of last year's offense.

So after many days of research and analysis, I have finally discovered that reason for our inexplicable loss to the gators.

Remember the LSU game last year? Early start. We rolled the bayou bengals.

This year the swamp is a night game. VN had all day to make fun of the teams that were having bad days. Win or lose, many teams that we dislike were not playing their best football and we were there for it. (Go back to early Saturday posts if you don’t recall). All day, making fun of all those teams.

Now our game rolls around and all of the bad things are happening to our team.

Karma is a bitch and served us multiple helpings that Karma then crammed down our throats.

I am not saying that we shouldn’t make fun of other teams bad performance, but it’s of tantamount importance that Tennessee only play early games against our opponents on the road. Karma doesn’t care after our game.

@LA Vol , use all your influence to help fix this situation. 🙏

14-1 🤠 depends on those early road games. 😳

The fact that they don't represent the city, area, and state by documenting the bad, one-sided officiating that swung the second half, and call on the SEC office for an explanation tells you all you need to know. It would put a major hurdle we face on tbe radar.

We really need a rival paper to that antagonistic office of the national chain that is KNS. Over a local takeover. We have the only antagonistic local media in the SEC, as far as I know. Maybe in all of college football.

We have journalism and communications schools, for crying out loud.
Those refs are doing exactly as they are instructed.

So after many days of research and analysis, I have finally discovered that reason for our inexplicable loss to the gators.

Remember the LSU game last year? Early start. We rolled the bayou bengals.

This year the swamp is a night game. VN had all day to make fun of the teams that were having bad days. Win or lose, many teams that we dislike were not playing their best football and we were there for it. (Go back to early Saturday posts if you don’t recall). All day, making fun of all those teams.

Now our game rolls around and all of the bad things are happening to our team.

Karma is a bitch and served us multiple helpings that Karma then crammed down our throats.

I am not saying that we shouldn’t make fun of other teams bad performance, but it’s of tantamount importance that Tennessee only play early games against our opponents on the road. Karma doesn’t care after our game.

@LA Vol , use all your influence to help fix this situation. 🙏

14-1 🤠 depends on those early road games. 😳
Sounds like we need an appearance from the Witch Doctor…bones don’t lie.

This time last year we were 3-0 with an OT win at Pitt, hadn't played the Gators yet.

And despite how "dominate" we were last year the Florida final was 38-33 at home, with Hooker and he made up for 461 of our 576 total yards and was responsible for 3 of the team's 5 TDs. This year in the swamp we had it made very obvious we're offensively not as good as we were last year.

Just need to hope the players and coaches can get better as the season continues to get closer to the level of last year's offense.
We knew the offense was going to drop off a bit. I posted before the season we'd appreciate Hendon more this year than we did last year. The thought was we'd see a better defense to offset the drop in offensive production. Our defense hasn't been able to do that as of yet.

A&M would definitely be a better win, USCe is almost a must win at this point if you want to salvage your season into a good record

I looked at preseason as 9-3
Georgia
Bama
Split Florida and A&M
Those 4 have more talent and are more difficult

The rest were W’s
Your last line is my point. If you look at a schedule and pencil a team in as an L, I just don't see calling it a big win.

I thought AM would be the swing between 10-2 or 9-3 in the pre season.

Reactions: VolNash17
We knew the offense was going to drop off a bit. I posted before the season we'd appreciate Hendon more this year than we did last year. The thought was we'd see a better defense to offset the drop in offensive production. Our defense hasn't been able to do that as of yet.

Yeah defense is weird... had you said they'd hold the Gators to 350 total yards and under 30 points I would have probably thought we walk out with a tough road win, but I saw the Austin Peay game...

The defense really has to find a way to create more turnovers though. All the TFLs and pressure is great, but if you're generating less than 1 turnover a game and allowing 18.3 ppg (with 2 of those being out of conference bad teams) then that's not enough.

We scored more in the VA game than we have in the other two games 49 to 46. We also gave up more in the Florida game than the other two combined 29 to 26. It was without question the worst showing on both sides of the ball to date, we get UTSA and an extra week to try and figure things out before facing another SEC team so hopefully tomorrow we see both sides of the ball playing with energy and rolling.

Imagine if KNS detailed each example with the film. Instead of trying to ambush Halzle.

That would out Birmingham in an interesting position. And something someone national might pick up on.
I mean, when Herby and Fowler are pointing them out on TV, it can't get much more public. Problem is, there are too many people that accept it as just "Bad Officiating" with no motive behind it. It's pointed out, the world goes on, no ramifications to the officials. I know, I know, I'm just an idiot that blames the officials and all fan bases blame officials. i jUsT AiN't tHAT SMarT I gUeSs.

Yeah defense is weird... had you said they'd hold the Gators to 350 total yards and under 30 points I would have probably thought we walk out with a tough road win, but I saw the Austin Peay game...

The defense really has to find a way to create more turnovers though. All the TFLs and pressure is great, but if you're generating less than 1 turnover a game and allowing 18.3 ppg (with 2 of those being out of conference bad teams) then that's not enough.

We scored more in the VA game than we have in the other two games 49 to 46. We also gave up more in the Florida game than the other two combined 29 to 26. It was without question the worst showing on both sides of the ball to date, we get UTSA and an extra week to try and figure things out before facing another SEC team so hopefully tomorrow we see both sides of the ball playing with energy and rolling.
Didn't Florida score on 4 straight possessions?

I have a feeling we struggle saturday.

Starters will play the entire game just like AP.

If their QB1 plays he will give us fits in the secondary and with his legs.

I feel we will be able to run the ball, but our passing attack again will be limited to screens.

We probably pull away at the end like 30-13 type score.

Which is why the UF loss is so frustrating and then people want to tell me we are going to lose to SCAR, or at least should be scared of them. So now we are staring at 7 wins, which is unacceptable
Definitely true, hopefully Neyland pulls them over the top though. Offense typically doesn’t get into penalty traps in Neyland. Really need that W!

I feel we will be able to run the ball, but our passing attack again will be limited to screens.

Oh lord… I have the opposite feeling. I think Heupel will attack downfield much more this game and UT will hit a few deep ones

I mean, when Herby and Fowler are pointing them out on TV, it can't get much more public. Problem is, there are too many people that accept it as just "Bad Officiating" with no motive behind it. It's pointed out, the world goes on, no ramifications to the officials. I know, I know, I'm just an idiot that blames the officials and all fan bases blame officials. i jUsT AiN't tHAT SMarT I gUeSs.
That should all have been quoted as further evidence in KNS stories, for sure. Along with their own assessment, video and photos, and remarks on the timing and one-sidedness of it all.

They could create real pressure for equity in officiating.

Last edited:
Definitely true, hopefully Neyland pulls them over the top though. Offense typically doesn’t get into penalty traps in Neyland. Really need that W!
I think it depends on the running game.

The one thing that doesn't make a lot of sense to me about the UF game, we really didn't run the ball a lot. The offense is at its best when the running game gets going. Once we got down Heup went away from it.

Offensive play calling clearly doesn’t trust the OL - and for good reason - resulting in all the screens.

Gotta hope that UTSA won’t be able to apply pressure with only 3 and 4 rushers like FL did.

Which is why the UF loss is so frustrating and then people want to tell me we are going to lose to SCAR, or at least should be scared of them. So now we are staring at 7 wins, which is unacceptable

Night game at Neyland for USCe is huge.

They also have OL issues. Gave up 9 sacks to UNC. Neyland will be rockin. Should see some OL struggles out of them. They’ll look to get ball out of Rattler’s hands in a hurry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back