Recruiting Football Talk VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Will Nichols ever be serviceable or should he transfer down?
They've tried him at every position on the Oline to increase his versatility, and he hasn't beaten out anyone in front of him. They haven't decided where he'll fit. He's into academics and has other outside interests, so he seems okay with developing at his own pace. The thought that his skills could translate to center didn't work out.

Dammit people. It's time to move on!

tenor.gif

They've tried him at every position on the Oline to increase his versatility, and he hasn't beaten out anyone in front of him. They haven't decided where he'll fit. He's into academics and has other outside interests, so he seems okay with developing at his own pace. The thought that his skills could translate to center didn't work out.
Not sure I'd write him off just yet. OL usually take a couple of years before they're ready to start stepping up.

I mean, when Herby and Fowler are pointing them out on TV, it can't get much more public. Problem is, there are too many people that accept it as just "Bad Officiating" with no motive behind it. It's pointed out, the world goes on, no ramifications to the officials. I know, I know, I'm just an idiot that blames the officials and all fan bases blame officials. i jUsT AiN't tHAT SMarT I gUeSs.
As to your last point, I'm trying to decide if I should be serious.

To face it -- to stop denying and evading it, to drop the protection of mocking even its possibility -- is literally extremely painful. It somewhat resembles a confrontation with mortality, because the hope and longing for justice is very strong in us. It's not a football game that is in the balance in the discomfort and anger at the question.

So after many days of research and analysis, I have finally discovered that reason for our inexplicable loss to the gators.

Remember the LSU game last year? Early start. We rolled the bayou bengals.

This year the swamp is a night game. VN had all day to make fun of the teams that were having bad days. Win or lose, many teams that we dislike were not playing their best football and we were there for it. (Go back to early Saturday posts if you don’t recall). All day, making fun of all those teams.

Now our game rolls around and all of the bad things are happening to our team.

Karma is a bitch and served us multiple helpings that Karma then crammed down our throats.

I am not saying that we shouldn’t make fun of other teams bad performance, but it’s of tantamount importance that Tennessee only play early games against our opponents on the road. Karma doesn’t care after our game.

@LA Vol , use all your influence to help fix this situation. 🙏

14-1 🤠 depends on those early road games. 😳
Night games in Neyland, early start on the road, dark mode for intimidation, no more orange helmets and don't mention blue. No more refs from Birmingham, high magnification glasses for everyone and the next zebra that kicks the ball gets kicked back. Got it!

I have a feeling we struggle saturday.

Starters will play the entire game just like AP.

If their QB1 plays he will give us fits in the secondary and with his legs.

I feel we will be able to run the ball, but our passing attack again will be limited to screens.

We probably pull away at the end like 30-13 type score.

I have a feeling we got 30 by the half... I don't know, maybe I'm delusional but the 2nd half response in the Swamp gave me hope that this offense is close.

Night games in Neyland, early start on the road, dark mode for intimidation, no more orange helmets and don't mention blue. No more refs from Birmingham, high magnification glasses for everyone and the next zebra that kicks the ball gets kicked back. Got it!
I relent on the blue, LA! 😂😂😂 Whatever the kids want to do against CT. But at least let it be their own choice and not an order.

Reactions: LA Vol
So after many days of research and analysis, I have finally discovered that reason for our inexplicable loss to the gators.

Remember the LSU game last year? Early start. We rolled the bayou bengals.

This year the swamp is a night game. VN had all day to make fun of the teams that were having bad days. Win or lose, many teams that we dislike were not playing their best football and we were there for it. (Go back to early Saturday posts if you don’t recall). All day, making fun of all those teams.

Now our game rolls around and all of the bad things are happening to our team.

Karma is a bitch and served us multiple helpings that Karma then crammed down our throats.

I am not saying that we shouldn’t make fun of other teams bad performance, but it’s of tantamount importance that Tennessee only play early games against our opponents on the road. Karma doesn’t care after our game.

@LA Vol , use all your influence to help fix this situation. 🙏

14-1 🤠 depends on those early road games. 😳
I don't go to other fanbases' boards, but based on what I see here, I suspect they've been posting screenshots of us melting down and mocking us all week.

I think you will see a strong commitment to the run game and us almost force feeding the deeper throws and throws over the middle to try and get Milton and the receivers in sync for upcoming conference foes.

Can only throw deep if OL blocks. So even if we can do it vs UTSA (one would hope we can), it doesn’t mean we can do it vs SEC defensive lines. FL consistently got pressure with 3 and and 4 rushers.

Reactions: VolNash17
I think you will see a strong commitment to the run game and us almost force feeding the deeper throws and throws over the middle to try and get Milton and the receivers in sync for upcoming conference foes.
An ugly win with us trying to fix our issues is better than screen right screen left and run out the clock.

Reactions: Govolsman98
Which is why the UF loss is so frustrating and then people want to tell me we are going to lose to SCAR, or at least should be scared of them. So now we are staring at 7 wins, which is unacceptable
You better get to accepting...because this IS a 7-5 team.

You are stuck in overly optimistic preseason assumptions which have proven to be stupidly bad.

Or you are just a...something..😒

You better get to accepting...because this IS a 7-5 team.

You are stuck in overly optimistic preseason assumptions which have proven to be stupidly bad.

Or you are just a...something..😒
Yep we are 7-5 because teams never get better over the course of the season and all the other teams that are struggling (USCjr, A&M, Bama, UK) will get better but we won't!

I have a feeling we struggle saturday.

Starters will play the entire game just like AP.

If their QB1 plays he will give us fits in the secondary and with his legs.

I feel we will be able to run the ball, but our passing attack again will be limited to screens.

We probably pull away at the end like 30-13 type score.
I hope we score 30..we could if everybody would get their head out of their butt...but at this point it's like an intricate watch with 3-4 gears broken....not an easy fix.

Last edited:
Reactions: SpringBokVol
Getting the USCe and A&M W’s would be so huge for the program. 5-1 would set UT up very well. Everyone looks beatable so that’s the good thing. Get USCe and A&M at Neyland so that’s a big plus. 5-1 everyone can calm down a good bit. UCONN, Vanderbilt are W’s…. Should beat Missouri. Kentucky I feel like UT owns until they get over that mental struggle, kinda like UT Vs Florida. 9-3. Georgia looks vulnerable and Bammer definitely looks vulnerable. Prime opportunity! Starts at Neyland

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back