Recruiting Football Talk VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is frustrating and completely unacceptable to hear how lackluster OL recruiting has been. This staff cannot continue to take on projects on either side of los.

How, if Spyre is the standard bearer have we not stockpiled talent?
Don’t accept it then. Eagerly anticipating your solution. Umarov and Nichols aren’t projects and Warren, Anderson, Satterwhite and Ginther definitely ain’t.

Not sure I'd write him off just yet. OL usually take a couple of years before they're ready to start stepping up.
Don't think anybody's writing him off. He just hasn't moved up the depth chart as hoped and wasn't the answer as a backup center. Clearly, they hoped one of the younger guys could step up instead of sliding Lane over to replace Mays, and that hasn't happened.

As to your last point, I'm trying to decide if I should be serious.

To face it -- to stop denying and evading it, to drop the protection of mocking even its possibility -- is literally extremely painful. It somewhat resembles a confrontation with mortality, because the hope and longing for justice is very strong in us. It's not a football game that is in the balance in the discomfort and anger at the question.
You're right...too many people really want to believe that everything on the field is fair....it literally blows their mind to call that into question.

RF, need your recommendations: Fam and I are to Colorado in a couple of weeks. Staying just west of Colorado Springs. Going off a list of the top attractions (Pikes Peak, Seven Falls, Garden of Gods, Royal Gorge). Also looking to trip over to Buena Vista and Leadville area. I was eyeing to take my kiddos on the Leadville & Southern RxR. Any additional must sees or attractions to avoid? Thanks in advance.

They've tried him at every position on the Oline to increase his versatility, and he hasn't beaten out anyone in front of him. They haven't decided where he'll fit. He's into academics and has other outside interests, so he seems okay with developing at his own pace. The thought that his skills could translate to center didn't work out.
It’s a contrived worry burger from fans. He’s an OG and hasn’t beaten out Spraggins or Karic in his REDSHIRT FRESHMAN season. We miss Butch so much, we stretch anyone not immediately generational into Dillon Bates. 😴

Don't think anybody's writing him off. He just hasn't moved up the depth chart as hoped and wasn't the answer as a backup center. Clearly, they hoped one of the younger guys could step up instead of sliding Lane over to replace Mays, and that hasn't happened.
Center or bust is the way. 😴

Yep we are 7-5 because teams never get better over the course of the season and all the other teams that are struggling (USCjr, A&M, Bama, UK) will get better but we won't!
I assume the worst and hope for the best...but you are right, I should have said...This is a 7-5 team right now. I agree we could get better, but until I see it happen it is just hope.

I have a feeling we got 30 by the half... I don't know, maybe I'm delusional but the 2nd half response in the Swamp gave me hope that this offense is close.
Same. And then the titans won on Sunday and had good playcalling. So I’m full of sunshine and think we get to clicking Saturday just in time to whoop everybody’s as* for the next few weeks 😈😈

Getting the USCe and A&M W’s would be so huge for the program. 5-1 would set UT up very well. Everyone looks beatable so that’s the good thing. Get USCe and A&M at Neyland so that’s a big plus. 5-1 everyone can calm down a good bit. UCONN, Vanderbilt are W’s…. Should beat Missouri. Kentucky I feel like UT owns until they get over that mental struggle, kinda like UT Vs Florida. 9-3. Georgia looks vulnerable and Bammer definitely looks vulnerable. Prime opportunity! Starts at Neyland
Big facts. Pump it into my veins

Reactions: VolNash17
RF, need your recommendations: Fam and I are to Colorado in a couple of weeks. Staying just west of Colorado Springs. Going off a list of the top attractions (Pikes Peak, Seven Falls, Garden of Gods, Royal Gorge). Also looking to trip over to Buena Vista and Leadville area. I was eyeing to take my kiddos on the Leadville & Southern RxR. Any additional must sees or attractions to avoid? Thanks in advance.
You could go a little farther south and and take in Great Sand Dunes National Park and the Spanish Peaks area.

It is frustrating and completely unacceptable to hear how lackluster OL recruiting has been. This staff cannot continue to take on projects on either side of los.

What are you talking about? We have several 4*s committed...

Don’t accept it then. Eagerly anticipating your solution. Umarov and Nichols aren’t projects and Warren, Anderson, Satterwhite and Ginther definitely ain’t.
I don't understand why people are saying this...are they literally just repeating dumb crap a proven VN troll says instead of actually looking for themselves?

Night game at Neyland for USCe is huge.

They also have OL issues. Gave up 9 sacks to UNC. Neyland will be rockin. Should see some OL struggles out of them. They’ll look to get ball out of Rattler’s hands in a hurry.
I’m sure we will accommodate their offensive game plan by sitting back in a soft zone.

I was as despondent and disheartened as anyone after the Austin Peay and Florida debacles. Then, during a cognizant moment, I recognized that unlike past coaching regimes, this current one has a back history of making in-season adjustments and not going down a vortex. Finding an acceptable middle ground between coach worship (not recognizing there are issues to address) and doomsday prophets (always knowing none of this would work and now it’s time to reproduce) can be difficult to navigate. The best programs are defined by how they respond WHEN they slip or get knocked down. Alabama lost to both us and LSU and was a TCU loss away from going to the playoffs. I know I know…5 star roster versus what we have, but we have a whole season to write this book. Restrain yourself from writing a panic end and submitting it to Amazon.

Throw a few million at spyre and you can pick the OL.

Think a lot of what we are seeing this season is the result of Hype's first recruiting class being rushed so much. From the 2021 class we lost all the below:
Kaidon Salter-transfer
Aaron Willis-transfer
Kaemon Marley- transfer
Miles Campbell- transfer
Walker Merrill- transfer
Trinity Bell- transfer
Julian Nixon-transfer
Amari McNeil-transfer
Juwan Mitchell-transfer
Da'Jon Terry- transfer
Andison Coby-transfer
Will Parker-transfer

Only players still on the roster are Jaylen Wright, De'Shawn Rucker, Christian Charles, Kamal Hadden, Joe Milton, Brandon Turnage, and Jeremiah Crawford. 4 starters from an entire recruiting class 3 years ago and one of them should be replaced.

If Ole Miss beats Bama and we struggle with UTSA are we firing up the Kiffin come home threads?

*runs and hides*

No. That ship has sailed. It should have never sailed back but we were pretty desperate after Pruitt. 2 dog s*** hires followed by imo the worst AD/HC hire at UT ever will do that to you.

Reactions: berryvol
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back