Recruiting Football Talk VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t think you will see much in the middle. Milton has never really thrown to the middle of the field, and when he does he doesn’t lead his guys he throws right at them or behind them which leads to the defenders being able to make plays on his throws.

He does not see the middle of the field well.
I guess I’m wishful thinking then going back to the two TDs he tossed over the middle in the Orange Bowl. Miss a performance like that.

I am not an overtly positive or negative Tennessee fan…. i had been hearing small cultural type issues for awhile that I overlooked as nonsense…. i don’t like players only meetings bc in all my years watching sports… it usually means there are deeper issues in the time…. i have never seen it have a positive effect on a team.A medical intern confirmed that their were issues on the hill. It could be nothing but it is a cause for concern for me. I know it is 3rd info but every bit of info that we get is 2nd or 3rd hand… even from VQ.

I am also worried that it doesn’t seem like many of our younger guys seem ready to contribute much at all. Florida’s two deep is full of freshman and sophomores. We don’t need to count on them but it would be nice if it seemed like they were pushing some of these upper class man that aren’t performing.

My last concern is that we won with Pruitts players….Can this staff build a program? I have confidence that they can…. especially with DW’s help.

Let’s win big today and go on a run!!!
Issues like what though? You know as well as anybody you can’t come on here and mention culture issues and not have even 3rd hand examples.

Love Emmitt Smith he played behind the best OL in league...but Barry Sanders, Walter Payton were probably best two running backs ever...well 2 of 3 add Jim Brown....
I’ve always believed Emmitt Smith had a big part in them getting that label. Jerry would have loved to save money in 1993 (specially with Emmitt demanding starting QB money), but that legendary OL couldn’t transform Derrick Lassic into a feature back and the defending SB winners dropped the first two games of the season. Jerry caved and payed him more than Thurman Thomas and we witnessed the results. That same OL couldn’t make Sherman Williams or Curvin Richards even decent backs. They were a unit comprised of journeymen, solid vets and (Tuinei) a converted DL. Stepnoski was a borderline HOF center, but the original group had only one HOF level talent, Erik Williams. Larry Allen was added before the third SB. They deserve their accolades, but they were cobbled together by a man who didn’t believe in spending first rounders on OL and found his type of guys who would all pull in the same direction. I’ve never believed they’d have been considered legendary with any other RB. You completely switch out Detroit’s blockers and let the vaunted 5 work in front of Barry and the one in Dallas would be considered historically better imo. All this from a Payton fan who still considers him the greatest.

I am not an overtly positive or negative Tennessee fan…. i had been hearing small cultural type issues for awhile that I overlooked as nonsense…. i don’t like players only meetings bc in all my years watching sports… it usually means there are deeper issues in the time…. i have never seen it have a positive effect on a team.A medical intern confirmed that their were issues on the hill. It could be nothing but it is a cause for concern for me. I know it is 3rd info but every bit of info that we get is 2nd or 3rd hand… even from VQ.

I am also worried that it doesn’t seem like many of our younger guys seem ready to contribute much at all. Florida’s two deep is full of freshman and sophomores. We don’t need to count on them but it would be nice if it seemed like they were pushing some of these upper class man that aren’t performing.

My last concern is that we won with Pruitts players….Can this staff build a program? I have confidence that they can…. especially with DW’s help.

What are the issues you've heard about? If you received info that looks to you to be true, I say lay it out.

Reactions: knoxvol52
Oh my god. College GameDay has Marcus Freeman on the set to interview him before the big Notre Dame game and what question do they ask him…. “Marcus, how good of a job is Deion Sanders doing at Colorado?”

Seriously???? What a stupid question. This is getting so insufferable. You have the head coach of Notre Dame on set and you waste time asking him about Deion. I almost feel bad for Deion because all of this media slobber makes me want to see him fail just so it’s not a constant nauseating talking point.

Love Emmitt Smith he played behind the best OL in league...but Barry Sanders, Walter Payton were probably best two running backs ever...well 2 of 3 add Jim Brown....
Back in the 80's, I was playing in the Pro Am in The Pensacola Open. We were at Jerry Pates house for a party and one of the guys there asked us if we wanted to meet Emmit Smith's daddy. As a side note---I didn't see any black men at the party.

Anyway, we were introduced to some rich white dude who proudly said he was Emmit Smiths "daddy". He was a huge Florida booster. :cool: :cool: :cool:

Pruitt's players left in droves when he was fired.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back