Recruiting Football Talk VII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Finebaum is such a clown and hardcore troll. I have yet to read, listen, or talk to a Vol fan who is upset about this decision.

To be an alum, it's amazing how much he panders in our misery. He enjoys our success when it benefits him. (e.g. when gameday came for the FLA game in 2022). That decision had to be made. Hate it happened to a VFL, but it needed to be done.

To be an alum, it's amazing how much he panders in our misery. He enjoys our success when it benefits him. (e.g. when gameday came for the FLA game in 2022).
Finebaum one of the VFLs that made a deal with the devil (Saban) for his own benefit. As much as I hate to say it because he’s an alum and fraternal brother, he has played the role of Benedict Arnold more often than not. But hey, it was the easy way out for 2 decades. Hope his success has been worth it.

Can’t wait to see him grovel at Huepels feet once we’ve amassed our ascension back to greatness on the football field.

Little brother syndrome. They know even their basketball pedigree being what it is doesn’t and hasn’t ever made up for being our personal punching bag in football.
Bad time for them to look 'south' to gloat. We've had a great resurgence in many sports.

As a guy who only watches the Lady Vols, will someone with more women’s basketball knowledge than me please explain this push for hiring Lawson from Duke?

I’m looking at her resume, and aside from the ties to UT, I just don’t get it. In 3 years, 4 if we count the short Covid year, she’s made the tournament twice, but her regular season record isn’t impressive. In fact, if that’s our target, it almost feels like a Harper repeat and makes me think we should have just rolled the dice and kept her for one more year.
I will be very disappointed if it is Lawson. Not because I have any bad feeling towards her, but I want a more proven winner and the optics will look like DW succumbed to the preasure to hire an ex Lady Vol.

I will be very disappointed if it is Lawson. Not because I have any bad feeling towards her, but I want a more proven winner and the optics will look like DW succumbed to the preasure to hire an ex Lady Vol.
I think Lawson could end up being an outstanding coach, but you've pretty much nailed the reasons why she's not a good fit. The only way a former LV should ever be the head coach again is if they've already won at an elite level. The LV connection has to be secondary to past success.

Glad you said that, because as I said, as a guy who doesn’t follow women’s basketball outside of the LV, that’s the feeling I got when I read her name and then did some research.

But it’s time to move on to baseball and football because I think we have championship aspirations for both.
Going to savor this season just a bit longer.

SEC champs
SEC POTY
Beat UK, Bama, Auburn
2nd ever EE

Damn it feels good.

But yes this weekend will be time to enjoy some baseball and Spring football finally. First comes UConn stuffing Bama in the trash can though.

I don’t think Rick looked over him. How could you say that? The majority of the gameplay was based around you twice this season. We just didn’t have the size to keep you out of the paint or have the refs on our side. Say whatever you want but keep my coaches name out your mouth you dumb ogre.
I think he meant Coach Barnes didn’t recruit him.

Finebaum one of the VFLs that made a deal with the devil (Saban) for his own benefit. As much as I hate to say it because he’s an alum and fraternal brother, he has played the role of Benedict Arnold more often than not. But hey, it was the easy way out for 2 decades. Hope his success has been worth it.

Can’t wait to see him grovel at Huepels feet once we’ve amassed our ascension back to greatness on the football field.

If you see him at a fraternity event, please do us real Vol fans a solid and give him a piece of our mind and tell him he’s a piece of **** and an embarrassment to UT alums. Thank you in advance.

The recruiting service carousel is really strange.

Will anyone be shocked if in five years On3 is the new 247, and something else will have risen up to take its place?
Only if the owner makes his move...again.

Iirc 247 wasn't his first creation before On3. It seems where he goes, good things follow.

Gotta trim some fat too… unfortunately Dillione has not showed out wouldn’t be shocked to see him portal. Hopefully Boswell coming in can be as advertised. Outside of ZZ and Aidoo, Awaka, Gainey nobody has much experience. No scorer on the roster if ZZ isn’t on…. Need to portal shop for some offense badly…
Will Mashack have another year?

That's last sentence cuts in many different directions and is part of the reason I suspect many don't want her here.

There was some dust up a couple of years back. She interjected herself and her team into it before more information came out that puts the original claims in serious doubt. Cancelled a series with BYU over it iirc.

I think Staley is a great coach but I admit I lost some respect for her over the way she handled that situation.

Staley is the new Geno. She won’t come here nor would I want her here. I’d rather win with someone else.

Zz threw an elbow out. There wouldn't have been any contact without that.

But it wasn't a foul, it was a brush of an elbow, far from a foul on either unless you can T someone up for an obvious flop.
He moved in the path directly between defender and player in possession. Had he been set for two steps then ZZZ could have been in line for a foul. It was just another example of bias to call nothing after the call on Mayshack was made for same reason. Neither were just incidental contact as ZZZ was knocked of course.

Reactions: VolsDoc81TX
I don’t care about optics…. he just needs to hire the best coach….If he feels that his Kara then I trust him 100%… I don’t want to hire a bad coach bc she is an ex lady vol and i don’t want to miss out on a great coach bc she is an ex lady vol.

You don't fire a coach that took you to the Elite 8 unless he turns a minor violation into a major violation that results in him getting a show-cause from the NCAA.

Thought I'd throw in a little correction.
you don’t fire a coach that made an elite eight unless you have a trash administration…. figured it needed another correction.

Last edited:
Did they literally cut down the nets just because they made the Final Four? Is that really a thing? That screams beta champions of life to me.

Also, Edey can get bent. Barnes didn't like you probably because you can't play the style of ball he coaches. Get over yourself with that everyone doubted me BS. You are a 7' monster that can foul as much as he wants and get breathed on and draw a foul. Blow it out your butt.
All 4 FF teams did it - it was considered a Regional Championship.

Man, Danny White is sending a message with firing Harper, and I love it!

I think we need to throw the bank at USC’s coach, and I think she’s a realistic option as well

Dream scenario but she’s prob not realistic. For reference, Mulkey has highest salary at $3.2M / yr.

Staley and Geno are next at $3.1M / yr.

Edit: just realized you prob meant actual USC’s head coach

Glad you said that, because as I said, as a guy who doesn’t follow women’s basketball outside of the LV, that’s the feeling I got when I read her name and then did some research.
I actually like Kara and I think she may be a great coach in the future, but I want a proven winner and someone outside the Lady Vol coaching or playing tree. Eventually you just have to hire the best candidate you can find and not limit yourself. I may look back 5 years from now and say "I was stupid not to want Kara here".

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back