Recruiting Football Talk VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
After reading some of the threads over there, I am much more aware to what @LA Vol referred to concerning that situation. Sheesh.
I also feel like they’re already botching the search. It’s been several hours since the news broke, and they haven’t even identified their Gruden or whether their Gruden owns land in East Tennessee. Not a single plane has been tracked. No rumors about which schools they’re going to send their kids to.

Subpar effort, frankly. We may have to pick up their slack.

That Lady Vols mafia is intense, man...
No kidding. I saw some comments on Facebook that were hilarious...wanting Danny White fired and one even saying they should "fire the UT football coach instead." Just like Lucy on this forum...you can tell they literally only watch Lady Vols sports and care more about Harper being a former player than her actual performance as coach.

Locate piggy bank.

Break.

Put all money on Dawn Staley’s desk and make her say no.
Are you insane? The last 2 hires have been total wastes of money and for what? Plus they insist it be a woman from Pat's tree and they got it....twice. Why do we have to drain the coffers to overpay yet again for something that's a become such a drain? Does it even break even annually financially? How much revenue does it lose per year? Nah. Now that the NIL era is entrenched, we've got more important bills to pay. No reason to go nuts with this hire.

Reactions: crawdaddyjc
Dream scenario but she’s prob not realistic. For reference, Mulkey has highest salary at $3.2M / yr.

Staley and Geno are next at $3.1M / yr.

Edit: just realized you prob meant actual USC’s head coach
3 million? For a women's basketball coach? My word.

Reactions: vol_in_ga
No kidding. I saw some comments on Facebook that were hilarious...wanting Danny White fired and one even saying they should "fire the UT football coach instead." Just like Lucy on this forum...you can tell they literally only watch Lady Vols sports and care more about Harper being a former player than her actual performance as coach.
Typical. Kill the golden goose. Like that program can stand on it's own? Please.

I don't care who they hire, just need to let half the roster go. I don't know who on Kellie's staff thought it was a good idea to recruit that Pitt transfer, but that **** flabbergasted me, could have used that spot on an actual D1 player

Curious, I know you’re in the know about things, has Lawson been thrown around at all? Or is Low’s post about going outside the LV family fully accurate?
I think the intent will be to hire the best available coach that fits UT culture and goals. Look at the other UT head coaches and how they run their programs. That's the template-- not gender or another branch of Pat's tree.

Are you insane? The last 2 hires have been total wastes of money and for what? Plus they insist it be a woman from Pat's tree and they got it....twice. Why do we have to drain the coffers to overpay yet again for something that's a become such a drain? Does it even break even annually financially? How much revenue does it lose per year? Nah. Now that the NIL era is entrenched, we've got more important bills to pay. No reason to go nuts with this hire.

More wishful thinking than anything. But hiring Staley would be a home run. It’s guaranteed success. Immediate success and stability. Of course the financials would have to be crazy bc she’s making bank already.

- 2 NC (we’ll see if she gets a 3rd this year)
- 6 Final Fours
- 8x SECT champs
- 8x regular season SEC champs
- 3x Naismath COY
- 7x SEC COY

Impossible to move on before the negativity gets “so bad” with the Vol fanbase. Incredibly negative fanbase at all times, even when winning things.
While I will agree 100%, that the worst of us are the worst of all, they are but a loud minority of a VERY MASSIVE fanbase...of course!! we're going to have our sh!theads. Out of hundreds of thousands across the globe, you're going to have hundreds of a**holes, period; and, most of them live on twitter, or here.

I hope "incredibly negative at all times" isn't a comment for the whole?? If it is, yeah, just look at all that incredible negativity...

I also feel like they’re already botching the search. It’s been several hours since the news broke, and they haven’t even identified their Gruden or whether their Gruden owns land in East Tennessee. Not a single plane has been tracked. No rumors about which schools they’re going to send their kids to.

Subpar effort, frankly. We may have to pick up their slack.
Dawn isn't the New Gruden? I mean, the idea of Dawn shooting an AFLAC commercial in her OOFOS in front of PAT'S statue is totally Grudenworthy.

I don't care who they hire, just need to let half the roster go. I don't know who on Kellie's staff thought it was a good idea to recruit that Pitt transfer, but that **** flabbergasted me, could have used that spot on an actual D1 player
My daughter played against the Pitt transfer….I wasn’t impressed…. was shocked we took her.

More wishful thinking than anything. But hiring Staley would be a home run. It’s guaranteed success. Immediate success and stability. Of course the financials would have to be crazy bc she’s making bank already.

- 2 NC (we’ll see if she gets a 3rd this year)
- 6 Final Fours
- 8x SECT champs
- 8x regular season SEC champs
- 3x Naismath COY
- 7x SEC COY
Does the women's...cough, cough....basketball program break even? Is it self sufficient or does it depend on siphoning money from men's sports for it's existence? Serious questions. If they are standing on their own and paying for their own coaches, staff, etc, I'll shut up, but if they're not, it's akin to a teen running up huge bills on dad's credit card. At some point, you gotta close the wallet and reestablish some sense of fiscal sanity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back