Recruiting Football Talk VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Early returns from the LV Forum. Surprisingly, a more or less calm and reasonable atmosphere established itself immediately. The food fights disappeared. It's like a fever broke. A small thing perhaps in the grand scheme of things, but a very welcome and encouraging development imo. GBO!

Edit: No sooner do I post that than a usual suspect starts attacking Danny White. Her fave candidate has "too much class" for DW. DW embarrassed himself by hiring [sic] Vitello, "and now this." Maybe it will lie fallow. Smh.
What has Vitello possibly done to be an “embarrassment” besides win at a program used to losing?

Parlays in college sports are ruining the sport.

Heard a conversation on T.V. sports talk show and people are worried more now about whether player x is getting those 5 assist instead of caring about teams accomplishments.
Did fantasy football ruin the NFL? No. (It's the league office that's ruining the NFL with all the idiotic rule changes).

What has Vitello possibly done to be an “embarrassment” besides win at a program used to losing?
Well, I don't think he's married. Plus I'm pretty sure he's straight and straight women find him attractive or so I hear. He's extremely successful and has taken a program from the doldrums to being elite consistently in a very short period of time I might add. On top of that the vast majority of the Vol fan base is absolutely thrilled with UT baseball and it's pushed the LV basketball even further into the background to the point that it's simply no longer relevant to the majority of the fan base. It's a small clique of fans who are uber vocal and live for it, but it's simply not mainstream. Personally, I don't find it the least bit entertaining. It's nothing more than a financial drain and waste of valuable resources IMO. So I guess in closing, all those things collide to make him the target of "LadyVol nation".

We prob have been, but are too set in our ways to see it.
- The tight second half officiating in 2007 against OSU when they called fouls if anyone breathed on Mike Conley. 35-17 in free throw comparison.
- Block on Draymond Green in the last seconds that gave MSU free throws in 2009.
- Iffy charge call on Stokes at the end of the Michigan game in 2014.
- Phantom foul call with a second left on Lamonte Turner against Purdue in 2019.
- The narrative that the media created after our Duke game last year that I believe had an influence against FAU.
- Yesterday.

It has been 17 years of just crazy circumstances. Can’t make this stuff up.

- The tight second half officiating in 2007 against OSU when they called fouls if anyone breathed on Mike Conley. 35-17 in free throw comparison.
- Block on Draymond Green in the last seconds that gave MSU free throws in 2009.
- Iffy charge call on Stokes at the end of the Michigan game in 2014.
- Phantom foul call with a second left on Lamonte Turner against Purdue in 2019.
- The narrative that the media created after our Duke game last year that I believe had an influence against FAU.
- Yesterday.

It has been 17 years of just crazy circumstances. Can’t make this stuff up.
you dont think ANYONE else in cbb thinks this happens to them? What about Corrupt?

Reactions: Devo182
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back