Recruiting Football Talk VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
More wishful thinking than anything. But hiring Staley would be a home run. It’s guaranteed success. Immediate success and stability. Of course the financials would have to be crazy bc she’s making bank already.

- 2 NC (we’ll see if she gets a 3rd this year)
- 6 Final Fours
- 8x SECT champs
- 8x regular season SEC champs
- 3x Naismath COY
- 7x SEC COY
Should have shot our shot many years ago on her.

Never say never, but she's in a great spot and already recruiting lights out. Unless we can convince her to come coach here because we're a blueblood with endless fandom when we're winning, hard to see her leaving her cushy spot now. But who knows.

Reactions: MarcoVol
Should have shot our shot many years ago on her.

Never say never, but she's in a great spot and already recruiting lights out. Unless we can convince her to come coach here because we're a blueblood with endless fandom when we're winning, hard to see her leaving her cushy spot now. But who knows.

And worst case scenario, you offer an absurd amount and force USCjr to break their little piggy bank 😆

I think he meant Coach Barnes didn’t recruit him.
regardless, why single him out? He’s one of the most respectful and respected coaches in the game. Do whatever you need to do to motivate yourself, but keep my coaches name out of your mouth. Not winning any fans calling people out, cussing on national television, trying to make the case for how a giant deserves respect after getting overlooked (how ironic).

Maybe nobody thought the refs would call you like they are. Ever think of that? Not like you look particularly athletic out there. Gimme a break. Dudes gonna get a rude awakening if he has to go against another 7 footer against UConn in the finals.

Early returns from the LV Forum. Surprisingly, a more or less calm and reasonable atmosphere established itself immediately. The food fights disappeared. It's like a fever broke. A small thing perhaps in the grand scheme of things, but a very welcome and encouraging development imo. GBO!

Edit: No sooner do I post that than a usual suspect starts attacking Danny White. Her fave candidate has "too much class" for DW. DW embarrassed himself by hiring [sic] Vitello, "and now this." Maybe it will lie fallow. Smh.
Tell them that Currie hired Vitello (I myself got called out for recalling this incorrectly and appropriately lambasted) and they are a self righteous POS.

As a guy who only watches the Lady Vols, will someone with more women’s basketball knowledge than me please explain this push for hiring Lawson from Duke?

I’m looking at her resume, and aside from the ties to UT, I just don’t get it. In 3 years, 4 if we count the short Covid year, she’s made the tournament twice, but her regular season record isn’t impressive. In fact, if that’s our target, it almost feels like a Harper repeat and makes me think we should have just rolled the dice and kept her for one more year.
Pat Summit Disciple Supporters be like:

1712015975316.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back