Recruiting Football Talk VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does the women's...cough, cough....basketball program break even? Is it self sufficient or does it depend on siphoning money from men's sports for it's existence? Serious questions. If they are standing on their own and paying for their own coaches, staff, etc, I'll shut up, but if they're not, it's akin to a teen running up huge bills on dad's credit card. At some point, you gotta close the wallet and reestablish some sense of fiscal sanity.
Oof. I mentioned it briefly earlier with fear as I typed it, but you went there. Bold move cotton.

Reactions: Ulysees E. McGill
Dare you to go to the Lady Vols forum with that comment 🤣

That buncg is too busy hating on DW for firing Kellie to think about who might replace her. They’re something else over there. Glad that DW had the foresight and boldness to not care what that group thinks and make the right decision.

Why not Bruce Pearl?
For women’s basketball coach? Can you even imagine the shock waves that would be sent across college sports? I’d love to see it lol. If for no other reason than to mock auburn for losing him. It’d be like if your wife left you and told you she was going gay because of the experience with you.

What’s the problem with that? If a coach rebuilt the Lady Vols close to what it was under Summit, then that’s chump change. The revenue would vastly outweigh the salary.
I've yet to see numbers on their financial health. No idea what they averaged in attendance under Summit, but even with a full house, I can't imagine the women's tournament earning anything close to the men's tournament. If a winning women's program can make that much money, let them be self sufficient. No need to take money from football or the mens side at all, no? Stand on your own two feet.

Uga is darn good and we went 2-1 on em. Underestimated them day one and proved ourselves the rest of the weekend.
@OldTimer in the baseball forum had the o/u on combined HRs (both teams) at 17.5. I surmised from that that they could hit! 😂 Tough league. We fought through and won the series. GBO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back