Recruiting Football Talk VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
What are you doing posting? You're supposed to be covering the airport for this new coaching search.
YARN | You're not my mom! | Scrubs (2001) - S06E22 Drama | Video clips by  quotes | cbbab932 | 紗

Basilio going into more detail on Nico: he’s not good, not great, he’s insane. Not sure how to discuss it because he’s afraid it will put too much pressure and expectations on Nico and Heupel. After all he’s still a freshman and hasn’t played much. This guy is better than Hooker but the question is how is the rest of the team? Is it better?

In Jack Burtons opinion the rest of the team is better. We’re probably more athletic at LB and secondary. Basilio said our DL is so good it could field 3 teams.
It's a lot of hype, but I wouldn't be shocked about Nico at all or the D-line. I'm more worried about the receivers.

Contrary to some, I think Nico will have had plenty of experience leading into that NC State game.

He got here in 2022 and participated in every bowl practice.

Winter workouts, spring practice, spring game, summer workouts, fall camp, 1st team reps in the middle of the season when Joe was hurt, played in four games, was Q1 for the whole bowl season and kicked Iowa's ass.

Winter workouts, spring practice, spring game, summer workouts, fall camp and then kick off against Chattanooga.

All of that before his first big game in Charlotte against NC State. A ton of first team reps and reps overall and he has gained weight like we needed him to. He'll be ready to go, I know that. Freaks with that much development typically do well.

Let's try that logic elsewhere.

You seem intent on ignoring cause/effect when it suits you. It may be that both offense and defense suffered *because* of the "horrible" game calling you admitted to having seen.
Its horrible, for everyone. We could lament our pain and anguish, or simply admit to ourselves we missed plenty of opportunities.

All we can control is how we play. That's my point.

Making a F4 is a big deal..it shocks me that you didn't know that. I am beginning to understand why it seems that so many people here have little understanding of college basketball.
Of course it is a big deal, but I still don't get cutting down the nets at that point. You still have to win two more games to be the champs. It just seems pre-mature to me. If that is what they do then that is what they do. I just think it should be reserved for the actual champs.

Basilio going into more detail on Nico: he’s not good, not great, he’s insane. Not sure how to discuss it because he’s afraid it will put too much pressure and expectations on Nico and Heupel. After all he’s still a freshman and hasn’t played much. This guy is better than Hooker but the question is how is the rest of the team? Is it better?

In Jack Burtons opinion the rest of the team is better. We’re probably more athletic at LB and secondary. Basilio said our DL is so good it could field 3 teams.
9c25f48ae66915ffdbdc04d3646ea209.gif

1712080594206.gif

Its horrible, for everyone. We could lament our pain and anguish, or simply admit to ourselves we missed plenty of opportunities.

All we can control is how we play. That's my point.
Your point is misplaced in the context of the conversation. The conversation was about how the officiating affected the game. Your answer was basically, "We just needed to make more baskets."

That's ridiculous, as it completely ignores a major reason that we didn't score more (officiating against us), and the reason why we would have to score more (officiating FOR Purdue). Every team misses opportunities in every game. The cost of those missed opportunities will vary from game to game. The officiating increased the cost of the missed opportunities (and likely caused more missed opportunities as we changed our play in response to the officiating). IOW, both teams were going to miss opportunities, no matter what. No one will play perfect games. But the unbalanced officiating put UT in an untenable position per opportunities.

You know why we needed to score more? Because Purdue scored more. You know one reason they scored more? The officiating. You know why we needed to score more than we did? Because we didn't score more than we did. You know one reason? The officiating.

That's OUR point that you glibly hand-waved aside.

The teacher didn't use the correct answer key when she graded your test? Well, you can sit and complain about it, or just admit that you should have gotten more answers right. All you can control is the answers you write, right?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back