Recruiting Football Talk VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Basilio going into more detail on Nico: he’s not good, not great, he’s insane. Not sure how to discuss it because he’s afraid it will put too much pressure and expectations on Nico and Heupel. After all he’s still a freshman and hasn’t played much. This guy is better than Hooker but the question is how is the rest of the team? Is it better?

In Jack Burtons opinion the rest of the team is better. We’re probably more athletic at LB and secondary. Basilio said our DL is so good it could field 3 teams.
I am cautiously optimistic about this year
Dline is great
Wrs are better
Qb has all the potential in the world
Oline is better imo
Dbs are young but fast and really talented
Lbs are better and AC is ridiculously fast and talented

WRs = my question mark for this season...

Didn't get great production this season, some of that was new OC and new QB I'm sure...but could some of it be the WR talent? Losing Keyton, losing both TEs, Bru returning from a nasty injury, will Thornton step up to be a true #1 talent? Squirrel is electric but he's not going to be a guy that can take over a game like Hyatt and even Tillman were able to do.

Lots of talent though...adding Brazzell, Matthews, & Staley will help a ton. Just need to see it on the field.

Didn't get great production this season, some of that was new OC and new QB I'm sure...but could some of it be the WR talent? Losing Keyton, losing both TEs, Bru returning from a nasty injury, will Thornton step up to be a true #1 talent? Squirrel is electric but he's not going to be a guy that can take over a game like Hyatt and even Tillman were able to do.

Lots of talent though...adding Brazzell, Matthews, & Staley will help a ton. Just need to see it on the field.
Agreed.

Squirrel is really the only guy we know that for a fact will show up an produce.

The talent is there though, if we get back to where we were in 2021 and 22 at the position then we will be juuuuust fine.

Assuming you're talking about the Porsche and not the pepper? lol

I had a similar SUV (Infiniti FX35) fun to drive, low to the ground, AWD, and a very quick V6... not a ton of room for anyone other than the driver and front passenger.

I'll just go with the default all the car guys I know that are Porsche fans say... "911 is the only one worth owning"

Lol thank you.

My neighbor was selling his for a good price. I was thinking about it.

Reactions: MoCo_Vol
What’s dumb about it? A lot of coaches are former players. She’s still playing in the WNBA but she could absolutely decide to go into coaching once she’s done, as many do. Dawn Staley, former player. Kim Mulkey, former player. And the list goes on.
She’s not a coach. She’s a player.
Maybe one day she’ll be a coach, but as of today - she’s never coached a single game.

Staley & Mulkey both spent years and years, coaching, before they got their big jobs at Sc & Baylor.

It would be incredibly dumb to hire Candace Parker, today, into the Head Coach position for the Lady Vols.

Heupel is the OC, he gets play suggestions from Joey but the final call is obviously Heupel…

Maybe one day she’ll be a coach, but as of today - she’s never coached a single game.

Staley & Mulkey both spent years and years, coaching, before they got their big jobs at Sc & Baylor.

It would be incredibly dumb to hire Candace Parker, today, into the Head Coach position for the Lady Vols.
In a few years Candace with be hosting the NBA on TNT pregame show.

Barkley and Kenny Smith will retire before long.

Nice payday with Zero stress.

Agree but just to play devil’s advocate, Staley was hired as Temple’s HC *while* she was in the WNBA. She did both for like 6 years which is wild.

But again I agree. Just had to point that out bc it’s nuts.

Reactions: Govolsman98
It’s a fair question bc it was very recently reported on here that she was definitely coming back… we already knew High School recruiting was not good…. Did we miss on specific transfer targets?
If it is a fair question why didn't you summarize all of LA's and MoCo's posts for him, instead of posting this? 😂

Reactions: knoxvol52

You need to go back and read my original post. I never said she should be the next HC of the Lady VoIs. I said maybe one day, somewhere down the road...

Reactions: LaagerVol
I been seen't it round here somewhere, volquest said it and blue chip breakdown dude

I guess I'm ignorant to shoulder injuries, but I don't remember so many of them taking 6 months to heal in the past.
Shoulders are a b*tch to recoop/heal from.

I had a minor labrum repair in Nov and I can still barely touch my hand to my lower back.

Reactions: PlanetVolunteer
Agree but just to play devil’s advocate, Staley was hired as Temple’s HC *while* she was in the WNBA. She did both for like 6 years which is wild.

But again I agree. Just had to point that out bc it’s nuts.
Sure, everyone cuts their teeth somewhere. Temple was probably a good spot for Staley to cut hers.

Tennessee Lady Vols Basketball should never be someone’s introduction into coaching lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back