Recruiting Football Talk VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn't take Bronny because he sucked a$$ at USC.

Played 19 mpg, shot 36.6% FG, 26.7% 3PT, and 67.6% FT for 4.8 ppg... he had his shot outta HS to get paid. If he had anyone else as a father I can assure you he wouldn't have been a top 20 player in that class.

Also how bad was USC? They have 7 top 100 players on that roster and went 15-18 in a Pac-12 that only sent 4 teams to the tournament... good lord

Honestly, I think Rick Barnes has been the only "big hire" of any of the major sports in my lifetime as a Vol fan (going back to the mid 90s).
Serrano was considered a pretty big hire at the time. He'd been to 2 World Series and 2 Super Regionals in 7 years of coaching before coming to Knoxville.

Massive disappointment!!

I wouldn't take Bronny because he sucked a$$ at USC.

Played 19 mpg, shot 36.6% FG, 26.7% 3PT, and 67.6% FT for 4.8 ppg... he had his shot outta HS to get paid. If he had anyone else as a father I can assure you he wouldn't have been a top 20 player in that class.

Also how bad was USC? They have 7 top 100 players on that roster and went 15-18 in a Pac-12 that only sent 4 teams to the tournament... good lord
Thus, they're looking to replace their coach? As for Bronny, will he even make it to the NBA?

People need to calm the F down.

Honestly, the silly little semi-threat about getting it right is rich. That bunch got who they wanted after Pat then again after Warlick. Now it's someone else's fault? White? Come on. With a money loser like WBB, they're lucky White bothered to make a change this time. Waste of money is a waste of money. What do they want next? Same NIL funds as football? Mens basketball? Pfftt...

How many National PoTys have we had in the Big Three sports?

I'm guessing LVs has at least one, surely Candace has one, if not Holdsclaw and maybe another.

Football, we all know the Heisman history.

MBB? Not sure if Houston or Ernie ever won.
Holdsclaw was a 2-Time National POTY.
Tameka Catchings and Todd Helton were National POTY, as well.

Honestly, the silly little semi-threat about getting it right is rich. That bunch got who they wanted after Pat then again after Warlick. Now it's someone else's fault? White? Come on. With a money loser like WBB, they're lucky White bothered to make a change this time. Waste of money is a waste of money. What do they want next? Same NIL funds as football? Mens basketball? Pfftt...
WBB does generate a fair amount of money. I'd think it would support a good amount of NIL funds, not like Football of course.

Reactions: SoilVol
April 3, 1973
The first cell phone call was made on April 3, 1973, by Motorola engineer Martin Cooper from Sixth Avenue in New York while walking between 53rd and 54th streets.

Cooper hoisted the 2 1/2-pound prototype to his ear and called a rival, Joel Engel of Bell Laboratories at AT&T, to declare that his Motorola team had devised a functional portable phone. “There was silence at the other end of the line,” Cooper recalled to Bloomberg in 2015. “To this day, Joel doesn’t remember that call, and I’m not sure I blame him.”

The clunky “shoe” phone, almost as big as a shoebox, allowed a user to talk for 35 minutes and required 10 hours to recharge, according to Wired magazine.

View attachment 631661

I'm convinced. . . Nico is the best college QB in the last 20 years. It's possible he may be the best QB you've ever seen play. He'll win the Heisman the next 2 years. They may give him the Heisman the year after he graduates, because he's so good. I don't think we'll lose a game while he's here. He'll have an impact on the QB's that follow him to the point that they'll be much better than anyone else in the country. His impact will last for years. We may never lose another game at Tennessee in our lifetime.
Feel the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back