Recruiting Football Talk VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its just hilarious how these people are blaming Danny White for recruits reopening their recruitment (2025 and 2027 players) and panicking about the transfer portal and saying it's desperate to just make the tournament next year.

1. You don't make hiring decisions based on how it temporarily affects players.
2. Those HS recruits were always going to decommit. That's what happens.
3. Their panicking about the transfer portal is passive admission that Harper was failing if hitting the portal was so dire that it means we do or don't make the tournament next year.
4. Also just hilarious that they think taking a week to hire a new coach versus a day is a major factor that determines making a tournament a year from now 😂
No one likes the reasonable voice when it's clearly time to panic. Please check yourself.

This is not sustainable.

Market will settle this out. Either someone will pay and risk their team chemistry or have ti overpay to keep their own roster OR he won't get those offers and have to settle for less - realizing his true market value - and have to play somewhere else than Kansas.

If he and his handlers were smart they'd realize playing for less at Kansas is better than playing for more in most other places.

Is this your way of creating some twisted homoerotica by pretending I'm into your female equivalent? Just because it's clear you and Lucy are mirror images just with different genders, I think, how is that my fault??
You are trying way too hard to make me a female..... Its weird.

Is this your way of creating some twisted homoerotica by pretending I'm into your female equivalent? Just because it's clear you and Lucy are mirror images just with different genders, I think, how is that my fault??
Besides, if you think about it..... we arent the same which makes it weirder. She hates every male coach on campus.
I just have takes on one coach on campus, but dont have any others I want to fire. We really aren't the same.

Besides, if you think about it..... we arent the same which makes it weirder. She hates every male coach on campus.
I just have takes on one coach on campus, but dont have any others I want to fire. We really aren't the same.
giphy.gif

Reactions: Volunteer821
Market will settle this out. Either someone will pay and risk their team chemistry or have ti overpay to keep their own roster OR he won't get those offers and have to settle for less - realizing his true market value - and have to play somewhere else than Kansas.

If he and his handlers were smart they'd realize playing for less at Kansas is better than playing for more in most other places.
Yep. In other words, "not sustainable" literally means "it will correct itself."

Above all, NIL doesn't the crooked, self-interested "help" of a huge cheater like Saban and Bama looking to legislate the end to the leveling of the playing field that NIL is bringing to the game, and a return to the era of the crooked NCAA intentionally determining outcomes by protecting favorites and going after their favorites' rivals.

Its just hilarious how these people are blaming Danny White for recruits reopening their recruitment (2025 and 2027 players) and panicking about the transfer portal and saying it's desperate to just make the tournament next year.

1. You don't make hiring decisions based on how it temporarily affects players.
2. Those HS recruits were always going to decommit. That's what happens.
3. Their panicking about the transfer portal is passive admission that Harper was failing if hitting the portal was so dire that it means we do or don't make the tournament next year.
4. Also just hilarious that they think taking a week to hire a new coach versus a day is a major factor that determines making a tournament a year from now 😂
I'm actually not following it on social and I'm avoiding the clickbait. But people who are setting themselves up to be disappointed are going to be quick to cast blame when their expectations of the perfect search and hire aren't met. UT values things other schools care less about and looks for a certain type of person. Some of these names being tossed out are not that.

That said, being able to find portal players will matter. More players may leave, and the roster is down.

Sure wish this vitriol over the LVs would stop. Ironic that some of the people kvetching the most aren't even staunch supporters of the program.
I made an effort to restore some calm, rationality, and courtesy in that forum with the result that a bona fide delusional paranoid three times claimed that I am on DW's staff and that the athletic department has no business on an LV board. When you include the folks that like such posts and similar rants, the obvious mental illness is not a good look.

I'm just ignoring the whole issue now. Why should I worry? I am the athletic department, after all.

I'm actually not following it on social and I'm avoiding the clickbait. But people who are setting themselves up to be disappointed are going to be quick to cast blame when their expectations of the perfect search and hire aren't met. UT values things other schools care less about and looks for a certain type of person. Some of these names being tossed out are not that.
What's the "certain type of person" criteria? Just out of curiosity?

But also hasn't played 70 games in a season since being in Cleveland...guess those were all non injury related misses?
Load management is prevalent throughout the NBA front office analytics. This is well known. LA pushes it on AD as well and he's only 30.

Surprised it took folks so long to figure load management out tbh.

He was also 34 by the time he played outside of Cleveland lol. His sixteenth(!) season. For the old school players, this would be equivalent to being 38...having never missed a season 😳.

The dude has been a model of durability and anyone arguing otherwise is off their rocker bigly.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jimmy Football
SF Update:
Quick update: The inbound interest is very strong for the job this time. That’s the opposite of the last go round. As a courtesy to those coaches and their agents (who are the agents of other coaches) we’ll screen and interview people who aren’t in contention for the job. The list of three viable options may have expanded to four or five, but they are still focused on a primary target who they’ve been talking to for awhile. I think we’ll have a coach by the end of next week. This shouldn’t last long.

Load management is prevalent throughout the NBA front office analytics. This is well known.

Surprised it took folks so long to figure it out tbh.
that is why the NBA created the policy known as lebronisapus to stop players from sitting out games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back