Recruiting Football Talk VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't tell if serious "He simply hasn’t had a major season ending injury." In 21 seasons 😅🤣 What a softie.

Again...load management. It's not that complicated. Until he came to LA, (at age 34!!) where they LM everyone, he missed less than 100 games...in FIFTEEN YEARS lol.

Not to compare, but just for context since you seem to have an unreachable bar...Brady missed an entire season himself... the GOAT of longevity in the NFL. MJ, the BB GOAT, missed 148 games in only 15 years with breaks in-between. Nearly missed 2 full seasons. And with NO LM at the time. So...does that make him soft?? What a silly argument that would be. Again, just context...that MFer played with the flu and won!

Please tell me either of them were soft for missing a season or more games during the same stretch.

Experts agree LBJ is one of the most impressive ever with durability and longevity. To consider him soft with his track record is just off the complete deep end. Unless your bar is Cal Ripken, I'm not sure what else you're hoping for in a contact sport. And surely "soft" would mean you're at least below average in durability and longevity...imagine arguing that with a straight face 🤣🤣
What does Lyndon Johnson have to do with any of this?

He has still missed over 200 games, and only played 1 complete season (82 games) in his entire career.

He’s definitely not a model of durability and I’ll happily be off my rocker bigly to point it out.

He simply hasn’t had a major season ending injury.
He’s number 2 all time in minutes played and number 6 in games played. He’s also recorded a PER of over 23 in every season but his first, and is still better than most in VORP, BPM, and win share. So not only has he played more than everyone but Kareem, he’s done it at an extraordinarily high level. I think that pretty much checks every box for model of durability.

Reactions: drvenner
280 million year old? I honestly have my doubts that carbon 14 dating is accurate, especially that accurate.
"Give or take a few million years"

I mean, when we're talking billions of years, 🤔

The T-Rex is closer to us in time than the earliest dinosaurs and about the same gap as between them and Velociraptors...Spielberg be damned.

I'm convinced. . . Nico is the best college QB in the last 20 years. It's possible he may be the best QB you've ever seen play. He'll win the Heisman the next 2 years. They may give him the Heisman the year after he graduates, because he's so good. I don't think we'll lose a game while he's here. He'll have an impact on the QB's that follow him to the point that they'll be much better than anyone else in the country. His impact will last for years. We may never lose another game at Tennessee in our lifetime.

Remember when some people here said Merk might start over Nico 😂

He’s number 2 all time in minutes played and number 6 in games played. He’s also recorded a PER of over 23 in every season but his first, and is still better than most in VORP, BPM, and win share. So not only has he played more than everyone but Kareem, he’s done it at an extraordinarily high level. I think that pretty much checks every box for model of durability.
It would be more impressive if he played during a more physical time. We are in an era where sneezing on an opposing player will draw a foul. It's not like LeBron has ever been roughed up by Dennis Rodman or taken an elbow from Bill Laimbeer. Rules were changed to take some of the rough and tumble out of the game and increase offense. I know younger folks hate to hear that, but the truth is still the truth.

It would be more impressive if he played during a more physical time. We are in an era where sneezing on an opposing player will draw a foul. It's not like LeBron has ever been roughed up by Dennis Rodman or taken an elbow from Bill Laimbeer. Rules were changed to take some of the rough and tumble out of the game and increase offense. I know younger folks hate to hear that, but the truth is still the truth.
Agree about the rule changes. The NBA is pretty much unwatchable for me at this point. But, I don’t think that diminishes that he’s played at an All-star level for two decades while playing more minutes than all but one other player. I imagine running and jumping at his size is a lot of wear and tear.

"Give or take a few million years"

I mean, when we're talking billions of years, 🤔

The T-Rex is closer to us in time than the earliest dinosaurs and about the same gap as between them and Velociraptors...Spielberg be damned.
Yeah I don’t buy it. Science has a place but I don’t see their dating being accurate at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back