Recruiting Football Talk VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not enjoying reading about other teams visits highs with our targets while we wait for our two big weekends. When did June become such a stressful recruiting month?!
Meh...we get who we get...I don't pet the sweaty stuff anymore...wait, I mean I donā€™t sweat the petty stuff anymore..

Hope that kid figures it out.

How was he so highly rated? Just pure potential?
Some kids never fall in love with the weight room and the off-season. May not have HS coaches holding them accountable and they never really catch up. Generally they were the most athletic on the field and never had to work as hard as others. Not saying that's true in his or Leacock's case but it happens a lot.

Is it me or is the CWS setting up to be one of the weaker group of 8 teams in recent memory? Assuming 1-4 ranked teams make CWS, Kentucky didnā€™t show well in SEC tourni, A&M has cooled down a bit from earlier in the season, and many of the traditional powerhouse programs are out. Also doesnā€™t seem to be the one ā€œhotā€ team, both of which set up well for the Vols if they play consistentā€¦
i think part of it is there's a lot of familiarity for us in the supers....all the SEC teams and KSU...and we beat all those teams.

the only thing i'd caution here is teams like UGA and FL are better than they were when we faced them. KSU too.

that said, there's nobody i think i'm anxious about playing left. but there's definitely teams left than can beat us. UK, while we won that series, it was competitive as all get out. we only saw aTm once and i'd venture to say when we saw them, they weren't exactly in win at all costs mode.....so i think that would be a very competitive series.

the closest thing, imo, we have to that "hot" team is Floriday. they remind me of OM a couple years ago...could argue they shouldn't have even gotten in...and here they are. they've never lacked confidence, just haven't gotten results....and they lost a lot of close games......so that could be interesting.

i think if we're fortunate enough to make a run, it would be difficult to beat us 2/3.....and right now, that's about all i can say.

I don't feel super comfortable about LG, but I think Lampley and Karic are servicable. The other will backup both G positions I'd assume. Davis can probably backup any position on the line tbh. Lang is the assumed backup at C.

Larry Johnson might get some time at tackle. Aside from that, hopefully one of the freshmen shine. The sophomores (aside from Lang) haven't seemed to impress anyone iirc.
No one that Elarbee has recruited from hs has seen significant play time. Every year we have to go to the portal to fill the gaps on the OL. I think at this point it is kind of telling about Elarbee

Some kids never fall in love with the weight room and the off-season. May not have HS coaches holding them accountable and they never really catch up. Generally they were the most athletic on the field and never had to work as hard as others. Not saying that's true in his or Leacock's case but it happens a lot.
i think we need more depth at WR

Reactions: Leeleesteeth
Continues to put good OL units on the field. Who cares where they come from?
The O-Line was poor in the spring game, yes I know we were out 2-3 starters. But, thst speaks to the recruiting aspect of it. A lot of times during the season teams will have a couple of guys out on the o-line. And the product we saw in the spring game is what we will see if we do have a couple of injuries on the o-line

The O-Line was poor in the spring game, yes I know we were out 2-3 starters. But, thst speaks to the recruiting aspect of it. A lot of times during the season teams will have a couple of guys out on the o-line. And the product we saw in the spring game is what we will see if we do have a couple of injuries on the o-line
A lot of those guys were Freshmen and RS Freshmen. The 2024 OL class is very talented and 2025 is looking good. Ellerbee is getting things right in recruiting now...just hang in there.

A few months back I had to put my 10.5 year old pit rescue, Deebo, down due to hemangiosarcoma. He is the brown pit laying in the yard. My wife and kids have been wanting another dog but I havenā€™t reached that point yet. A couple weeks ago we had our neighbors over and they noticed his pictures everywhere and asked about him. The wife ended up telling us about her friends mom who has a 12 mo old Great Dane/Pit and he is too much dog for her and her work schedule. Wellā€¦..we ended up hosting her and the pup and he fit right in with our family. He favors Deebo in looks (except much bigger) and has the exact same demeanor. I swear itā€™s like Deebo sent him to us. We have adopted this 90lb maniac and couldn't be happier with him. His name was Baxter and we decided to change his name. I introduce to Volnation, Nico!
Congrats

Follow up on Bradley:
My point is he will have to drastically improve or I wouldnā€™t expect him here past this year. He weighs around 225 whereas Caleb Herring is over 250 currently.

There are a handful in every class that you know probably wonā€™t help and itā€™s important to identify them quickly. He certainly feels like one that wonā€™t make it here long term.
Oh he is a fantastic kid who does it all the right way off the field. Just has to want it more on the field
-AP

Before Midway the US Navy didnā€™t win a major battle against Japan.
After Midway they never lost a major battle against Japan.
Talk about Turing the tidešŸ«”
Breaking the Japanese code and the story behind it is amazing.
US knew they were coming..................

Follow up on Bradley:

-AP
Damn that sucks. He and Leacockā€¦two top 100 guys.

I hope they end up figuring it out. I guess the only way that may happen or they get some type of motivation is if they somehow get thrown out into a game and ball out.

I guess at the same time if I had to choose two positions to lose someone it would be edge and WR since we are loaded

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back