Recruiting Football Talk VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember. Never got a vacation as it were. I am too valuable as a regular poster for such things to apply to me. The board needs me too much.
I got a couple. I always thought I could feel the disturbance in the force in time, but when you were running as hard as I was back then reality was not always perception.

I remember. Never got a vacation as it were. I am too valuable as a regular poster for such things to apply to me. The board needs me too much.
That's exactly what Freak used to say to me! "Weezer, you're too valuable to the board to be getting in trouble, You're VN's most beloved poster! Our spiritual leader! I rely on you to keep troublemakers in check. Like this noob, I think he calls himself Glump or something like that. We need you, Weez!"

I always have been Freak's favorite. He tells me so all the time.

Update on @SweetasSoda this evening, her Niece said she was having mini strokes today but the MRI showed an improvement on the infection. She said she’s still critical and needing prayers. I was glad to hear that there was improvement with the infection. That gives us some hope. She’s in MICU on the 3rd floor in Erlanger. 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻
Prayers sent for our favorite cheerleader!
🙏🙏🙏🧡🧡🧡

Not sure what some of our parents trained us in, but this could explain a lot.

I don't believe this. I think we all have a potential. You would need to do this with hundreds of kids from all different sets of parents to even come close to proving this hypothesis.

I've always said one of the hardest parts of parenting is finding what your kids strengths are and guiding them in the appropriate direction.

What if Tiger Woods dad had pushed basketball instead of golf? You think he would be in the conversation as one of the greats? No. He's a perfect example of opportunity melding perfectly with his inherent potential.

Man, all these names being thrown around really take me back. I lurked for a solid 5 or 6 years before I finally made an account in 2017

I don't post a ton for how often I'm in here, but I read pretty much everything on the recruiting football talk threads (I might skip ahead a little during a live basketball or baseball game).
I feel feel connected to a great many people on here. Which is probably why the @SweetasSoda was legitimately devastating.

I hope most of the names that have been brought back up have just moved on to other things or other sites and are doing well in life.

I live near Arkansas State University and I was just watching local news. They interviewed Butch Jones. A QB named Timmy McClain transferred from UCF to AState. Jones claimed in interview that MCClain was top QB in transfer portal this year. I looked it up, since I had never heard of McClain. McClain was the 60th ranked QB in the portal for 2024. Not the 60th player, but the 60th QB.
I usually try to not be too hard on Jones. He took over a terrible, terrible roster and has built the program back to a bowl game last year. But this is really wild to call this transfer QB the best QB in portal. I also wonder why sportscaster allowed this to go on air. It would have been easy to look it up.

That's exactly what Freak used to say to me! "Weezer, you're too valuable to the board to be getting in trouble, You're VN's most beloved poster! Our spiritual leader! I rely on you to keep troublemakers in check. Like this noob, I think he calls himself Glump or something like that. We need you, Weez!"

I always have been Freak's favorite. He tells me so all the time.
🙄bath-pig.gif

And people cry about Nico getting his flight paid for.

This is why Saban is pissed, quit, and trying to get the government to bail out his crooked NCAA protectors. Bama has handed out Chargers and Challengers by the hundreds for decades. If anyone one else does the same thing without getting probation, "parity is destroyed" 😆

Update on @SweetasSoda this evening, her Niece said she was having mini strokes today but the MRI showed an improvement on the infection. She said she’s still critical and needing prayers. I was glad to hear that there was improvement with the infection. That gives us some hope. She’s in MICU on the 3rd floor in Erlanger. 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻
I feel this so much more than I ever would have guessed - it’s like she’s my sister. I’ve never met her in person but feel like somehow our souls have known each other for a long time. I’ve been struggling all day to keep the tears at bay and sometimes I couldn’t. The last time I prayed this hard was for the boys in the cave.

View attachment 646293

Thanks, Suave!!! I'm just happy to be part of the RF team. There's a lot more posters that's come and gone that got me hooked on this place.

GBO

I'll add....

@Ron Swanson
@InVOLuntary
@engineerVOL
@Orange Studs
@jakez4ut
@Glitch
@Orange.
@VolsDoc81TX
@Jimmy Football
@SmokinBob
@smokeyhuntsgators
@Rishvol
@screenthis
@COOKEVOL
@Aesius
@mr.checkerboards
And a host of VOLUNTEERS

(There's a whole lot more I'm missing too. The RF is a freaking VN Army.)
🧡

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back