Recruiting Football Talk VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Way too many teams with reasonable budgets have won the World Series for this doomsday outlook to hold serve. You develop your farm system and manage your talent well? You have a high chance of success. Mebbe one or two franchises that can pay the luxury tax and somehow they’re not even an annual participant. As a Braves fan I’m seeing a team crumbling due to losses of our most important position players and best pitcher. Last time that happened, we ended up with a trophy when the last firework went off. Hate to see you go, but baseball won’t miss you.
Ok

I said..the small-mid teams that do have success get ripped apart quickly...and that is true. You see them in the WS and soon their best players are soon all gone...there will be no runs of greatness.
Mets spent more than anybody the last few seasons…where’s THEIR run? How many consecutive WS trips for the Yankees are we up to? Now do the Dodgers. NOBODY is doing a “run of greatness”. Game’s too humbling.

Way too many teams with reasonable budgets have won the World Series for this doomsday outlook to hold serve. You develop your farm system and manage your talent well? You have a high chance of success. Mebbe one or two franchises that can pay the luxury tax and somehow they’re not even an annual participant. As a Braves fan I’m seeing a team crumbling due to losses of our most important position players and best pitcher. Last time that happened, we ended up with a trophy when the last firework went off. Hate to see you go, but baseball won’t miss you.
I agree with this point as well. The Florida Marlins have won 2 World Series. I wouldn't have put a dime on them to beat the star studded Yankees team. The 1997 series was a matchup of both teams being small markets Florida and Cleveland.

So yes small market teams can strive in MLB just as you stated development in Farm system in a major key. Milwaukee seems to make playoffs every year now with only one high paid player in Yelich.

Mets spent more than anybody the last few seasons…where’s THEIR run? How many consecutive WS trips for the Yankees are we up to? Now do the Dodgers. NOBODY is doing a “run of greatness”. Game’s too humbling.
Yea and word is Cohen (Mets Owner) is willing to give Soto around $500 million dollar contract in Free Agency.

Reactions: butchna
Yea and word is Cohen (Mets Owner) is willing to give Soto around $500 million dollar contract in Free Agency.
George Steinbrenner Syndrome. “This one will do it!” Crazy unreigned spending doesn’t work. Yankees achieved their last dynasty when George had to sit and real baseball people got to operate meddle free.

I don't think this is complete true. He's had a lot of bad luck. Just look at his start again Evansville. An infield and two errors or he easily gets a couple more innings. His defense hasn't been kind to him.
I watch every pitch he makes. I see the best swings and approaches opponents are taking. The errors are reflected in that they do not count against his ERA. I am not talking wins and losses. I am talking about his execution of pitching.

I said..the small-mid teams that do have success get ripped apart quickly...and that is true. You see them in the WS and soon their best players are soon all gone...there will be no runs of greatness.
Yes. I lived in Tampa for a long time. The Tampa Rays have done a great job of handling their small budget. But still, it was not fun watching players play really well and then leave for a higher salary at the big markets. Just not as fun to have big turnover year after year (David Price).

George Steinbrenner Syndrome. “This one will do it!” Crazy unreigned spending doesn’t work. Yankees achieved their last dynasty when George had to sit and real baseball people got to operate meddle free.
Both things can be true. You are correct about the crazy spending without a plan not regularly leading to dynasty type runs. Imo mostly because of the size of those owner’s egos lol. It is also true that well run small market/lower revenue teams have a hard time holding onto the talent they shrewdly acquire with a good organizational plan. So the current system doesn’t guarantee the big markets success, but it guarantees that small market teams are at a huge disadvantage trying to hold onto their players.

Last edited:
I watch every pitch he makes. I see the best swings and approaches opponents are taking. The errors are reflected in that they do not count against his ERA. I am not talking wins and losses. I am talking about his execution of pitching.
I didn't say a thing about ERA.
His defense has let him down many times extending innings. Thus making him throw more stressful pitches thus making him work harder. He's having to throw a ton of Max Effort pitches earlier in games because his defense is putting him in bad spots.

Most of these parks the weather plays a big factor. That is true even for our band box.
Yeah, it's not the fence, it's the wind that makes Omaha a questionable site. Off the plains and straight toward home plate.

The rivals who whine about the dimensions of our park are grossly exaggerating and everyone with sense sees that they just hate us cuz they anus.There's really not much difference. And somehow they can't dinger in Knoxville, but we can at their parks. 😊

Fandom sucks and you usually have no control. Find your reason for being a fan and make sure they align with reality. If you only want championships you might have to look at a second team to root for. Baseball probably allows for more parity than most due to all the analytics and approaches that can work. NFL you have to be a team with an amazing QB or a competent one and a stellar Defense. Basketball the teams are smaller so stars matter a lot more.

And so...MLB is stolen from me, I will not follow it anymore because of those issues. I hope CBB isn't, but it looks to be headed that way.

Small-mid market teams that do succeed are ripped apart quickly thanks to the idiotic way MLB does things, which is THE reason they lost me...I hope the greedy players and owners all choke on their f'n money and MLB dies so MAYBE it can be reborn with a fair system.

You are a Dodger...so it doesn't bother you, they can keep whoever and sign whoever they want...surely you can see that much.

I know you and Beast33 love em and I believe you came by it honestly...but surely you can freaking admit the unfairness of the system...I'm not really mad at the Dodgers or Yankees...I just f'n hate the stupid system that allows them to do what they do.
The Braves seem to do just fine in the current system and that counters your entire argument

Yeah, it's not the fence, it's the wind that makes Omaha a questionable site. Off the plains and straight toward home plate.

The rivals who whine about the dimensions of our park are grossly exaggerating and everyone with sense sees that they just hate us cuz they anus.There's really not much difference. And somehow they can't dinger in Knoxville, but we can at their parks. 😊
The thing about our bombs..... if you look at the numbers, they're bombs at most parks. Very few are cheap homers aided by a short fence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back