Recruiting Football Talk VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
The good news for us smaller market fans is that it is pretty easy to screw up a franchise and more money usually means more egos and more ego usually means more screwed up.

If money was all that mattered Jerry Jones would have a dozen super bowls and the lakers would have won twice as many as they have.

My own panthers have never had more money pouring into them but for all the wrong reasons.

you gonna share?
Would love to.

Angling for a gig as a chef on one of @InVOLuntary's yachts. I know nothing about the other kind of angling. But I have the golden touch cooking seafood. Could swing by when you have one of your fabulous hauls. Or maybe 52. He's always fishing. This place is flat loaded with fishermen. I'm jealous of the fresh catches.

Orange doesn't see what is going to happen...I do.

We are going to have to win with less in football...the hardest sport to do it in. Going forward..we are going to have to hit on underrated players at a extremely high rate, and we can't afford any busts of the elite rated players we do get..and most of all, whenever we develop a elite player, we cannot let the rich scumbag vulture programs take them from us.

If it goes like I think it's going to go...I will probably check out of sports. Why follow sports when you never get a fair shot?...the only people that will be happy are the bandwagon fans of super rich teams.
To be fair, we are one of the richer teams.

There are only like 3-4 program that can throw more money around than we do without blowing their whole load.

And so...MLB is stolen from me, I will not follow it anymore because of those issues. I hope CBB isn't, but it looks to be headed that way.

Small-mid market teams that do succeed are ripped apart quickly thanks to the idiotic way MLB does things, which is THE reason they lost me...I hope the greedy players and owners all choke on their f'n money and MLB dies so MAYBE it can be reborn with a fair system.

You are a Dodger...so it doesn't bother you, they can keep whoever and sign whoever they want...surely you can see that much.

I know you and Beast33 love em and I believe you came by it honestly...but surely you can freaking admit the unfairness of the system...I'm not really mad at the Dodgers or Yankees...I just f'n hate the stupid system that allows them to do what they do.
It’s not true at all though…. When is the last time that a team has bought a championship…. The Dodgers won in 2020 but only had one guy that wasn’t home grown or rebuilt guys that had been cut by other organizations…. That was Mookie Betts and he was acquired via a trade.

The teams that you should be mad at is the poorly run clubs…. It is not that hard to compete/win no matter what market you are in… When the Dodgers were owned by Frank Mccourt…. We were bankrupt and couldn’t afford the parking lot that he financed… Don’t remember anyone crying for us. Go Dodgers…. VilLAins for Life!

Way too many teams with reasonable budgets have won the World Series for this doomsday outlook to hold serve. You develop your farm system and manage your talent well? You have a high chance of success. Mebbe one or two franchises that can pay the luxury tax and somehow they’re not even an annual participant. As a Braves fan I’m seeing a team crumbling due to losses of our most important position players and best pitcher. Last time that happened, we ended up with a trophy when the last firework went off. Hate to see you go, but baseball won’t miss you.
Yeah…. be mad at the teams that don’t make a good faith effort to compete.

Reactions: butchna
I bet Acuna regrets signing that hometown contract and Albies as well.

Acuna on the open market is worth $500million+, Albies could get at least $30 million a year.
Acuna isn't getting anything close to that with 2 ACL surgeries, and Ozzie isn't close to worth 30 million. I bet you think Strider regrets his too? The facts are, players make teams like LA and NY overpay because they know they will.
Also the players disagree with you.

I wonder why that strike killed so many people's love of baseball? Other sports have all had strikes but no similar phenomenon exists afaik.

Not picking on you JCP, my dad also feels this way and it's just something I've wondered for a while.
Funny this was the point in time where I went away from mlb as well. Braves fan and then I didn't care anymore. I couldnt tell you why they striked now without looking it up but I remember talking about it with my family as an eleven year old and how it was ridiculous someone paid so much wanted more.

I'm sure it was more complicated than that but those are my distinct memories.

Well..I just saw the Tony Vitello passionate post game speech again..so proud that he’s our coach because he really cares about his players and defends them..some coaches throw their players under the bus if they don’t perform perfectly but not him..He praises them after a big win and defends them after a stumble..He mentioned that he cried after a loss last year(assuming he was referring to the ND game)..It’s nice to hear that I’m not the only one that cries after a UT losing and getting so emotional..He’s down to earth and really feels like one of us..Hope he sticks around for a long time!🧡⚾🍊

Acuna isn't getting anything close to that with 2 ACL surgeries, and Ozzie isn't close to worth 30 million. I bet you think Strider regrets his too? The facts are, players make teams like LA and NY overpay because they know they will.
Also the players disagree with you.

That's good they should sign everyone they desire.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back