Recruiting Football Talk VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where's that Yankees hugger @85SugarVol needs to contribute to this discussion about Baseball..
In the era of Free Agency, most of the Yankees’ great players have been homegrown. Just to name a few -

Thurman Munson
Ron Guidry
Don Mattingly
Derek Jeter
Andy Pettite
Mariano Rivera
Aaron Judge

For every Reggie Jackson, there are multiple Giancarlo Stantons.

For every Gerrit Cole, you get half a dozen Kevin Browns or Carl Pavanos.

Payroll helps, but it won’t overcome organizational ineptitude.

Last edited:
How many WS have Pittsburgh and Tampa won??

Pittsburgh has won their division ZERO times in the last 30 years. They have finished last in their division 12 times in the past 30 years. Next to last 7 times. If I’m not mistaken they are currently in last place.

Tampa has faired better having been to the playoffs 5 years in a row before now. They are currently in last place. You don’t think if they had more money to spend, as well as they are run as an organization that maybe they could’ve gotten over the hump one of those 5 years?

To be clear, your assertion is that baseball’s system doesn’t put the small market teams at a disadvantage compared to the high revenue teams, right?
That is so sad….. Let me play the world’s smallest violin… I am not going to feel sorry for the Pirates bc they don’t care at all about winning baseball games. It may have helped the Rays or it could have made them worse. Teams with money tend to throw a lot of it at problems instead of making smart baseball moves…. prime example is the Mets…. My Dodgers can throw any amount of money around but their strength comes from their elite level scouting, minor leagues… Hitting and pitching lab.
giphy.gif

Reactions: knoxvol52
Well it looks like a new Vol is coming into the world....

Mrs Planet Volunteer is pregnant!
aba43656-5d82-43a4-a595-418173c73181_text.gif

Closet thing to a run was a 3 year span for the A's from 1988-90 with 3 consecutive World Series appearances oddly only winning 1.

The A's were made up from a lot of free agents that had signed through the years. Eckersley, Stewart, Welch , Storm Davis. Notable pitchers.

McGwire, Canseco, Weiss and Steinbach were only homegrown contributors.
Yanks maintained their nucleus from ‘96-‘09

11 Divisions
7 Pennants
5 World Series

I went
QB: Dobbs
RB: Kamara
WR: Justin Hunter

I know Heupel loves using 3+ running backs, but I think Kamara would eat all day long. I think he would have 1,400+ yards rushing in this offense.

No chance im picking Dobbs. Run it back with Hooker.
Donte Stallworth over Hunter

That is so sad….. Let me play the world’s smallest violin… I am not going to feel sorry for the Pirates bc they don’t care at all about winning baseball games. It may have helped the Rays or it could have made them worse. Teams with money tend to throw a lot of it at problems instead of making smart baseball moves…. prime example is the Mets…. My Dodgers can throw any amount of money around but their strength comes from their elite level scouting, minor leagues… Hitting and pitching lab.
View attachment 648391
I don’t think anybody is sad for said teams but there is flip side you mentioned the dodgers who only has 1 World Series title in the past 20 years. With their money that’s pathetic…actually that’s sad

Thanks for the recent prayers everyone. My grandfather was discharged today. On antibiotics for the pneumonia and E coli in his bloodstream. Unfortunately his demetia has also progressed quite a bit and they've started him on medication for that. While he was hospitalized my grandmother directed my parents to remove all the firearms from their house and go ahead and distribute them to whom they're willed for his and her safety.
Sending prayers

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back