Recruiting Football Talk VII

Status
Not open for further replies.

I went
QB: Dobbs
RB: Kamara
WR: Justin Hunter

I know Heupel loves using 3+ running backs, but I think Kamara would eat all day long. I think he would have 1,400+ yards rushing in this offense.

Peyton. The answer is always Peyton.

Peyton
Charlie Garner
Donte Stallworth

I hate DA fans that do stupid stunts...but dear lord it's not that serious.

Tasers can literally lead to death by causing/enhancing heart issues. Just a wild overreaction. He's not going anywhere...dude was doin effin flips. Get him down and give him 6 months of community service. No need to risk a major issue over DA antics.
IF they work, which they only do about half the time.

Last edited:
Reactions: knoxvol52
Crap. Terrible decision. We will be down 3-0 before we blink, and that’s all Arnold will need. I have a friend at church who is a big FSU fan and follows baseball closely. Said Arnold is best pitcher left in WS and has been pitching great the last 2 months, keeping ball down in the zone (unlike Beam who could be that good if he kept the ball down). We will do well to score 3-4 runs against him. Can’t give up a bunch of early runs.

He did mention about getting touched up some last start against UConn.
Will be saving this for later.

Reactions: OrangenSC
There are multiple with much more pressing needs right now, but could I get some prayers for my mom?

Our old family dog, Rocky, is going to be put down tomorrow morning —if he makes it through the night. We got him as a puppy shortly before my little brother was diagnosed with cancer, so he’s got an even closer placement to the heart than your normal furry friend. They’re going to bury him between my dad and brother.
🙏🙏🙏🧡🧡🧡

Happy Friday. So glad we made it.

June 14, 2024: Stop worrying and take action. There are solutions to your problems, but you have to decide the best course of action. Do not put off until tomorrow what you can do today. Be brave, be strong, and take the first step. Fear and laziness are your enemies. Just do what needs to be done. Psalm 9:9-10 The Lord also will be a refuge for the oppressed, a refuge in times of trouble. And those who know Your name will put their trust in You; for You, Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You

I've made a few now, but nothing great yet. Should have a decent one by the end of the weekend.

I reccomend trying it out if you wanna kill a minutes. Only takes about a minute & a 1/2 to make the video.
cant get it to download to my phone. oh well. appreciate the help, its a cool tool.

In the era of Free Agency, most of the Yankees’ great players have been homegrown. Just to name a few -

Thurman Munson
Ron Guidry
Don Mattingly
Derek Jeter
Andy Pettite
Mariano Rivera
Aaron Judge

For every Reggie Jackson, there are multiple Giancarlo Stantons.

For every Gerrit Cole, you get half a dozen Kevin Browns or Carl Pavanos.

Payroll helps, but it won’t overcome organizational ineptitude.
You are a reasonable poster, but to say most of them are home grown seems questionable. There are great home grown players on that list, for sure.

Also wasn't Stanton originally a Marlin?

I looked at 2 years. 1996 and 2009. In 1996, only two of your eight every day players were home grown, Jeter and Bernie Williams. For SP, you get Andy Pettitte and Ramiro Mendoza. Mendoza was tied for 5th in GS that year. Of course, you get the greatest closer of all time, Mariano Rivera.

2009 is a little better. You get Posada, Jeter and Melky Cabrera for starters and pitching, Pettitte, Joba Chamberlain and Rivera.

Very solid core especially with Jeter and Rivera, but not close to most of your great players.

I don’t think anybody is sad for said teams but there is flip side you mentioned the dodgers who only has 1 World Series title in the past 20 years. With their money that’s pathetic…actually that’s sad
Frank Mccourt was forced to sell the Dodgers in 2012 bc he couldn’t pay his bills. Since 2013…. They have won their division every year except one and that year they finished 1 game back after winning 106 games…. They have won more games than anyone in baseball and been to 3 world Series(winning one) They are the best run organization in all of baseball.

Winning the World Series is extremely difficult but they will eventually win another one as they will be in that position as long as this ownership group stays in control. The great Braves teams of the 90’s know exactly how hard it is to win it all. I am a very proud Dodger fan… Go Dodgers, and Vols!!! Let’s get us a college world series win!!!

Reactions: pismonque
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back