Recruiting Football Talk VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
IDK that it is. I’ve seen good cops be incredibly professional in the face of stupid behavior as well as behavior brought about by health crisis. Bad cops are the ones who overreact to stupid behavior because they either know no other way of dealing with situations beyond force or are themselves as dumb as the person they are interacting with.
Police are undertrained, over-militarized, and overworked, no question. This is not just interactions with police though, this is true for basically everything in life. If you put yourself in bad/dumb/dangerous situations, bad things resulting in bad outcomes are more likely to happen.

We have great hitters with great eyes. They just need to directional hit. Their power can aid in sac flys.
yeah, watching this game has me a little concerned with as many balls we put in the air, so getting some timely bloopers or ground ball hits will be important. also might see a bunt or two i think......
hate to say it, but conditions like this...really favors a team like UK that doesn't need to go long, and can pressure you with SBs and infield hits.

i'm not necessarily worried...i know we can beat any of the teams we play. just have to make some plays. and don't leave guys on....

Reactions: DD4ME and knoxvol52
Hate this stadium. Why play your National Championship in a place that's bigger than just about everyone's stadium, the ball doesn't carry and the wind blows in? Even if UT wins the whole thing, still hate this stadium.
It’s crazy how the balls are dying in this game. There were 2 very well hit balls that didn’t even make it to the track. Gonna need some line drives today.

IDK that it is. I’ve seen good cops be incredibly professional in the face of stupid behavior as well as behavior brought about by health crisis. Bad cops are the ones who overreact to stupid behavior because they either know no other way of dealing with situations beyond force or are themselves as dumb as the person they are interacting with.
Does the kind of cop you’re describing exist? Yes. Is it silly to assume that it’s not significantly safer to stay in the right side of the law? Also yes.

You can be doing nothing wrong at all and still get harassed by police or even killed. You don’t have to be doing something stupid to get shot, tased, pepper sprayed and/or harassed. You just need to be in the general vicinity and unlucky enough to encounter the wrong cop.
Lol so to be clear, your stance is that I am just as likely to get tased, pepper sprayed, or shot minding my own business, as I am if I’m acting a fool or breaking the law?

You need to get out more and turn off the main stream media.

Lol so to be clear, your stance is that I am just as likely to get tased, pepper sprayed, or shot minding my own business, as I am if I’m acting a fool or breaking the law?

You need to get out more and turn off the main stream media.
No my stance is that you can be doing nothing stupid or wrong and still have stuff happen to you. What you wrote is what you wrote.

👀 not bad for the 1st animation. Now we can make any still image do whatever we want. Crazy how fast this stuff is advancing. . . everything in the background is animated too.
View attachment 648224
That's wild. You're right, moving very quickly.

That BBL Drizzy song that's taken over the Summer...the original before Metro Boomin's version...was AI generated.

Quite a song too, the vocals sound legit:

Does the kind of cop you’re describing exist? Yes. Is it silly to assume that it’s not significantly safer to stay in the right side of the law? Also yes.
I agree but it’s also silly to think that just staying out of trouble and complying will protect you.

Reactions: Devo182
Still doesn’t scare me. The tasks the machines are completing are getting more impressive for sure, but at their core they’re still simply predicting the expected next word in a sequence.

It’s incredible technology for rapid prototyping and solving grunt work tasks at incredible scale, but there’s a limit do what you can do without totally changing the architecture.
Which assumes that they aren't doing exactly that in the lab.

Call it what you want, but a chat engine that can write a syntactically and logically correct Verilog implementation of an Ascon128 cypher doesn't sound like a chat engine to me. Or I asked it to implement a memcpy function in Verilog for Avalon FPGA fabric, which it cheerfully did in seconds. My initial guidance was too narrow, so I better defined the boundaries I wanted and it easily scaled it up to handle generalization and some edge conditions. Understand that I couldn't find an implementation that I wanted anywhere on the Internet. It didn't regurgitate something it had seen, it took the concept of a memcpy function implemented in a sequential instruction environment and knew how to implement it in a concurrent logic environment. Totally different beasts and something that very few developers have the ability to do without specialized training.

You can be doing nothing wrong at all and still get harassed by police or even killed. You don’t have to be doing something stupid to get shot, tased, pepper sprayed and/or harassed. You just need to be in the general vicinity and unlucky enough to encounter the wrong cop.
I’ll let you worry about encountering the wrong cop. While the rest of us sane people worry about encountering the wrong criminal.

No my stance is that you can be doing nothing stupid or wrong and still have stuff happen to you. What you wrote is what you wrote.
What I wrote is that it is infinitely safer to NOT be stupid, than it is to act a fool. You somehow disagreed, which should be astounding to me, but somehow it isn’t surprising.

giphy.gif
At least they tell the truth in the description. . . "you may not see this poisonous snake on the forest floor . . "

I agree but it’s also silly to think that just staying out of trouble and complying will protect you.
For the most part it will. Does it guarantee anything, nope.

Your point is equivalent to saying seatbelts aren’t safer because it’s still possible a car crash kills you. It doesn’t hold water.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back