Recruiting Football Talk VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can be doing nothing wrong at all and still get harassed by police or even killed. You don’t have to be doing something stupid to get shot, tased, pepper sprayed and/or harassed. You just need to be in the general vicinity and unlucky enough to encounter the wrong cop.
You don't have to be a bad driver to get t-boned and killed by another driver either. What is your point?

I’ll let you worry about encountering the wrong cop. While the rest of us sane people worry about encountering the wrong criminal.

Well since I’m more likely to run into a cop than a dangerous criminal on any given day that makes sense but I suggest you worry with both or not at all. I don’t worry about either in my day to day but that doesn’t mean I don’t think we need better police than we have.

We had a captain. Sailed to a new spot each day. There were several in the group to disburse the cost. The captain was literally a former keyboardist for Aerosmith and would play guitar and sing at night. It was a decade ago now though. Can't imagine the full prices now.
Was Tenille there?

oh great..now gonna be hearing that song in my head all evening.

Which assumes that they aren't doing exactly that in the lab.

Call it what you want, but a chat engine that can write a syntactically and logically correct Verilog implementation of an Ascon128 cypher doesn't sound like a chat engine to me. Or I asked it to implement a memcpy function in Verilog for Avalon FPGA fabric, which it cheerfully did in seconds. My initial guidance was too narrow, so I better defined the boundaries I wanted and it easily scaled it up to handle generalization and some edge conditions. Understand that I couldn't find an implementation that I wanted anywhere on the Internet. It didn't regurgitate something it had seen, it took the concept of a memcpy function implemented in a sequential instruction environment and knew how to implement it in a concurrent logic environment. Totally different beasts and something that very few developers have the ability to do without specialized training.
Oh I agree it’s crazy. I use it myself for things I’m shocked it can handle.

I’m amazed that it can seemingly make logical connections to ideas given the framework, but there is still a limit given that framework. To move beyond the progressive word prediction paradigm would require an enormous amount of data that’s also capable of serving an objective function significantly more complex than what exists in the NLP space. I suppose it’s possible, but I can’t fathom how that would be done anytime soon.

It would be freaking baller if someone texted or emailed UTAD or WIVK and got them to add #liftupSAS, to their program.

Someone start one of those internet campaigns, im in.
Email Danny White. . . doubt they ever actually read their emails though. . . best to tweet Danny White, you know he has people watching his twitter.

We had a captain. Sailed to a new spot each day. There were several in the group to disburse the cost. The captain was literally a former keyboardist for Aerosmith and would play guitar and sing at night. It was a decade ago now though. Can't imagine the full prices now.
That's cool!

We did a barebones. We were on the boat or 15 days. The only days we sat were when we were socked in because of rain. It was expensive but we went with another couple so we split it in half.

We can fix our police problems. We can’t fix random drivers. That said, we’re gonna get moved…
The initial point, which you have strayed very far from, is that if you are not breaking the law, doing stupid things, or generally in places that you shouldn't be the likelihood of a cop harassing you or harming you drops significantly. Maybe not to zero and people of different ancestories almost certainly experience this to different levels of actuality (don't know if that is grammared rightly) but the statement stands on it's merits regardless of how much you want to twist it.

Well since I’m more likely to run into a cop than a dangerous criminal on any given day that makes sense but I suggest you worry with both or not at all. I don’t worry about either in my day to day but that doesn’t mean I don’t think we need better police than we have.
Actually, you are not more likely to run into a dangerous cop than a dangerous criminal on any given day. Curious, are you actually a UT professor?

The initial point, which you have strayed very far from, is that if you are not breaking the law, doing stupid things, or generally in places that you shouldn't be the likelihood of a cop harassing you or harming you drops significantly. Maybe not to zero and people of different ancestories almost certainly experience this to different levels of actuality (don't know if that is grammared rightly) but the statement stands on it's merits regardless of how much you want to twist it.
Don’t bring facts here. The poster doesn’t like those

Reactions: LaagerVol
Yes! If a person gets injured or killed while they are doing something they shouldn't have been doing in the first place then tough stuff buttercup. Don't break the law and your risk of negative interaction with the authorities goes way down. Maybe not zero because cops aren't above critisism, but it is dramtically reduced. Our litigious society allowing stupidity like a burglar suing a homeowner for injury sustained while breaking into their home to steal their stuff is about the most stupid allowable lawsuit I can imagine.
You know that was fake news right? Is that what your whole "all minor offenses deserve the death penalty execution by the arresting police officer" philosophy is based on?

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back