Recruiting Football Talk VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
I tried to convince our group of friends to do a Bahamas trip last year. I found some affordable eco-lodge sites on remote islands. Each couple gets a hut with beach access on the island and there's a communal kitchen and chefs. Trails over the island and the ability to go kayaking, snorkeling, fishing, etc. They also coordinate picking you up from the airport and such.

The rest of the group wanted to go to one of the big fenced-in resorts on the main island and never leave. "But it has everything! A pool, shopping center, entertainment, etc!" I had to put my foot down and tell them I'm not going to the Bahamas to NOT see the Bahamas and I'm not spending that money to go to another country to sit by a pool and have the same experience I could have at any touristy Southern beach town.

It was whack. All that said, I want to go EXPERIENCE the Bahamas. But it won't be with them nor anytime soon now lol
What was the website that you found for the remote Bahamas vacation. Sounds very interesting.

Actually, you are not more likely to run into a dangerous cop than a dangerous criminal on any given day.
I don’t encounter criminals daily dangerous or otherwise. Violent crime is nonexistent where I live but I do see cops out and about.

Yes. Swam with the pigs and the sharks. Ended in Albany. Private chef and four staff. Was amazing.
Did you begin and end at Albany? What charter service did you use? We used Dream Yacht Charters which I would never, ever, ever (did I say never ever?), recommend. We originated out of Palm ay marina.

Reactions: VolsDoc81TX
That doesn't happen in America. Mericans would start a fight. lol
Yeah totally different level of respect there.

The subways in Japan are nearly dead silent and people mind their own business until the next stop, no matter how close they are to one another, they act like grown ups and deal with it.

Last edited:
Here is what the Dodgers do better than anyone… Gets lost in all the whining about money… I am hoping that they can work their magic with newly acquired Biggio as well. @knoxvol52 @UTSuave’
Weird, you surround someone with a ton of expensive talent and they look better than when they weren't surrounded by a ton of expensive talent...

Reactions: Volunteer821

So do a shot for $5 and also donate $ to Vol Club? What’s the challenge being launched exactly? Would be better if there was some additional incentive. Like silent investor match or online pledge to donate up to x if y amount of shots ordered. Or something similar so it’s like a matching thing. As it is they’re basically just saying hey if you’re wild enough to do a shot maybe you’re also wild enough to throw another $5 at us.

I’m for it, I just don’t see the incentive.

A poster who has been spot on with leaks out of OpenAI said first AGI will be released next year. This is 15-20 years ahead of early projections. It's already here.
To be fair there is a very wide scale of what researchers think would constitute commonly AGI.

Some have a light definition of "strong AI" and others give it such an absurd definition that they can easily say it will unlikely ever happen.

I guess the question is how strong this AGi in 1-2 years would actually be functionally.

Before the inevitable BVS and meltdowns occur, let's take time to consider the blessings this team of young men and our coaching staff have been,

50+ win season - again
SEC conference and tournament champs
Regional and Super Regional winners while deep sixing the ND disaster of '22 in the process
#1 ranking in the pollls for multiple weeks and #1 seeding in the CWS
Two to three players will likely be drafted in the MLB's first round
Exciting, fun, great representatives of UT and all Vol fans everywhere
Major renovations continuing on LNS to make it a premiere venue for college baseball

It is baseball. It is a weird game at times. Literally, we can expect anything good or bad to happen in any game they play the rest of the way. We know #1 seeds have rarely won it all. Regardless of the final outcome, we all know they are the team the #1 team for 2024 based on their body of work.

That said, win it all for Sweet.
Very well said, buddy!

Yeah totally different level of respect there.

The subways in Japanese are nearly dead silent and people mind their own business until the next stop, no matter how close they are to one another, they act like grown ups and deal with it.
Totally different from New York Subways.

Reactions: Devo182
The initial point, which you have strayed very far from, is that if you are not breaking the law, doing stupid things, or generally in places that you shouldn't be the likelihood of a cop harassing you or harming you drops significantly. Maybe not to zero and people of different ancestories almost certainly experience this to different levels of actuality (don't know if that is grammared rightly) but the statement stands on it's merits regardless of how much you want to twist it.
This.

To be fair there is a very wide scale of what researchers think would constitute commonly AGI.

Some have a light definition of "strong AI" and others give it such an absurd definition that they can easily say it will unlikely ever happen.

I guess the question is how strong this AGi in 1-2 years would actually be functionally.
Everyone should be evaluating their current employment to see if AI can do it even close to as well. If so, you should start looking for a different industry to work in.

Reactions: Devo182
The initial point, which you have strayed very far from, is that if you are not breaking the law, doing stupid things, or generally in places that you shouldn't be the likelihood of a cop harassing you or harming you drops significantly. Maybe not to zero and people of different ancestories almost certainly experience this to different levels of actuality (don't know if that is grammared rightly) but the statement stands on it's merits regardless of how much you want to twist it.
I’m not twisting anything. And I was about to agree and give you a like before the oddly aggressive comment.

Did you begin and end at Albany? What charter service did you use? We used Dream Yacht Charters which I would never, ever, ever (did I say never ever?), recommend. We originated out of Palm ay marina.
It was a friends boat. It’s called CurrentSea and is currently for sale. We flew private.

Attachments

• IMG_0409.jpeg
    IMG_0409.jpeg
    97.2 KB · Views: 20
You know that was fake news right? Is that what your whole "all minor offenses deserve the death penalty execution by the arresting police officer" philosophy is based on?

Yeah... That's what he was saying... Good grief.

Just saw on X someone saying the one player who would have rocked Heup's offense the most would have been Pig Howard... couldn't agree more... crazy the talent we had that was wasted with poor coaching/development overall... (yes Pig screwed himself, but his talent was insane and perfect for this O)

Who's a player from the past 10yrs or so that would have dominated on this team now? Can you even imagine Kamara in the backfield now with his ability to catch!?
I was going to say kamara. I also think dobbs would have put up hendo-like numbers. And I would have loved to see CP in it. It’s simple which fits him and I have no doubt Huep would find the matchups to unleash him. To think of him being even better than he was, is scary.

Yeah... That's what he was saying... Good grief.
No... He was saying that fake scenario proves our society is overly litigious and justifies his point of view.

Some of you just throw reason right out the window to try to win the argument. It's obvious that's not at all what he was saying.

I think you are right, and the end was always going to be the end. Only thing we can do about it is be ready spiritually.
Every generation thinks their time is special. The ancients across the globe did. The middle ages did. 1900. 2000. This, that. Not unqiue. Not sure why AI would cause the end of existence.

Given the billions * billions of stars, I'm guessing a god would have billions of other projects going. It may let us waste ourselves though, and go the way of the dinosaurs.

I mean, hell, we probably deserve to be wiped off god's whiteboard given our own destruction if its earthly creation 😆

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back