Recruiting Football Talk VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
No... He was saying that fake scenario proves our society is overly litigious and justifies his point of view.

Some of you just throw reason right out the window to try to win the argument. It's obvious that's not at all what he was saying.
Litigiousness is highly correlated to advanced societies. Mostly because there are actually protections in place, plenty of laws, and much of it is actually business related.

Reactions: UTProf and jave36
Still doesn’t scare me. The tasks the machines are completing are getting more impressive for sure, but at their core they’re still simply predicting the expected next word in a sequence.

It’s incredible technology for rapid prototyping and solving grunt work tasks at incredible scale, but there’s a limit do what you can do without totally changing the architecture.
Lest we not forget the luddites believed machinery would unemploy every able bodied man and child.

After all, if 99% of the population wasn't farming or manufacturing by hand, wth would we all do? 😆😏

Reactions: screenthis
Litigiousness is highly correlated to advanced societies. Mostly because there are actually protections in place, plenty of laws, and much of it is actually business related.
True. I actually agree with glitch that we're overly litigious and people don't take enough personal accountability....but I don't think that justifies police using too much force and I REALLY hate when people use that fake "burglar sues homeowner for hurting himself and wins" story as evidence.

I agree but it’s also silly to think that just staying out of trouble and complying will protect you.
There's reason good lawyers suggest you never say a single word to LEOs if being questioned.

You can be completely innocent and end up in jail for life. Many know this hard truth, sadly.

Reactions: UTProf
I was going to be a cop once. Made it through the academy. The guy who trained me on the 1st day was. . . different. We busted some kids selling weed and he just kept the weed & money and let them go. . He even smoked some of it while we were driving around and even tricked me into smoking PCP.
denzel-washington-training-day.gif

I was going to be a cop once. Made it through the academy. The guy who trained me on the 1st day was. . . different. We busted some kids selling weed and he just kept the weed & money and let them go. . He even smoked some of it while we were driving around and even tricked me into smoking PCP.
was that your training day?

Glad you decided against it.

Ethan hawk, that you?
1718402720994.gif

Edit... Devoed

Everyone should be evaluating their current employment to see if AI can do it even close to as well. If so, you should start looking for a different industry to work in.
To be fair, the question is also if enough people at your work know how to implement it properly.

My multinational company has just NOW rolled out data-protected Copilot, web version. Still testing for 365 and semantic indexing.

I'll probably be on the rollout if they choose to do so for a few selective folks, to see how effectively we could implement generative ai tools and build business use cases.

The fact is companies move forward MUCH slower than tech. Older companies especially love legacy tech, because they have people that deeply understand it from decades of work. Hell, we still use an ERP because of that...and because (at this point) it's free to use smh.

Honestly believe one of the better uses (efficiency for all and not cutting jobs) is using Copilot Studio to build query chatbots to answer questions. Instead of folks spending a dozen hours a month searching for info someone already has (data siloing issues) it could be there all in 1 place. We shall see.

Did yall see the video of the 85yo woman who was getting robbed at 2am and killed the guy robbing her?

He woke her up, pistol whipped her, handcuffed her to a stool, then went downstairs to go through her safes.

She dragged the chair to her bedroom and got her revolver from under the pillow. Then she dragged the stool back to the same spot and hid the gun under her leg I guess. She whacked him when he came back up stairs.

When she shot him, he didn't die right away. Instead, he unloaded on her, shooting her in the stomach 7 times. Every single bullet missed serious organs.

She waited til 10am to call 911, because she couldn't get to a phone. She waited for her disabled son to wake up and bring her the phone 👀.

The lady was on the olympic shooting team and owned a gun store in town 👀 👀.

Dumb criminal. . . turns out he didn't need $. He had just stopped taking his meds and flipped out.

Edit:

To be fair, the question is also if enough people at your work know how to implement it properly.

My multinational company has just NOW rolled out data-protected Copilot, web version. Still testing for 365 and semantic indexing.

I'll probably be on the rollout if they choose to do so for a few selective folks, to see how effectively we could implement generative ai tools and build business use cases.

The fact is companies move forward MUCH slower than tech. Older companies especially love legacy tech, because they have people that deeply understand it from decades of work. Hell, we still use an ERP because of that...and because (at this point) it's free to use smh.

Honestly believe one of the better uses (efficiency for all and not cutting jobs) is using Copilot Studio to build query chatbots to answer questions. Instead of folks spending a dozen hours a month searching for info someone already has (data siloing issues) it could be there all in 1 place. We shall see.
A lot of graphic designers beg to differ....

Reactions: Devo182
Did yall see the video of the 85yo woman who was getting robbed at 2am and killed the guy robbing her?

He woke her up, pistol whipped her, handcuffed her to a stool, then went downstairs to go through her safes.

She dragged the chair to her bedroom and got her revolver from under the pillow. Then she dragged the stool back to the same spot and hid the gun under her leg I guess. She whacked him when he come back up stairs.

When she shot him, he didn't die right away. Instead, he unloaded on her, shooting her in the stomach 7 times. Every single bullet missed serious organs.

She waited til 10am to call 911, because she couldn't get to a phone. She waited for her disabled son to wake up and bring her the phone 👀.

The lady was on the olympic shooting team and owned a gun store on town 👀 👀.

Dumb criminal. . . turns out he didn't need $. He had just stopped taking his meds and flipped out.
just wow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back