Recruiting Football Talk VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's inevitable. Surf the wave or get rekt by it.

FWIW, I have believed for 25 years that it is what ultimately brings about the Biblical end. Time has not changed that view. Humankind are building themselves a god. There will be a reckoning.
I am poor...I live week to week...I do well to get by...there will be no surfing for me, so I guess I am toast since everyone wants to push this insanity.

I am poor...I live week to week...I do well to get by...there will be no surfing for me, so I guess I am toast since everyone wants to push this insanity.
I wish I had a few $$s to put into a few of those companies. It's gonna be like google/yahoo, etc back around 2000.

If any of you have many $, put some in these companies and split the profit with me in 3-4 years, please. 😂

No... He was saying that fake scenario proves our society is overly litigious and justifies his point of view.

Some of you just throw reason right out the window to try to win the argument. It's obvious that's not at all what he was saying.
That’s gold lol. You accusing someone else of throwing reason out the window 😂

Hate this stadium. Why play your National Championship in a place that's bigger than just about everyone's stadium, the ball doesn't carry and the wind blows in? Even if UT wins the whole thing, still hate this stadium.
We are always going to struggle to win this thing because of that fact..it nearly totally negates our greatest strength.

Teams that get the best pitching the last few games and can manufacture runs the old fashioned way are always going to be hard to beat in Omaha.

I hate that place and I will never understand the logic behind it.

To be fair, the question is also if enough people at your work know how to implement it properly.

My multinational company has just NOW rolled out data-protected Copilot, web version. Still testing for 365 and semantic indexing.

I'll probably be on the rollout if they choose to do so for a few selective folks, to see how effectively we could implement generative ai tools and build business use cases.

The fact is companies move forward MUCH slower than tech. Older companies especially love legacy tech, because they have people that deeply understand it from decades of work. Hell, we still use an ERP because of that...and because (at this point) it's free to use smh.

Honestly believe one of the better uses (efficiency for all and not cutting jobs) is using Copilot Studio to build query chatbots to answer questions. Instead of folks spending a dozen hours a month searching for info someone already has (data siloing issues) it could be there all in 1 place. We shall see.
Yup. I work for a consulting company that implements GenAI applications for various customers. The best ones are human-in-the-loop solutions. Enablers, not replacers.

You can be doing nothing wrong at all and still get harassed by police or even killed. You don’t have to be doing something stupid to get shot, tased, pepper sprayed and/or harassed. You just need to be in the general vicinity and unlucky enough to encounter the wrong cop.
Ughh...🤬

Every generation thinks their time is special. The ancients across the globe did. The middle ages did. 1900. 2000. This, that. Not unqiue. Not sure why AI would cause the end of existence.

Given the billions * billions of stars, I'm guessing a god would have billions of other projects going. It may let us waste ourselves though, and go the way of the dinosaurs.

I mean, hell, we probably deserve to be wiped off god's whiteboard given our own destruction if its earthly creation 😆
When AI can give bad actors the capacity to do bad at a world threatening level (like designing a virus that selectively kills a race) then I think you are in unprecedented territory. Judging by how hard some try to keep others from acquiring certain weapons, it's clear that some don't share your view that it'll all work out.

Since you see cops so much, I can only imagine how many times you’ve been tased and killed by them….
Since we’re fantasizing what makes you think i haven’t been tased, shot, pepper sprayed and dumped in a culvert only for my ghost to haunt this web forum seeking morally perfect Americans who lack the ability to accept a modifier to generalized statements that presuppose good behavior is all that’s needed to keep you safe from harm?

Seriously this is what we’re doing?

We are always going to struggle to win this thing because of that fact..it nearly totally negates our greatest strength.

Teams that get the best pitching the last few games and can manufacture runs the old fashioned way are always going to be hard to beat in Omaha.

I hate that place and I will never understand the logic behind it.
And the center of the College Baseball world is the South. Plenty of good Minor League stadiums in nice sized places that could host, even on a rotating basis.

Which assumes that they aren't doing exactly that in the lab.

Call it what you want, but a chat engine that can write a syntactically and logically correct Verilog implementation of an Ascon128 cypher doesn't sound like a chat engine to me. Or I asked it to implement a memcpy function in Verilog for Avalon FPGA fabric, which it cheerfully did in seconds. My initial guidance was too narrow, so I better defined the boundaries I wanted and it easily scaled it up to handle generalization and some edge conditions. Understand that I couldn't find an implementation that I wanted anywhere on the Internet. It didn't regurgitate something it had seen, it took the concept of a memcpy function implemented in a sequential instruction environment and knew how to implement it in a concurrent logic environment. Totally different beasts and something that very few developers have the ability to do without specialized training.
Can you please type slower because I can’t flip through my dictionary fast enough to understand WTH you are saying? But it does sound interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back