Recruiting Football Talk VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
And I asked specifically why this kid with commit able offers from Bama and Georgia is only rated a 3 star by these so called experts that you and others swear by?

Yet, you wanted to be a smart a$$ while avoiding the question?

Don’t play dumb.
You can cut in the recruiting services all you want but you look dumb. Are they perfect? Not even close. Do they miss? You bet they do. But here is something neither you nor anyone else can refute. The teams with the most high 4 and 5* prospects win more at the highest level.

The whole “oh stars don’t matter” has been debunked. It’s funny. I bet you were extremely excited when we got Nico. A big time 5*? You get excited for the team when they sign highly rated players that teams like UGA, Bama and OSU were after right? Wonder why? It’s because of the same services you are dogging.

Reactions: Voluble2
You can cut in the recruiting services all you want but you look dumb. Are they perfect? Not even close. Do they miss? You bet they do. But here is something neither you nor anyone else can refute. The teams with the most high 4 and 5* prospects win more at the highest level.

The whole “oh stars don’t matter” has been debunked. It’s funny. I bet you were extremely excited when we got Nico. A big time 5*? You get excited for the team when they sign highly rated players that teams like UGA, Bama and OSU were after right? Wonder why? It’s because of the same services you are dogging.

I’m just glad you’ve moved on from “you can’t win a NC if you’re not pulling a top 2 class”.

The post above is much more vague and pretty much impossible to refute.

You’re learning.

You have to find players whom fit your system and a good cultural fit.

There’s been multiple highly ranked players passed over by other schools due to certain circumstances.

Sorry but you can’t sit there with a straight face and say, well he’s only a 3-2 star player according the recruiting services so he won’t be any good.

If that’s the case, then why should coaches even bother evaluating players if the recruiting services are doing it for them?

Vols and FSU have combined for 36 runs (18 each) in the CWS.

The rest of the field has combined for 38 runs.

Vols (2-0) - 18
FSU (1-1) - 18
TAMU (2-0) - 8
NCSU (0-2) - 8*
UF (1-1) - 7
UK (1-1) - 6
UVA (0-2) - 5*
UNC (1-1) - 4

Runs Allowed:
FSU (1-1) - 14
Vols (2-0) - 12
UVA (0-2) - 10*
NCSU (0-2) - 10*
UK (1-1) - 9
UNC (1-1) - 8
UF (1-1) - 7
TAMU (2-0) - 3
It'd be interesting to see earned runs vs all runs. The fielding and walks on Friday were an aberration as Sunday's game showed. Sure FSU puts more pressure on you defensively than UNC, but Friday's numbers were the ultimate outliers for the season. In a rematch, UT spotting them a "damn touchdown" as Coach V said, is highly unlikely.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back