Recruiting Football Talk VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know a lot of people liked the novel and the original series that was based on the book back in the day. I don't know about this new series. I heard a lot was changed.
It was ok. I personally liked the first one better. Just my opinion but the first one was more focused on the European character and this latest version the Japanese character.
The first version had better actors and was actually filmed in Japan.

Now do one on every other ******* great PITCHER ever...

Idiots say some stupid 💩 💩...but this is some of the stupidest 🦬💩 I've ever heard.
It was common knowledge that umps gave maddux/glavine 1-2 inches off the plate… I, personally don’t have an issue with it bc I feel like baseball players should use any advantage that they can get.. I have a feeling if Glavine/Maddux were pitchers for the Dodgers,Mets, Phillies that you would be arguing about those 🦬 💩 umpires.

The differences between a high 4 star and a mid 4 star may not be that great. Maybe one or two measurables are better but that does not mean that is a better player. Everyone can bow to the feet of the recruiting services all they want but I don't believe they are evaluators of talent at all.Are you trying to tell me the "adjustments " made due to camps or when there aren't even any camps are justification for drops or raises in their rankings.If you are you're a fool,the underwear olympics mean nothing in regards to what type of player they will be. Is it nice to see us ranked high in recruiting, sure but at the end of the day if we are ranked in the 20's and get the players our coaches wanted I'm ecstatic,but to each his own, you do you. Just don't act like the rest of us are idiots because you disagree, the truth is the recruiting services adjust their rankings based on the teams that they commit to more than their talent level as well as who forked out the most money for their camps.Not trying to convince anybody,but the argument is no different than religion everybody thinks their right but NOBODY KNOWS.
LOL….

the argument is no different than religion everybody thinks their right but NOBODY KNOWS.

-But-

If you are [advocate] you're a fool

Lordy, which is it? 😂

It was common knowledge that umps gave maddux/glavine 1-2 inches off the plate… I, personally don’t have an issue with it bc I feel like baseball players should use any advantage that they can get.. I have a feeling if Glavine/Maddux were pitchers for the Dodgers,Mets, Phillies that you would be arguing about those 🦬 💩 umpires.
Clayton has got squeezed plenty in his Hall of Fame career.

Reactions: volbeast33
Well technically Glavine did pitch for Mets.
Also believe Maddux pitched for Dodgers near the end of his career,

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back