Recruiting Football Talk VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
I misspoke earlier today..I said Tennessee was also the only program with four 20 HR guys...but that was wrong, we ARE the only ones with four this year.

That in no way takes away from the other part of what I said...the things this program is doing are not just unprecedented...they are insane.

I said earlier that we will probably not see anything like this again...but it wouldn't surprise me for Tony to go get some big boppers and have 6 next year.

DD and KTs improvement is insane...they should be THE selling point.
As long as Tony stays here for a long time…. I bet we see it again…It is how our hitters are taught to swing the bat…. i’m so glad we have a coach with this approach.

Just wait til next year when every player on the team has 20, 😂
I worry next year might see a bit of a drop because of all the talent we lose off of this team. If that happens, people need to be patient, because CTV will continue to build.

As is, we likely lose all but one starting infielder. We'll probably see two of our starting OF drafted, and possibly all 3. We lose Beam and Zander, and possibly Causey. Russell will be coming off of Tommy John. Kirby will be out of eligibility, but he's possibly joining the coaching staff. Not sure what other relief pitching we lose. So a LOT of new starters next season.

It was hell! Kept asking if it was over yet. 😬 Conversely, daughter watched it on VHS the first time at 4 and it became part of her rotation…up there with Disney Princess movies.
A girlfriend I had back in the day, her daddy went to see it whenever it came out, thinking it was a documentary about sharks. He was traumatized for the rest of his life...never did another scary movie, horror, suspense...anything that could lead to a potential heart attack. It ruined him. 😂

RIP Donald Sutherland. Too many great roles to single out only one.
Oddball Kellys Heroes GIF - Oddball Kellys Heroes Donald Sutherland GIFs

In fairness, he has a point. If that call goes for FSU, you could easily make the argument that they were set up to win the tournament.

If the finals go the way we hope, in retrospect after the CWS is over, that could easily be the most consequential call in both FSU and UT baseball history.

He has hit a crapton of hard line drive gappers for doubles...I think he changed his approach a little this year...and he has been an awesome hitter this year, especially with dudes in scoring position.
He did. In years past, Blake's approach at the plate was always hit it out of the park. Led to lots of SOs and missed opportunities. This year, he's shifted to taking what they give him and just try to put the ball in play. It's helped his average immensely.

It was a swing bc the barrell passed the front hip but here is my opinion on it.
View attachment 651076
I don't think it did...that one stupid angle makes it look like it...the other one they showed during the game yesterday made it look like it wasn't...either way it was close.

When did they change that anyway?...when I was growing up the barrel had to go past the 3rd or 1st base line, and that is why they always looked to 1st or 3rd base ump fir the call depending on whether it was a lefty or righty hitter in the box.

We are sooooo freaking close...just get this thing over the finish line guys...please don't screw this up..
I really hope we win it all. If they don't win it all, I don't think it will be because of lack of effort. May the baseball gods smile kindly upon us, lol.

I worry next year might see a bit of a drop because of all the talent we lose off of this team. If that happens, people need to be patient, because CTV will continue to build.

As is, we likely lose all but one starting infielder. We'll probably see two of our starting OF drafted, and possibly all 3. We lose Beam and Zander, and possibly Causey. Russell will be coming off of Tommy John. Kirby will be out of eligibility, but he's possibly joining the coaching staff. Not sure what other relief pitching we lose. So a LOT of new starters next season.
Yeah...I believe there will be inevitable drop off...it feels like we are losing the whole dang team...I hope we get some good transfers to go along with the good young'uns that will be stepping up next year.

In fairness, he has a point. If that call goes for FSU, you could easily make the argument that they were set up to win the tournament.

If the finals go the way we hope, in retrospect after the CWS is over, that could easily be the most consequential call in both FSU and UT baseball history.
I...DON'T...CARE...nobody ever gave a 💩 and felt bad for us.

I really hope we win it all. If they don't win it all, I don't think it will be because of lack of effort. May the baseball gods smile kindly upon us, lol.
If we don't...That's just baseball.

We would slaughter A&M in a best of 100...I think we would win 65-70...but here, they only have to win two.

It wasn't a swing......................

But can you imagine VN if the rolls were reversed?????
Every world series I've ever watched has had check swings, in big moments, that could have gone either way. I don't recall any real controversy about any of them. I think I can honestly say if the roles were reversed, I wouldn't be saying anything about it.

We said the same thing after ‘22…in Tony I trust!

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back