Recruiting Football Talk VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
They have to realize how stupid they look, right?? Right?????
Honestly Im Not Sure GIF - Honestly Im Not Sure Not Really Sure GIFs

Every world series I've ever watched has had check swings, in big moments, that could have gone either way. I don't recall any real controversy about any of them. I think I can honestly say if the roles were reversed, I wouldn't be saying anything about it.
Same......but most others? umph.......

Reactions: TheRain
I worry next year might see a bit of a drop because of all the talent we lose off of this team. If that happens, people need to be patient, because CTV will continue to build.

As is, we likely lose all but one starting infielder. We'll probably see two of our starting OF drafted, and possibly all 3. We lose Beam and Zander, and possibly Causey. Russell will be coming off of Tommy John. Kirby will be out of eligibility, but he's possibly joining the coaching staff. Not sure what other relief pitching we lose. So a LOT of new starters next season.
Russell won't throw a pitch next season. Recovery is 13 ish months for a big leaguer. Unless he was eligible for the brace procedure then it's 9.

I'm a big, "if it ain't broke, don't try to fix it" person, go with what got you to the dance; BUT...I'm not far from being convinced with throwing Beam Saturday, Zander Sunday.

Again, I don't like tinkering with things that are running on all cylinders; but...

Then again, maybe I just answered my own question. Keep going the way that's gotten us here.
Would be a tough ask of Zander to pitch on Sunday on 3 days rest. Even Monday on 4 days isn’t ideal, but better for him to be fully effective.

To give that guy some credit. At least his grand conspiracy is that the ump just didn't want to end the game on that call. Not that the CWS headquarters is geographically too close to Knoxville 🤭🤭
In reality, I saw the ump in the last game not call some clear strikes on FSU. I believe the ump just didn't want to make the 'consequential' call.

Not a Laker fan, but Reddick was coached by a whiner, he had whiney moments and he inherits one of the all time whiners, So I guess he'll fit,
You're clearly not a Laker fan 😅 . I'm not thrilled with the move. Then again, I haven't been thrilled with many moves over the last 5 or more years. They've dumped a lot of talent. It would be nice to have a more 'seasoned' coach.

Reactions: VOLSONLY
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back