Recruiting Football Talk VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
I went to Furman football camp in Greeneville. Met Allen Iverson's cousin. . . or so he claimed.

There was a QB for Dobbins-Bennett back around 1995 (at the Furman camp too). He was really good. I thought he was gonna be some big 6'4 230lb guy. He was tiny, 😂. 5'10 160lbs maybe. He was so dang fast though. Didn't one of yall go to DB in the mid-90s? Do you remember the QB's name?
I had a close friend that was probably there. He played for Furman and he was class of 94 high school. He was an o lineman out of Brentwood Academy.

Reactions: Enki_Amenra
Cool story

I love these stories. They need to get as many of these recollections and interviews from as many of these living men as possible. While baseball isn't my favorite sport the stories this sport generates and the characters are gold. Future generations need to know.

Probably been discussed and I just don't remember, but UT should have a small bluegrass pep band that plays Rocky Top (and other stuff) at baseball games rather than playing a recording.

Made up of students selected by audition, and they wear UT gear and not any corny Darling Family looking costumes or anything like that. Maybe include a vocalist, not sure... or maybe have notable guest vocalists sit in here and there.

Could be a fun addition. Or, for all I know, maybe it's already been a thing and I don't remember that either. I'm like all old or something.

Probably been discussed and I just don't remember, but UT should have a small bluegrass pep band that plays Rocky Top (and other stuff) at baseball games rather than playing a recording.

Made up of students selected by audition, and they wear UT gear and not any corny Darling Family looking costumes or anything like that. Maybe include a vocalist, not sure... or maybe have notable guest vocalists sit in here and there.

Could be a fun addition. Or, for all I know, maybe it's already been a thing and I don't remember that either. I'm like all old or something.
Sounds awesome. Tweet it at Danny white and Tony vitello.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back