Recruiting Football Talk VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
What! I eat chipotle a lot. Bowl, brown rice, black beans, double steak. Hits those macros pretty well when on the road. The problem? $18 for that lol
Costs me 10 ish bucks to eat there. I get water ( do that everywhere) and don’t do the double meat. Brown rice, chicken, pintos (double) lettuce and cheese. Hot salsa.

Reactions: VOLSONLY

Thanks for posting. Saw this as it happened. It was very emotional. I hope Reggie healed a bit from telling his story and glad he shared. I hope more people wake up to the hurt it causes when denigrating anybody regardless of the differences. We are all important to humanity, God made us who we are for good reasons. Let's do better together. Also - Sweet would want it that way. 🙏 for her.

Chipotle sucks. Moe’s beats it hands down.

At least the Chipotle closest to me this is the case, although I've not had Moe's in awhile.

My go-to is Dos Bros. Not that it's the best option, but it's the best option that's close by. I'll eat all of them, for me Salsarita's is the lowest on the list. Love their chips, but the actual food is pretty plain.

My god, dude, no one is trying to "argue" with you...was just conversing, even agreeing on a couple of your points. You know what that is, right? Conversation? Shooting the sh!t? Cuttin' it up? Chewin' the fat? Do we always have to gnaw on the same gristle, for you to not consider every back and forth an argument?
You going off like this is exactly what I was trying to avoid. I was trying to communicate the fact that I wasn't in a pissy mood about it...I was just conversating.

@drvenner View attachment 651194
View attachment 651195
View attachment 651196

View attachment 651198
Went to Playoffs next year, won a game.

Then, two years later, they realigned the Big 7 division which was so great, then Coach Mac was selling real estate.

In 99, went 0-10. Football hasnt been a priority since. County schools have benefitted and built their programs up.
Thank you. I am still puzzled that with all the athletes they've had, why they haven't been better in football. Coaching plays a huge role, obviously.

Reactions: VOLSONLY
Thank you. I am still puzzled that with all the athletes they've had, why they haven't been better in football. Coaching plays a huge role, obviously.
Well, that's just it. Mid nineties, even as late as 1998, we had really good athletes. JoVann Johnson could hit his head on rim, and that's who was playing Lber. Shane, and Rob Williams and Nookie Bailey, guys grew up playing together.

Same for soccer, cross country, baseball.

Its exactly what happened to UT during the downturn. Academics want that only. Band nerds want only band. Sports might as well not exist. Money went to Jonesborough, Gray, Greeneville, and Betsy Town. Greeneville and Betsy have both won State Titles.

Now Providence is up and coming. Guess who their bball coach is? George Pitts.

Well, that's just it. Mid nineties, even as late as 1998, we had really good athletes. JoVann Johnson could hit his head on rim, and that's who was playing Lber. Shane, and Rob Williams and Nookie Bailey, guys grew up playing together.

Same for soccer, cross country, baseball.

Its exactly what happened to UT during the downturn. Academics want that only. Band nerds want only band. Sports might as well not exist. Money went to Jonesborough, Gray, Greeneville, and Betsy Town. Greeneville and Betsy have both won State Titles.

Now Providence is up and coming. Guess who their bball coach is? George Pitts.
If Pitts is coaching, they're going to win a lot.

So...we are scoring 9.2 RPG this year...does anybody know how many we scored per game in 22?

I am pretty sure we scored at a higher clip in 22..and as you say we lost a few innings due to run ruling...but I don't think it was enough to make up the difference.

Look I don't want to get in an argument about it...I love both teams, but 22 was just an insane CBB team...and by the numbers it was one of the best, if not the best ever.

That they didn't win the title makes absolutely no difference to that fact.

22 team had .308 average, 2283 at bats, 613 runs, 704 hits, 156 doubles, 23 triples, 158 HRs, 574 RBIs, 388 walks
24 team has .311 average, 2357 at bats, 642 runs, 732 hits, 155 doubles, 9 triples, 178 HRs, 594 RBIs, 371 walks

22 team was at 9.3 RPG, 24 team is at 9.2 RPG with at least 2 games left to play. Biggest difference to me between 22 and 24 and part of the per game runs being higher is walks and steals, 22 was better at getting runners into scoring positions.

22 team stole 84 bases on 108 attempts while the 24 team has 49 on 66 attempts.

Another big difference and I think no one can argue, that 22 pitching staff was just ridiculous.

22 pitching gave up 2.51 ERA with 428 hits 192 runs and 695 strike outs
24 pitching gives up 3.87 ERA with 535 hits 286 runs and 663 strike outs

Yeah...crazy to think 2022 and 2024 are this close talent/production wise.

Here's the fielding numbers of note for both.
Catches: 2409
Errors: 49
Field %: .980
Double Plays: 34

Catches: 2422
Errors: 56
Field %: .977
Double Plays: 41

So really 22 pitching and Seth Stephenson base running is the biggest difference between the two seasons. But if the 2024 wins the Natty then they'll be the greatest team, end of the day when all things are close to equal you look at who won more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back