Recruiting Football Talk VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Probably been discussed and I just don't remember, but UT should have a small bluegrass pep band that plays Rocky Top (and other stuff) at baseball games rather than playing a recording.

Made up of students selected by audition, and they wear UT gear and not any corny Darling Family looking costumes or anything like that. Maybe include a vocalist, not sure... or maybe have notable guest vocalists sit in here and there.

Could be a fun addition. Or, for all I know, maybe it's already been a thing and I don't remember that either. I'm like all old or something.

No more bands

Probably been discussed and I just don't remember, but UT should have a small bluegrass pep band that plays Rocky Top (and other stuff) at baseball games rather than playing a recording.

Made up of students selected by audition, and they wear UT gear and not any corny Darling Family looking costumes or anything like that. Maybe include a vocalist, not sure... or maybe have notable guest vocalists sit in here and there.

Could be a fun addition. Or, for all I know, maybe it's already been a thing and I don't remember that either. I'm like all old or something.
Not likely to happen because of expense.

But you could add some music to the festivities. I haven't been to Lindsey Nelson in a long time. I have health problems that make crowds a big problem, so I just try to avoid them. To get to my point, I'm not sure what they do now. At the seventh inning stretch, do they do anything like sing "Take Me Out to the Ballgame"? Why not sing Rocky Top with the crowd then? Or even after the games, have the team sing the Alma Mater with the crowd?

If you had no allegiance to any baseball team and you saw this highlight, you’d have to be like “ok yeah, I f*** with this team”. Incredible stuff.

I saw tonight where Ensley was asked about his and Tears' catches, and he said that we back up our pitchers. All balls that don't go over the wall are supposed to be outs. 😤

What a strange time to announce....
I just looked it up. The portal for baseball opened on June 3 but it doesn't close until July 2.

He is not in Omaha on the 27-man roster or as one of the extras that dress out and are in the dugout but are not eligible to play. If he were likely going to be a factor next year, it is Tony's way to want to have those guys in the dugout (even when they're not on the active roster) in order to get a feel for Omaha. To me, that makes it likely either that he was not foreseen to be a contributor next year or that he had already decided to leave and Tony had been made aware of that in advance. He is playing in one of those summer leagues right now. I am not inclined to worry about it.

Last edited:
Happy Friday.
This was a long week for me. Praying for all of.you who may be struggling with something.

June 21, 2024: Just like David and Goliath, your breakthrough is going to be huge. You are inching closer every day. Trust Me to direct every step so that you will achieve your goal and step into a new level of reality. You will look back on this time as epic, says the Lord. Samuel 17:45-46a Then David said to the Philistine, You come to me with a sword, with a spear, and with a javelin. But I come to you in the name of the Lord of hosts, the God of the armies of Israel, whom you have defied. This day the Lord will deliver you into my hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back