Recruiting Football Talk VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont know why it doesnt have better reviews. Top to bottom, service (waiter didnt take notes), always notice that. Steak was cooked perfectly, and win paired well.

It was a bit pricey, but made company foot bill😬
Dined at the Frisco location every December for my wife’s office Christmas party. Her boss mandated we order a minimum of $4000…only happy to oblige. One of her co-workers was from Clinton and we repped UT with some ribbing cuz of the program’s fortunes. Boss’s daughter ended up a UT freshman and Mr. Personality attended that epic Bama game…wearing a plain white polo shirt. 😒

I went to Furman football camp in Greeneville. Met Allen Iverson's cousin. . . or so he claimed.

There was a QB for Dobbins-Bennett back around 1995 (at the Furman camp too). He was really good. I thought he was gonna be some big 6'4 230lb guy. He was tiny, 😂. 5'10 160lbs maybe. He was so dang fast though. Didn't one of yall go to DB in the mid-90s? Do you remember the QB's name?
1718981891308.png

My guess would be Antuan Smith 6' 160lbs in the 1995 Media guide for DB...and he's one of the best QBs to come out of DB from the 90s.

Yeah, that's West Knox to me.

Anything from Hills Shopping center on out. . . really anything from West Knox News on out. . .
That's fair. It's west of West Hills/West Town Mall. To me, West Knoxville is more the Farragut area. Cedar Bluff is just Knoxville. Then you have Downtown, the Old City, North Knoxville, and South Knoxville. Also, I forgot about that Best Buy. 😉

Reactions: Enki_Amenra
Their enterfielder catches Tears bomb to start the 9th and we wouldn’t be listening to their crying.
Yep.. they had two chances at making a legendary catch in that inning...on KTs shot and DDs both...we ran those shots down and they didn't....period.

We are better...that is all.

22 team had .308 average, 2283 at bats, 613 runs, 704 hits, 156 doubles, 23 triples, 158 HRs, 574 RBIs, 388 walks
24 team has .311 average, 2357 at bats, 642 runs, 732 hits, 155 doubles, 9 triples, 178 HRs, 594 RBIs, 371 walks

22 team was at 9.3 RPG, 24 team is at 9.2 RPG with at least 2 games left to play. Biggest difference to me between 22 and 24 and part of the per game runs being higher is walks and steals, 22 was better at getting runners into scoring positions.

22 team stole 84 bases on 108 attempts while the 24 team has 49 on 66 attempts.

Another big difference and I think no one can argue, that 22 pitching staff was just ridiculous.

22 pitching gave up 2.51 ERA with 428 hits 192 runs and 695 strike outs
24 pitching gives up 3.87 ERA with 535 hits 286 runs and 663 strike outs
Great info...I didn't even think about the stolen bases, 40ish more guys in scoring position is a lot, but the HR difference is like 30ish so that kind of cancels out each other..

It is pretty much a wash on offense...the big difference is pitching and it is a HUGE difference.

That team was just a Brute.

Great info...I didn't even think about the stolen bases, 40ish more guys in scoring position is a lot, but the HR difference is like 30ish so that kind of cancels out each other..

It is pretty much a wash on offense...the big difference is pitching and it is a HUGE difference.

That team was just a Brute.

Yep, pitching was the big difference

2022: 613 runs vs 192 runs (9.3 vs 2.9)
2024: 642 runs vs 286 runs (9.2 vs 4.1)

Reactions: Ulysees E. McGill
It is better if he misses the whole season…. If he comes back…. It will be in very limited action and not worth the risk.
I am sure the coaches and the doctors will not let him endanger his future for limited action. I have not seen any sign that our coaches are willing to over use or misuse a pitcher's arm like some other programs in recent memory.

Did we not carry on that Gilbert celebration from the 22 team?

The egg over face / baseball gods / no meaning at all one?

I thought we had, but I haven’t seen it in postseason play outside of the softball team

Reactions: Enki_Amenra
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back