Recruiting Football Talk VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am sure the coaches and the doctors will not let him endanger his future for limited action. I have not seen any sign that our coaches are willing to over use or misuse a pitcher's arm like some other programs in recent memory.
I know…. The Dodgers have had several TJ surgeries the past few years…. Most have come back in the 8th month time frame…. pitched in the minors for little bit…. maybe make a start or two before being shut down again…. Its a very serious surgery and I feel that he would be better off rehabbing the arm and coming back at full strength the following season.

Holy smoke. Do you not like eating? Petro's is a Knoxville gem, that Orange tea is so unique and amazing Cookout is by far the best food per dollar out there. Wingstop is easily the best chain wing place out there. Everything at Bojangles is solid. And all those places except Wingstop are pretty cheap! Where I live, I don't have any of those places anymore except Wingstop 30 minutes away. Starving people in Arkansas would love to have those places nearby, and there you are ignoring them and eating who knows what instead. Shame on you.
Just do not go to the Bojangles near Powell High School

Yep.. they had two chances at making a legendary catch in that inning...on KTs shot and DDs both...we ran those shots down and they didn't....period.

We are better...that is all.
Also, their catcher hangs on to the ball at homeplate when (Ensley?) scored early in the game. So, quit you're crying. No game is lost because of just "one play".

Last edited:
8 months is February. Give him a month of mid week games and he should be good for SEC play
Not to mention he's probably going to try and get a RS for this year (only had 6 appearances). And he'll be draft eligible after next year.

Assuming he wants a shot to play pro ball I don't think he'll sit out another year. He hasn't got enough appearances to get drafted.

If you can work him back into a regular weekend rotation by April/May that's more than half the season left to show his stuff for the draft.

I know…. The Dodgers have had several TJ surgeries the past few years…. Most have come back in the 8th month time frame…. pitched in the minors for little bit…. maybe make a start or two before being shut down again…. Its a very serious surgery and I feel that he would be better off rehabbing the arm and coming back at full strength the following season.
My son had TJ surgery as a sophomore in high school. His was done by Dr. Andrews at UAB. He followed rehab to the letter and was able to play ss and pitch in a showcase at the 9 month mark. Completely healed.

I will let the coaches know that you are not comfortable with him pitching necks season when they come over to my house for dinner necks week after the CWS is over.

My son had TJ surgery as a sophomore in high school. His was done by Dr. Andrews at UAB. He followed rehab to the letter and was able to play ss and pitch in a showcase at the 9 month mark. Completely healed.
I am sorry, but @volbeast33 would feel better if your son took a full season off before pitching again. He is clearly the expert on TJ surgery and we should yield to his superior knowledge on the subject. TIA.

All tj surgeries are not created equal. Sometimes they're just doing very minor repairs or maintenance, and the recovery time is quicker. Same with all ortho surgeries, there's a broad spectrum of severity and the recovery times correspond to where that particular person falls on it.

What makes you think it’s close? Which of our pitchers do you see having the most trouble?
Baseball can be funny. TAMU is a really good team. You are kind of acting like they are nothing. And let’s not act like our pitchers haven’t given up big hits. Also, don’t forget our errors on defense. I just think this series is CV gonna be closer than we all want.

All tj surgeries are not created equal. Sometimes they're just doing very minor repairs or maintenance, and the recovery time is quicker. Same with all ortho surgeries, there's a broad spectrum of severity and the recovery times correspond to where that particular person falls on it.
To a certain extent you're right. My son tore the ligament completely. He was part of a new thought, though, that Dr. Andrews had decided had a better outcome. Instead of immobilizing the arm for a long period of time, they cranked it down fairly quickly and had him start using the arm - it seemed fast - I'd have to go back and look - and rehab throwing (softly) at about six months. From there he was able to get to full speed in a couple of months. He tore it playing travel ball (he caught, played short and pitched) during the summer. He had surgery in September and was at the showcase the following June. He did play some during his sophomore jv season but no pitching.

Last edited:
June 11, 1938
Johnny Vander Meer took the mound on June 11, 1938 at Cincinnati's Crosley Field to face the mediocre Boston Bees (later the Braves) in a day game. Boston had a team batting average of .245, the worst in the league. Only 5,814 souls were in the seats at Crosley that day, although you can bet that in the days to come, 10 times that many would claim to have been there.

It was, of course, no-hitter No. 1. Vander Meer walked three and struck out four in a workman-like performance.

Vander Meer's teammates hoisted him on their shoulders and carried him off the field to the cheers of the sparse crowd.

Four days later, the Reds found themselves in Ebbets Field in Brooklyn, to play the first night game in Dodgers' history.

1718988892260.png

Last edited:
June 11, 1990
Nolan Ryan took the hill at Oakland-Alameda Coliseum coming off a loss against Oakland on June 6, one in which Ryan threw just five innings and gave up five runs.

Pitching late, on the west coast, and against the defending World Champion A’s for the second time in five days, Ryan entertained the locals with his best game of the season.

He threw nine innings, striking out 14 and walking two while throwing 130 pitches. In the 9th inning, Ryan faced Ken Phelps, Rickey Henderson, and Willie Randolph. When Randolph softly flied out to right field, Ryan had his record 6th No-Hitter in a 5-0 win.

1718989484166.png

Baseball can be funny. TAMU is a really good team. You are kind of acting like they are nothing. And let’s not act like our pitchers haven’t given up big hits. Also, don’t forget our errors on defense. I just think this series is CV gonna be closer than we all want.
I never said they were a bad team. Just stated that with their big bats are out or hindered. That makes this matchup not as close as it would have been. If they were fully healthy.
That being said top to bottom, I don’t see them being better than fsu

At least the Chipotle closest to me this is the case, although I've not had Moe's in awhile.

My go-to is Dos Bros. Not that it's the best option, but it's the best option that's close by. I'll eat all of them, for me Salsarita's is the lowest on the list. Love their chips, but the actual food is pretty plain.
Moes has gone seriously downhill. Used to be good

Last edited:
Reactions: Smokey X and DD4ME
Facts.

Only 4 guys were north of 3.0 ERA that year...

Your 3 main starters lead the team in strike outs with Ben Joyce and Will Mabrey rounding out the top 5 coming in to close games out. People also completely forget about how good Blade Tidwell and Camden Sewell were too.

22 pitching will likely never been seen again imo.
Also, the 4 guys on that pitching staff that were drafted that year...6 pitchers went in last year's draft (a program record; however, not all of them were on that '22 staff, yet at least a couple were); and, Beam will be drafted this year, along with Chase Burns. ALL of THAT...on one pitching staff. Embarrassment of riches, indeed.

As if right now, I believe the '22 team was better/more talented than this year's team, with the pitching pushing them ahead; yet...these boys go on and win it all, they put the conversation to bed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back