Recruiting Football Talk VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
cool.

I think being called the most disparaging word in English language is a bit more than just him being a spark plug.

While I dont think we need to make it bigger than it is. I sure as **** dont think we devalue someone's trauma by saying 'oh ya know what, he's just a lightning rod.' Because not too far behind that is 'well, he probably had it coming.'

Say what you want too about racism in today's lens. But in 60's-70's, it was intentional, it was angry, and was systemic. No one can take that away from him.
Yes...it was bad...I thank God that my parents, though they were raised in the Jim Crow south, taught me that racial discrimination was abhorent, and that we are all God's children.

Dad says it's because he grew friendships with several black guys when he was in the Air Force in the early 60s.

One of my Dad's heroes is MLKjr...I won't ever forget him taking me to the Lincoln Memorial when I was 9 and showing me the spot where MLK gave his "I have a Dream speech"...my Dad stood there in tears, I did not understand why then, but I learned why later.

I guess part of the issue is that I don't get a lot of fast food when I'm near my house - more when traveling. When we're home and want something quick, our go-to's tend to be Fuji (amazing local hibachi) or Buddy's BBQ. Thanks for the suggestions. Of the 3, a Culver's burger might be my first try.
Culvers is good. Good burgers, good fries.
Edit:except for chicken fingers and ice cream, everything else I tried was disappointing.

Reactions: Kristy*
Also, the 4 guys on that pitching staff that were drafted that year...6 pitchers went in last year's draft (a program record; however, not all of them were on that '22 staff, yet at least a couple were); and, Beam will be drafted this year, along with Chase Burns. ALL of THAT...on one pitching staff. Embarrassment of riches, indeed.

As if right now, I believe the '22 team was better/more talented than this year's team, with the pitching pushing them ahead; yet...these boys go on and win it all, they put the conversation to bed.

I think '24 is the better batting team. .311 team average, 5 guys with 75 or more hits, 5 guys with 20 or more HRs that '22 team had .308 team average, only 3 guys with 75 or more hits and only 1 guy with 20 HRs.

But with pitching, with fielding, and with base running added into the mix '22 will always be in the "most talented" discussion even if this year's squad wins a Natty. Most talented doesn't always yield best results.

To me though "best team" requires winning. So with 2 wins '24 is the best baseball team in school history. Just like an Elite Eight and SEC championship has made Barnes '23 team a better team than Grant's last season 31-6 is great, but no SEC title and just a Sweet Sixteen appearance but 5 NBA players on that roster so they'll always be in the "most talented" discussion...potentially ahead of DK's squad.

Antuan was a Freshman back in ‘95

Lol @Enki_Amenra let’s see if we can’t narrow this down a bit - was the guy you saw black or white?

He was a sophomore (Grade 10), that picture is the 1995 guide. I thought he said "around 95" and since the player claimed to be AI's cousin I eliminated the white QBs already.

Antuan Smith went by the nickname "Waldo" maybe that'll help?

Reactions: Enki_Amenra
He was a sophomore (Grade 10), that picture is the 1995 guide. I thought he said "around 95" and since the player claimed to be AI's cousin I eliminated the white QBs already.

Antuan Smith went by the nickname "Waldo" maybe that'll help?
He was a Freshman in ‘95. Same as Brad & Josh that you also highlighted. Maybe a timing thing.

Antuan started for the JV team. Brad started on the Freshman team.

I thought AI’s cousin, and the QB were 2 different people? That’s how I read it.

He was a Freshman in ‘95. Same as Brad & Josh that you also highlighted. Maybe a timing thing.

Antuan started for the JV team. Brad started on the Freshman team.

I thought AI’s cousin, and the QB were 2 different people? That’s how I read it.

Nope, you're wrong on this one. Grade Level 10 is for sure Sophomore because all the Seniors are Grade Level 12 in the same guide.

Also you can attend college camps without being upperclassmen so not sure his grade level would even matter.

Reactions: Enki_Amenra
Nope, you're wrong on this one. Grade Level 10 is for sure Sophomore because all the Seniors are Grade Level 12 in the same guide.

Also you can attend college camps without being upperclassmen so not sure his grade level would even matter.
I realize grade level 10 is sophomore in that guide. Whatever it is, and whatever time frame it is referencing. It must be timing.

I’m telling you that Antuan, Josh, & Brad were at DB from ‘95-‘98 - they were all freshman back in ‘95.

His grade level doesn’t matter for camps.

Was simply pointing out that Antuan played with the JV his freshman year, and Brad started for the Freshman team.

I wish I could refind the tweet, but the offenses we faced to get here and they faced are night and day. Ours was like top 30 and theirs was much lower.

They led first against us in the SEC tourney because they batted first. We won 7-4. They are grasping at straws. We will win the SEC for the 3rd time this year just because we have to do it.

I realize grade level 10 is sophomore in that guide. Whatever it is, and whatever time frame it is referencing. It must be timing.

I’m telling you that Antuan, Josh, & Brad were at DB from ‘95-‘98 - they were all freshman back in ‘95.

His grade level doesn’t matter for camps.

Was simply pointing out that Antuan played with the JV his freshman year, and Brad started for the Freshman team.
DB 95 guide.PNG

No dates other than 1995 at the top of the page...

Doesn't matter though, I'd assume of the names listed Antuan Smith was most likely to be at a Furman Camp showing off his speed in the mid 90s.

Last edited:
That's fair. It's west of West Hills/West Town Mall. To me, West Knoxville is more the Farragut area. Cedar Bluff is just Knoxville. Then you have Downtown, the Old City, North Knoxville, and South Knoxville. Also, I forgot about that Best Buy. 😉
To be honest, I never knew there was another Beat Buy out there, 😂

Reactions: Kristy*
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back