Recruiting Football Talk VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
He was a sophomore (Grade 10), that picture is the 1995 guide. I thought he said "around 95" and since the player claimed to be AI's cousin I eliminated the white QBs already.

Antuan Smith went by the nickname "Waldo" maybe that'll help?
I can't remember exactly. I remember they had a really good RB or WR that overshadowed him, but he was still pretty good.

I can't remember exactly. I remember they had a really good RB or WR that overshadowed him, but he was still pretty good.

Fun fact, Teddy Gaines also from DB and also in the same year/class as Antuan was a hell of an elite WR he played for the Vols and was on the 1998 Natty team as a DB here. So there's a good chance that it was Gaines showing out at Furman that camp.

View attachment 651377

No dates other than 1995 at the top of the page...

Doesn't matter though, I'd assume of the names listed Antuan Smith was most likely to be at a Furman Camp showing off his speed in the mid 90s.
Could be Antuan. I have no idea who he saw.
But Antuan was at DB from 1995-1998. He graduated in 1998. He Sr season was 1998. He would not have considered himself a sophomore back in ‘95 - none of us did.

That guide must be counting the ‘95-‘96 season as 1995

Fun fact, Teddy Gaines also from DB and also in the same year/class as Antuan was a hell of an elite WR he played for the Vols and was on the 1998 Natty team as a DB here. So there's a good chance that it was Gaines showing out at Furman that camp.
Ryan Wagner was faster than Antuan. But yes, Teddy could fly.

He was also a freshman back in ‘95 😆

Black guy. It would've been the summer of '96.

That may have been him. He would've graduated between '97-'98 a guess. Anyway, no big deal, I just remember him claiming to be Iverson's cousin.
I have no idea if he’s Iverson’s cousin lol. I never once heard that (that I remember).

I know for a fact he was Fred’s little brother 😀

He may have been the guy who overshadowed him. He had a WR at the camp with him. I didn't talk to them much, just ate with them a couple times. It could've been him. The WR was a ridiculous athlete too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back