Recruiting Football Talk VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
For those of us "dating" sports, baseball is the most fickle and cunning of all women. The fact is that Tennessee ( and not just UT) is winning in everything right now and all those looking down their noses at us forever can suck it.
My nephew plays on a travel ball team, who's coach is Will - a former TN player.

Man, their schedule is nuts. 95° heat, feelin' the heat from the rubber field. Crazy, these dudes get after it. Non stop.

UCONN use to run a similar system to us… changed it to a european style which has players open all the time… all he really changed recruiting wise was that he wanted everyone being able to pass the ball…. Copy is and let’s go get a basketball championship as well.
UConn has talent...it's not just system...it ain't the only freaking system that works.

Something like this?

C: Transfer or Peebles
1st: Transfer
2nd: Transfer or Incoming Freshman
3rd: Curley
SS: Transfer or Antigua
LF: Transfer
C: Ensley (I think he comes back)
RF: Transfer

Starters: Russell
Bullpen: Snead, Causey, Combs, Loy, Behnke

If TV can get Seibert, Kuhns, Krenzel, and Strickland here, that will be huge for pitching. All those guys throw mid 90s

If he can get Levi Clark here then I’d start him at catcher next year.
That’s a lot of transfers. Something tells me we have more starters on the roster already. Also, best recruiting class yet coming in.

I think what was missing lats year was multiple scorers. Getting multiple guys open is great, but you still have to shoot the ball. Uconn could score on multiple levels, at any time. Traffic or no. Credit where its due.
We had guys getting open and missing shots all freaking year..

Glorious feeling in the airport this morning sporting my power UT dark mode polo parading in front of all the gumps and MSST necks having to take it all in and realize/digest we aren't going anywhere and are truly an everything school. Caught one MSST neck shaking his head... shake all you want, didn't see you in Omaha...

We had guys getting open and missing shots all freaking year..
Hence my point. You hope these new guys are upgrades. Are they CT level?

I think the big and Lanier are huge upgrades. One of SG's will need to step up behind Lanier. Desperately need a mid range or 3 shooter.

We'll win games. Man, had Santi not hit a career slump, what coulda been.

Hence my point. You hope these new guys are upgrades. Are they CT level?

I think the big and Lanier are huge upgrades. One of SG's will need to step up behind Lanier. Desperately need a mid range or 3 shooter.

We'll win games. Man, had Santi not hit a career slump, what coulda been.
Vescovi never adapted to his role I truly believe. Plus losing a family member before season seems to really shook him.

I personally think once you hit HS, then you should be required to use a wooden bat.

Best way to get someone ready for the highest level. Best way to judge someone’s actual hitting skills.
I don't give a runny 💩 about pro baseball...I love College Baseball now...so leave it the heck alone...it is exciting as heck....leave it alone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back