2nd: Transfer or Incoming Freshman
3rd: Curley
SS: Transfer or Antigua
LF: Transfer
C: Ensley (I think he comes back)
RF: Transfer

Starters: Russell
Bullpen: Snead, Causey, Combs, Loy, Behnke

If TV can get Seibert, Kuhns, Krenzel, and Strickland here, that will be huge for pitching. All those guys throw mid 90s

If he can get Levi Clark here then I’d start him at catcher next year.

I don't expect 5 or 6 transfers... Tony V has some very good talent we've yet to even see really.

Returning Players (Class next year):
C - Taylor (RS-SR), Peebles (JR), Lawless (SO)
INF - Robin Villeneuve (will be a SR), Antigua (SO), Perry (SR), Lohry (SR), Curley (SO), Grimmer (SO), High (SO), Bates (SO) - I'd say Antigua and Curley are safe to pencil in starting, Villeneuve or Grimmer could be the guy at 1B may see a SS transfer
OF - It won't happen BUT everyone could return...I think with how Dreiling played in the Finals he has put himself in a great spot to be drafted high enough to leave. Tears also I expect to leave. Ensley would be a RS-SR if he returned. Chapman (JR), Backus (RS-SR), and Sharp (SO) should all be back but if we lose Dreiling and Tears I think we'll try to add a transfer too, unless we have some incoming FR that can flat out play
DH/UTL - Bargo (JR) will be back not sure if he will be an option defensively though

Arms:
Starters - Causey (SR), Russell (JR), Loy (SO) - That's the 3 I believe have the ability to do it, obviously AJ's injury could push him out of starting until late in the year if at all and who knows if Causey will get past the "coming out of the pen" mindset or not
Bullpen - Behnke (JR), Payne (SO), Dallas (SO), Snead (JR), Garcia (JR), Combs (RS-SR), Robertson (RS-SO), Hunley (RS-SO), Schaefer (SO), Phillips (JR)

So I think 3 or 4 transfers are likely to contribute, someone that can play 2B and/or SS, a good hitting OF, a starting arm or two.

I don't expect 5 or 6 transfers... Tony V has some very good talent we've yet to even see really.

Returning Players (Class next year):
C - Taylor (RS-SR), Peebles (JR), Lawless (SO)
INF - Robin Villeneuve (will be a SR), Antigua (SO), Perry (SR), Lohry (SR), Curley (SO), Grimmer (SO), High (SO), Bates (SO) - I'd say Antigua and Curley are safe to pencil in starting, Villeneuve or Grimmer could be the guy at 1B may see a SS transfer
OF - It won't happen BUT everyone could return...I think with how Dreiling played in the Finals he has put himself in a great spot to be drafted high enough to leave. Tears also I expect to leave. Ensley would be a RS-SR if he returned. Chapman (JR), Backus (RS-SR), and Sharp (SO) should all be back but if we lose Dreiling and Tears I think we'll try to add a transfer too, unless we have some incoming FR that can flat out play
DH/UTL - Bargo (JR) will be back not sure if he will be an option defensively though

Arms:
Starters - Causey (SR), Russell (JR), Loy (SO) - That's the 3 I believe have the ability to do it, obviously AJ's injury could push him out of starting until late in the year if at all and who knows if Causey will get past the "coming out of the pen" mindset or not
Bullpen - Behnke (JR), Payne (SO), Dallas (SO), Snead (JR), Garcia (JR), Combs (RS-SR), Robertson (RS-SO), Hunley (RS-SO), Schaefer (SO), Phillips (JR)

So I think 3 or 4 transfers are likely to contribute, someone that can play 2B and/or SS, a good hitting OF, a starting arm or two.
Matthew Dallas hit portal a week ago. Wyatt Evans been gone just committed to South Carolina.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back