Recruiting Football Talk VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Winning is contagious.
And the success carries over. Is there an athletic department that is more in tune and supportive of each other?

All of these guys love what they're doing and who they're doing it with. Great time to be a vol.

Remember how bleak things were for so many years? It's always darkest before the dawn.

Last edited:
I’d give my unborn child for this lineup next year

C: Clark (HS) or Peebles
1st: Gavin Kash (Texas Tech)
2nd: Antigua or Southsiene / Abernathy (HS)
3rd: Curley
SS: Gavin Kilen (Louisville)
LF: Any breathing human
CF: Ensley
RF: Chapman or Transfer

You’ll definitely see a lot of guys coming in to play.

None of those guys he listed have not shown me anything personally. At least 85% of those guys won’t be starting

Yeah, you're a portal hoe though Trippie... we all know that ;)

Honestly not sure really, we have a lot of guys that could decide to try their luck and leave. Wouldn't blame them, having this sort of season and ending with a natty you're likely not going to improve draft stock much more...

If I'm going off confidence these are the only guys I'd say as of today will be starters to open the season next year

C - Peebles
INF - Antigua (2B/SS)
INF - Curley (3B)
OF - Hunter (if back) & Chapman

So of the 8 fielding spots I'd say at least 4 starters are on the roster right now... of course draft and portal can change all that in a heartbeat.

I’d give my unborn child for this lineup next year

C: Clark (HS) or Peebles
1st: Gavin Kash (Texas Tech)
2nd: Antigua or Southsiene / Abernathy (HS)
3rd: Curley
SS: Gavin Kilen (Louisville)
LF: Any breathing human
CF: Ensley
RF: Chapman or Transfer
Peebles not at catcher?
Believe Antigua takes over SS if Kilen goes somewhere else.
Need at least a Friday night starting Pitcher from portal .

I think Loy is Sunday Starter next season but when portal closes everything will fall into place. I'm really interested to see Manny Ramirez's son and hope he has his dad's hitting ability.

Peebles not at catcher?
Believe Antigua takes over SS if Kilen goes somewhere else.
Need at least a Friday night starting Pitcher from portal .

I think Loy is Sunday Starter next season but when portal closes everything will fall into place. I'm really interested to see Manny Ramirez's son and hope he has his dad's hitting ability.
Levi Clark is a monster.

But I put Peebles there just in case.

Reactions: knoxvol52
And the success carries over. Is there an athletic department that is more in tune and supportive of each other?

All of these guys love what they're doing and who they're doing it with. Great time to be a vol.

Remember how bleak things were for do many years? It's always darkest before the dawn.
I'm not sure I've seen a championship game where the men's coaches of the other two major sports showed up just to show support.

I wonder how much of a focus has been on that, conspicuously presenting a united front within the AD? It was well known how fractured it was for years so it was a brilliant move, if so tbh. I have zero doubt all the love beyween the 3 coaches is genuine but still.

Yeah I haven't even looked at the incoming talent... there's a real good chance that some some studs will be coming in to play immediately.

Vols 2023 class was ranked 4th with 20 commits, Dallas was the only top 100 rated guy.
Vols 2024 class is ranked 1st with 24 commits, 9 are top 100 rated guys (4 of which are top 50)

Anson Seibert (RHP)
Levi Clark (C)
Ty Southisene (SS)
Kuhns (RHP)
Abernath (SS)
Snyder (SS)
Krenzel (RHP)
Marin (SS)
Walker (OF)

Newstrom (SS) is ranked 115th... so it looks like the coaches have recruited trying to find a SS heavily with this class (7 total) as well as OF (5 total) and pitching (9 total)...

Talent will be good again, but far less experienced with the right portal additions we might be in the mix for an Omaha trip

Yeah I haven't even looked at the incoming talent... there's a real good chance that some some studs will be coming in to play immediately.

Vols 2023 class was ranked 4th with 20 commits, Dallas was the only top 100 rated guy.
Vols 2024 class is ranked 1st with 24 commits, 9 are top 100 rated guys (4 of which are top 50)

Anson Seibert (RHP)
Levi Clark (C)
Ty Southisene (SS)
Kuhns (RHP)
Abernath (SS)
Snyder (SS)
Krenzel (RHP)
Marin (SS)
Walker (OF)

Newstrom (SS) is ranked 115th... so it looks like the coaches have recruited trying to find a SS heavily with this class (7 total) as well as OF (5 total) and pitching (9 total)...

Talent will be good again, but far less experienced with the right portal additions we might be in the mix for an Omaha trip
Seibert prob ain’t making it to campus :/

Levi is 50/50 but he’s my starter if he makes it in.

Southsiene and Abernathy are the future at middle infield

Kuhns, Krenzel, and Strickland will be very vital next year. They all throw mid 90s

Very excited for this class.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back