Recruiting Football Talk VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
No wonder the Kent kid had such a ****ty game when it mattered, everytime they cut to Jeff Kent, he looked he'd rather be literally anywhere else or had his nose buried in his phone.

Really made the line about "Dad not being the emotional one like his mom" land lol
They cut to him once smiling and clapping after his son missed a strike 2.

Devious

Call it sour grapes, but against FSU all we heard about was FSU. Against A&M all we heard about was Kent.

I've yet to watch a Vols championship game on the main stage where ESPN gave any real storyline to the Vols at all. Usually with Barnes it's always spun back to backhanded compliments about how he's NEVER won a championship or how he's trying to reach JUST his second Final Four.

Annoying.

Call it sour grapes, but against FSU all we heard about was FSU. Against A&M all we heard about was Kent.

I've yet to watch a Vols championship game on the main stage where ESPN gave any real storyline to the Vols at all. Usually with Barnes it's always spun back to backhanded compliments about how he's NEVER won a championship or how he's trying to reach JUST his second Final Four.

Annoying.
Idk, typically I agree with this but Chris Burke was absolutely doing everything he could to heap praise on the Vols in every sentence lol. The other dude had to try and steer him away from his non-stop Tennessee praise a couple of times.

I'm not sure I've seen a championship game where the men's coaches of the other two major sports showed up just to show support.

I wonder how much of a focus has been on that, conspicuously presenting a united front within the AD? It was well known how fractured it was for years so it was a brilliant move, if so tbh. I have zero doubt all the love beyween the 3 coaches is genuine but still.
Athletes see that...... And it crosses over into all sports. Notice that one of the big things you hear from recruits after visits is the family atmosphere, and team culture. These coaches aren't taking anything away from each other, they are all in for each other...... They get it! So do the players!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back