Recruiting Football Talk VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
dm me when we can actually have fun again, officer

By all means, feel free to keep busting the ginger's chops or going in on your disdain for the term "Natty."

Singling out someone that's expressing their grief about a respected member of the forum that felt like family to most is beneath you.

Actually couldn't sleep until sometime after 4:10..and had to get up and go at 515 to take a guy to BFE Kentucky...I'm actually in Knoxville at Parkside West right now waiting on this guy from East Knoxville to get done with PT at Orthopedics...and I'm COOKED..😮‍💨 he is supposed to be done at 3:30, so gotta take him home and head back to Kensucky...driving home today is going to be an adventure.

I need somebody here to really piss me off..lol..
That shouldn't take long. Probably already happened by the time I post this.

By all means, feel free to keep busting the ginger's chops or going in on your disdain for the term "Natty."

Singling out someone that's expressing their grief about a respected member of the forum that felt like family to most is beneath you.
You must be unfamiliar with @bignewt. Nothing is beneath him. He is the VN sand worm.

Well guys I just got word that @SweetasSoda passed away today at 12:59 pm. Please keep her family in your prayers in the coming days. 😭
Truly heartbreaking news.

In our strange little cyberworld, I felt like I knew her. You can tell so much about a person in how they write, especially in this thread. We all give our opinions on a variety of topics. Soda was as Sweet as her name but always willing to stand up for what she believed.

Talking about her in past tense is very sad and seems just wrong. This will stick with me for a while.

The only time I felt bad for Kent was when the announcers said in game 1 that the kid himself said his dad was never satisfied. A single should be a double, etc. That was his response to national reporters and on the biggest moment in his life. I hate that for him. I know I push my kids to do their best, but man I would hate for them to say that nothing they did was good enough.
At first I read that as you felt bad for Jeff Kent. He seems like a miserable person

Reactions: Ulysees E. McGill
Well guys I just got word that @SweetasSoda passed away today at 12:59 pm. Please keep her family in your prayers in the coming days. 😭
So sad sending prayers for her and the family thru these tuff times and u know she was watching us win that championship with a smile on her face...Shame we lost a good soul and the world's a little less bright with the loss of @SweetasSoda..

When I was going thru som3 ruff times a few years back,we had some private conversations that really really helped me get thru some trying times...Kinda hard to digest that she is no longer with us and her enthusiasm and shining light will forever be missed but not forgotten on Volnation....

Just awful.. I know myself and several others on here would be interested in sending a card or flowers if you are able to get that information.
Terrible news. We are all going to miss her sweet soul. @VOLSONLY Does her family need anything other than prayers? Can we help in any way (i.e. take a collection for them)?

I logged on to the forum to celebrate the Supers with everyone when I first saw your updates on @SweetasSoda. I've been checking back often, hoping for positive updates. Truly a sad day. Prayers for all her loved ones. She will be missed by many.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back