Recruiting Football Talk VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
So sad sending prayers for her and the family thru these tuff times and u know she was watching us win that championship with a smile on her face...Shame we lost a good soul and the world's a little less bright with the loss of @SweetasSoda..

When I was going thru som3 ruff times a few years back,we had some private conversations that really really helped me get thru some trying times...Kinda hard to digest that she is no longer with us and her enthusiasm and shining light will forever be missed but not forgotten on Volnation....
Well said......

I don't know why you have to keep pushing this. Rick Barnes is a Hall of Fame coach. Basketball is different in a one game scenario. He took an awful situation and took us as far as the university has ever been. He's also in a different time in his life than Vitello. Also, the state of TN has great baseball. Basketball is a different animal. They are both great for our school, and Rick Barnes deserves everything he gets for what he's done.
I think it would be cool to do a three game series for the final 2 teams in the NCAA tournament.

Last edited:
are you suggesting that there aren't Vol fans in heaven? how does that work? are there going to be people doing the gator chomp up there? if so, pass.
You don't have an ounce of respect for anyone else on this forum. To nitpick over such pointless stuff, and to do so when people are expressing grief for the loss of @SweetasSoda, shows a huge lack of character. I used to think folks were a little hard on you because you could be a little brash, but you're just an inconsiderate a-hole.

Well guys I just got word that @SweetasSoda passed away today at 12:59 pm. Please keep her family in your prayers in the coming days. 😭
I'm sick. I have no words. Dear heavenly Father, bless her and her family. We don't understand why things like this happen but those that believe know it's something that we'll eventually understand.

Absolutely gutted.

I will pray for the peace that only God can provide for her family and those that knew her personally.

I am comforted by the fact contained within the faith she declared that I will one day see her face to face. Jesus Christ says this is not the end.

VolNation, I love you all. She was arguably the best of us on here. I implore you, in her honor and memory, to be more like @SweetasSoda in how we treat each other even in disagreements. Life is too to short for vitriol.

@VOLSONLY thank you for keeping us informed.
Yes Sir 👊

Don’t know why people keep saying this. If you want to win championships you have to recruit at least top 5 every year. Unless of course you want to cheat like Michigan or hope to be an anomaly like Clemson.
Again, no you don't. There are 4 teams that have won it all without consistent Top 5, vs 6 that have. that is hardly some wild crazy lottery type winning percentage.

expanding on this:

of the total 40 playoff teams:

Only 16 (3 unique teams) teams have had at least a Top 5 class in 3 of the 4 years before they were in the playoffs.
20 of the playoff teams have had 0 Top 5 classes and made the playoffs, 8 unique teams.

4 of the years that was only 1 consistent Top 5 in the playoffs. inversely only once has there only been 1 non-Top 5 in the playoffs.

Bama has been left out 2 twice despite ALWAYS having a Top 5 class.
Clemson is the second most frequent team in the playoffs, despite only having 1 Top 5 class in their 6 appearances.
Ohio State is the next most consistent in the Top recruiting classes, being in there 3 of 4 over any period, and they have been left out 5 times, that is half of the times. they have made the third most appearances.
Oklahoma has been 4 times, never had a Top 5 class when in the playoffs. third most trips.
Georgia has been in the Top 5 for 8 years, but only been to the playoffs twice during that run. three total trips.
Michigan is tied with Georgia for the number of appearances, and never had a Top 5 class when in the playoffs.

It is not at all a requirement to have consistent, if any, Top 5 classes.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back