Recruiting Football Talk VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Scam senses are tingling, they legit photoshopped the logo from a different hat onto their hat.
They have a instagram with tons of followers.

It’s legit.

I know the picture is photoshopped but they didn’t have a picture ready at the time. It’s one of this situations where a company from Omaha is like “oh damn we could make money off this”

Seems like a start up company. It’s actually very smart they could it every year for the teams in Omaha and make a fortune

IMG_1052.jpeg

Is it?

He’s mentioned Bama and OSU because they had the odd year outside the top 5. They’re probably 2 of the 3 best examples of consistent top 5 recruiting.

Clemson and OU had comparatively cupcake conference schedules that we won’t ever have the benefit of. And Michigan, they are around 10th I believe in average class over the last decade or so. And they were stealing signals, so there’s that.

We prob don’t NEED consistent top 5s to win, but it sure as hell helps. Especially considering our path always runs through about half a dozen consistent top 10 recruiting teams. Where we are now, 8-10 every year seems not only doable but likely, and it’s not nega or a criticism of the staff to say it’s a goal we should have. We are already headed there it seems.
I don’t necessarily disagree with you. The path is much easier with consistent top 5 recruiting classes. But great evaluation, great development, great coaching can mitigate that. I WANT us to sign the number one class every year. More than that, I want us to sign everyone the coaches want and feel fits the program the best, every year.

I think the disconnect is when you have people (usually trolls, overly negative, or irrational) jumping up and down crying that recruiting isn’t good enough, expecting a program that’s been in the dumpster for almost 20 years to immediately start signing the same type classes uga signs every year or it’s unacceptable. That’s so nonsensical and delusional. Georgia, OSU, bama still, those teams haven’t gone anywhere and have been winning championships. Why would we expect to jump them immediately in recruiting? On what grounds? Because we want it?

We will get there. We are getting there. We are showing the improvements and development of an elite staff. We won big 2 years ago with a make-shift roster and a few stars. We will win big moving forward, imo, THEN we will start recruiting at the most elite level, or at least the level necessary for this staff to win at a championship level.

This isn’t aimed at you, unless you are one of the irrational fans who believe what i just mentioned.

To be honest, I feel really bad for A&M fans. This is the biggest stab in the back imaginable. Hearts ripped out last night and the final dagger today.
Their boys played their hearts out, even with ghey cheerleaders behind them
They don't deserve this

He is not solid, not at all. His descriptions of plays are so, so bad.

"Deep pass complete for a 3 yard gain!"

"Pass complete to........................Hyatt on the right side." How far Bob? Did we get a first down?

Doesn't mention the score or down and distance nearly enough. Doesn't mention the formation hardly at all. He's objectively bad at the fundamentals of sports radio. Forget the subjective stuff like how exciting he is or not, he's subpar at his job and there are many, many out there who would be/would have been better.
You do realize Ward also constantly got the details wrong?

I don’t necessarily disagree with you. The path is much easier with consistent top 5 recruiting classes. But great evaluation, great development, great coaching can mitigate that. I WANT us to sign the number one class every year. More than that, I want us to sign everyone the coaches want and feel fits the program the best, every year.

I think the disconnect is when you have people (usually trolls, overly negative, or irrational) jumping up and down crying that recruiting isn’t good enough, expecting a program that’s been in the dumpster for almost 20 years to immediately start signing the same type classes uga signs every year or it’s unacceptable. That’s so nonsensical and delusional. Georgia, OSU, bama still, those teams haven’t gone anywhere and have been winning championships. Why would we expect to jump them immediately in recruiting? On what grounds? Because we want it?

We will get there. We are getting there. We are showing the improvements and development of an elite staff. We won big 2 years ago with a make-shift roster and a few stars. We will win big moving forward, imo, THEN we will start recruiting at the most elite level, or at least the level necessary for this staff to win at a championship level.

This isn’t aimed at you, unless you are one of the irrational fans who believe what i just mentioned.
I agree with everything you said, but I think those type of fans are much more rare than some here let on.

Reactions: Smokey19rt
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back