Recruiting Football Talk VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Been away for a while.... what's up with the pitchcom issue?
Their dude slid into our guy and our pitchcom got stuck to his arm equipment. We asked the refs to ask A&M and they lied. There is a photo of the com stuck to their player, and you can clearly see our team start to use hand signals in game 1 because they had our device and lied about it.

Karma sucks, and served SausageBagel the L.

Last edited:
Woof, though I can think of a few more terrible recent performances. JG against UF when he missed that wide open WR(forget who it was) for a TD. Whoever was guarding Amari Cooper in Neyland when Kiffin was coordinator. Dayne Davis against Iowa.

Who was the DB Purdue kept picking on in the bowl game? Probably the worst performance you'll ever see from a DB.

My favorite part from the A&M fan meltdown over their coach leaving, is the number of them insinuating that we only won the title because he didn’t care & made decisions to throw the game(s) in our favor.
Which is total 🦬💩...he threw his ace in the hole...and we kicked his Assendback to Texas.

I worked with a woman who was a manager for one of the big hotels right off Henley street. They will always raise prices for gameday weekends. No way around it.

Not sure what “near campus” means, but I live 15 minutes away from campus and that’s pretty close to me. Plenty of hotels in the area that should be more reasonable.

Or try Airbnb
My wife was GM at a hotel in Clearwater before we moved here...they do that everywhere.

It is totally based on supply and demand.

Doesn't really make sense. A&M surely could match the money, clearly he can win there. Why leave?
Trev Alberts...this is still a dick move by Texas and Shlozdangle..but there is a lot more to this I think. It will be interesting to watch Maggie fans start connecting the dots once they calm down..

Trev Alberts...this is still a dick move by Texas and Shlozdangle..but there is a lot more to this I think. It will be interesting to watch Maggie fans start connecting the dots once they calm down..
Well a poster in Baseball Forum stated that Alberts fired a couple of Schloss assistant coaches and there was friction between the AD and Schloss. Supposedly got that info off Aggies message board.

Is diabolical Meemaw's way of saying snake in the grass low class pos?
His character never changed. I mean the guy wants success, same as most of us. He’s not an alum as far as I know so he really has no vested interest in loyalty. Texas A&M offered him a better opportunity than TCU. New AD doesn’t sound like he wanted to invest as much into baseball as the coach wanted. Texas came in and capitalized on that. You got a career driven guy that you snaked off another program; now they’re pissy bc Texas did the same thing to them.

Again, no you don't. There are 4 teams that have won it all without consistent Top 5, vs 6 that have. that is hardly some wild crazy lottery type winning percentage.

expanding on this:

of the total 40 playoff teams:

Only 16 (3 unique teams) teams have had at least a Top 5 class in 3 of the 4 years before they were in the playoffs.
20 of the playoff teams have had 0 Top 5 classes and made the playoffs, 8 unique teams.

4 of the years that was only 1 consistent Top 5 in the playoffs. inversely only once has there only been 1 non-Top 5 in the playoffs.

Bama has been left out 2 twice despite ALWAYS having a Top 5 class.
Clemson is the second most frequent team in the playoffs, despite only having 1 Top 5 class in their 6 appearances.
Ohio State is the next most consistent in the Top recruiting classes, being in there 3 of 4 over any period, and they have been left out 5 times, that is half of the times. they have made the third most appearances.
Oklahoma has been 4 times, never had a Top 5 class when in the playoffs. third most trips.
Georgia has been in the Top 5 for 8 years, but only been to the playoffs twice during that run. three total trips.
Michigan is tied with Georgia for the number of appearances, and never had a Top 5 class when in the playoffs.

It is not at all a requirement to have consistent, if any, Top 5 classes.
I said win national titles. Show me all the teams that have won NCs without top classes. Saban and Smart had top classes. So did Urban Meyer at UF and OSU. Michigan cheated. So you basically have Clemson. Sorry but you are just wrong.

Show me the team averaging recruiting day in the 8-15 range that has won national championships. Appearances in the playoffs means nothing.

BOT was pushing it as a RULE. a MUST to get Top 5 classes to even have a chance at a title. the facts simply don't support that.

I am not saying elite recruiting doesn't help. I was pointing out when half of the top teams break your rule, your rule isn't a rule.

and I would argue OSU's schedule is a cake walk too. Only having to play Michigan and Penn State? We saw last year that Mizzou, and Ole Miss were better than them. We are always going to play a tough sled in the SEC adding Texas and OU doesn't dramatically change that, like adding Oregon and Washington/USC did to the Big I Can't Count. heck even UCLA who is mediocre raises the AVERAGE difficulty of that conference.

2022 showed that we don't have to have consistent Top 5, heck or even Top 10, to beat Bama. Winning a title always involves a bit of luck, stacking recruiting classes doesn't change that.

8-10 is a far cry from Top 5. and realistically being 12th vs 8th isn't much of a difference. One player will make the difference there, and with the random attrition of the season and the transfer portal that one player may not even play a down.

and further this ignores what the expanded playoff will do to the odds of making it in.
It is pretty much the rule. Outliers always exist.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back