Recruiting Football Talk VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Been away for a while.... what's up with the pitchcom issue?
I'm really the only one here with a bee in his bonnet over this, insofar as I know. Nothing will happen because the NCAA doesn't enforce its own rules except in an arbitrary and extremely crooked and biased way. So I'm done talking about it. But FYI, here is everything I've seen. It happened. Thanks to @TechnoVol.

I know some said during the Game 1 thread that it seemed like aTm knew our pitches.

After that, I posted everything to date I could find from the baseball forum (at the end of this post): #195,066

Pertinent posts since:
Is this a real story??? If so, then no wonder Games 2 and 3 looked night and day compared to Game 1.
Frank came out and questioned the umpire and asked him to check their player. They went over and questioned him and he said he did not have it. I understand (from a reliable source not named Kirby) that after the game he supposedly found it in his clothing and returned it but for the rest of that game we could not use ours because we assumed they had it. How do you have a pitchcom in your clothing and not know it is there? That is also why Our coaches did not shake hands after the game and only Vitello and Schloss did. I would have loved to have known what was said.

Last edited:
All the more reason that Tejas could have delayed the announcement of firing their coach for a couple more days. Dick move from an entitled org.
Let me first say: yes, this is some cold-blooded sh!t Texas and JS have done to A&M...however, if we had done something like this to Bama, I'd be laughing my ass off.

This is what hated, bitter rivals do to each other. It was not enough that Texas was poaching A&M's coach, they let it get out during the finals of the College World Series, as A&M was 1 game away from winning the National Championship.

I'm really the only one with a bee in his bonnet over this. Since nothing will happen because the NCAA doesn't enforce its own rules except in an arbitrary and extremely crooked and biased way, nothing will happen. So I'm done talking about it. But FYI, here is everything I've seen.

After that, I posted everything to date I could find from the baseball forum (at the end of this post): #195,066

Pertinent posts since:
We won.

Justice served.

Now to get Beamer back again.

I don't know why it's so funny to me that, even in the baseball forum, the fans on TexAgs call themselves the 12th man lol.

Jimbo's lifetime contract, hiring the Duke coach of all people ( whether it works out or not), letting your baseball coach get hired away less than a day after a championship game... These are all the signs of a bottom tier AD. Which they have in Trev Alberts and had before with the last guy.

All the talk of curses and whatnot around Tennessee athletics. Weird how you fix the admin and all of the sudden curses are lifted.
Trev Alberts was apparently a big part of the problem. Schloss got hired by Ross Bjork, who promised him $80 million in facility upgrades. Then they fired Jimbo and have to pay him $75 million so the baseball upgrades are up in the air. Bjork left for tOSU and in comes Nebraska lifer Trev Alberts. If he’s anything like he was on TV the guy seems out of his depth running a big time athletics department. Due to the new Jimbo-related budget constraints he has to cut costs in the AD, and one of the salaries he cut loose, apparently without consultation, was one of Schlossnagle’s favorite administrators.

I’ve heard Schloss wanted to leave TCU for Texas in 2017 but they weren’t interested at the time. Now his good buddy and former AD at TCU, Chris Del Conte, is the AD at Texas and he has a much higher comfort level with him. That’s a huge factor in a lot of these deals.
That is an Ole turning on Dusty type heel turn right there. He had to be out of college station when that news broke.
Great old school pull from the Territories. I said Texas coming to the SEC is going to be like when Ric Flair finally arrived in the WWE, and this turn of events makes that analogy all the more apt.
The Maggies call them TU. I noticed reading some of their rants posted here.
Please, you give too much respect by capitalizing it. Supposed to be “tu.”
Just thought about something that others already have probably considered. Sausagebagel's deal with Tejas was done before the final game was played. In order for them to announce so quickly the ink still had to be drying on the contracts. So, irregardless of if they had won the CWS or lost they were losing their coach to their hated in state rival. I suppose having the title would have helped ease the pain, but he was gone win lose or draw.
Yep, as others have reported, this had been in the works for a while.
Trev Alberts...this is still a dick move by Texas and Shlozdangle..but there is a lot more to this I think. It will be interesting to watch Maggie fans start connecting the dots once they calm down..
Correct, see above. There’s also some thought that the firing of Pierce was not intentionally leaked on Monday by the Texas admin. The guy that broke it, Kirk Bohls, was a longtime writer for the Austin paper who retired (or was laid off) less than a month ago. He’s now a contributor to the Houston Chronicle, and he may have broken the story early to get in good with his new paper. Lots of other reporters seem to have known this was coming but held off on reporting it. Del Conte typically leaks big news to Chip Brown at 247, which is who first broke the Schloss hire. It’s very possible Del Conte wanted to wait until Tuesday for the Pierce firing.

Sucks to be the Aggies, we’ve had something similar happen with Kiffin and Doug Dickey back in the 60’s (my parents still hold a grudge against him), but USC and Florida (at the time) were nowhere near the rivals that Texas is to ATM.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back