Recruiting Football Talk VII

Bill Simmons talking about the Knecht pick now. No better pick for what Lakers needed. Immediate contributor that will now have a huge chip on his shoulder. Called it an incredible pick. Loved the shot of the Lakers war room high fiving excited about the DK pick.

Russillo liked it too. Thinks DK can play with LeBron.

Both wondering... Why did he fall? Range should have been 7-10.

GMs texting around tonight wondering what people knew about DK because fall was inexplicable. Was there some secret?

Bottom line he grew too late so didn't have the history of offers and high school hype. Both called him a force and said he's real deal.

Bill thought DK on Spurs would have been awesome but thinks Lakers made a great pick.

Well guys I just got word that @SweetasSoda passed away today at 12:59 pm. Please keep her family in your prayers in the coming days. 😭

😢😪😢😪

I am just seeing this.

I always enjoyed her posts and attitude soooooooo much! Was our #1 cheerleader and voice of reason when things got sideways.

Is crazy that you don't really know folks on here but ya know em! I know ya know what I mean.

I read the obituary and she was soooo young!

Many prayers for her family! 🙏🙏🙏🙏

😢😪😢😪

I am just seeing this.

I always enjoyed her posts and attitude soooooooo much! Was our #1 cheerleader and voice of reason when things got sideways.

Is crazy that you don't really know folks on here but ya know em! I know ya know what I mean.

I read the obituary and she was soooo young!

Many prayers for her family! 🙏🙏🙏🙏
#1 Cheerleader indeed.

I love the RF for all our support. To be now known as the Soda Forum.

Bill Simmons talking about the Knecht pick now. No better pick for what Lakers needed. Immediate contributor that will now have a huge chip on his shoulder. Called it an incredible pick. Loved the shot of the Lakers war room high fiving excited about the DK pick.

Russillo liked it too. Thinks DK can play with LeBron.

Both wondering... Why did he fall? Range should have been 7-10.

GMs texting around tonight wondering what people knew about DK because fall was inexplicable. Was there some secret?

Bottom line he grew too late so didn't have the history of offers and high school hype. Both called him a force and said he's real deal.

Bill thought DK on Spurs would have been awesome but thinks Lakers made a great pick.
Fortuitous
Good kid. Great opportunity.

I’ve never had a natural NBA fandom. I gravitated towards the Sixers in the 80s because of the personalities and their role as spoilers to the Boston/LA dominance.
That’s what led me to the Sixers but once I chose….. I stay during the good and the bad times…. It was very rough in the early 90’s…. my friends would play with these good nba players on NBA JAM…. My guys were shawn Bradley and Weatherspoon.

So I’m pretty conflicted about this draft and DK:
- he got robbed on the pick. He’s a top 7 player imo. The lakers DID get the biggest steal in the draft, and I hope they pay him like the lottery pick he should have been.
- normally I would be ecstatic for DK to land at such a storied organization. I just hate that he had to go to them when they have Lebron (room isnt big enough for anyone but him), and a new coach who has never coached before.
- at the same time, there’s talent there and if DK is treated right and utilized right, he is gonna look great in the purple and gold, and with many honors to come. My only other hope would be for him to win a championship as a pro. We’ll see.

What I do know: DK is the f’ing man, a true VFL, and one of my favorite Vols. Wish we had discovered him earlier than we did.

Timberwolves go to the finals and then draft dillingham and Shannon jr. don’t know if they lost anyone, buts that’s a lot of young talent on that team.

Also, why am I talking about the nba. I can’t stand the nba.

Timberwolves go to the finals and then draft dillingham and Shannon jr. don’t know if they lost anyone, buts that’s a lot of young talent on that team.

Also, why am I talking about the nba. I can’t stand the nba.
It’s a good move them with Conley getting old.

He will have Ant, KAT, and Gobert next to him

Reactions: captainfalcon777

VN Store

Back