Recruiting Football Talk VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Look at that, gave the Edey pick a D. Worst pick of the first round. Makes sense to me.
Memphis made their bed ,let them lay in it. Lakers got a terrific player and will strive in L.A.

That reminds me when I posted I was a lifelong Lakers fan a while back you all called me a bandwagoner. Well there isn't any room on this wagon for anyone else.

Memphis made their bed ,let them lay in it. Lakers got a terrific player and will strive in L.A.

That reminds me when I posted I was a lifelong Lakers fan a while back you all called me a bandwagoner. Well there isn't any room on this wagon for anyone else.
Don't recall calling you a bandwagoner. But to be fair, I won't be cheering for the Lakers so much as I'll be cheering for DK. Hell, I cheer for Grant, but I wouldn't call myself a Charlotte fan. I don't really have a particular NBA team I cheer for. I have a few I cheer against, but mostly, I just cheer on former Vols, and hope they do well.

Happy Thankful Thursday,

June 27, 2024: Be still. Settle your soul and your spirit so that you can rest in My presence. Let go of all worry, strife and contention. There are things you can do something about, so do that. But, there are things beyond your control that you need to release in faith knowing that you will have the wisdom and ability to do all that has been set before you, says the Lord. Rest in Me. Hebrews 4:9-11a There remains therefore a rest for the people of God. For he who has entered His rest has himself also ceased from his works as God did from His. Let us therefore be diligent to enter that rest.

What is funnier is those that don't acknowledge that college staffs narrow down their pool of prospects and can perform more exhaustive evaluations and actually spend time face to face before pulling the trigger on committable offers. They are not wildly throwing darts at the giant 3 star pool. Statistical analysis on total pools is a giant waste of time. Once again, pretty easy to spot the tippy top of the talent out there, but the NFL draft shows every year the half of the 300 or so draft slots are comprised of 3 stars who passed half of the 4 star pools. Really hard to know where guys are at age 18 in relation to their athleticism ceilings. The early shavers earned their stars on HS fields, the later bloomers in the training rooms and college fields. It is ok to be encouraged by higher ranked HS kids on signing day, but a bit silly to discount the lower star guys that have offers from multiple P5 schools. You play with realities in their 20's, not probabilities in their teens on signing day. Especially in the brave new portal world.

Famous Reddit copypasta from the Predators Cup run back in 2017:

"No disrespect to the preds, I'm a firm believer that Nashville sweeping them is a huge fluke and robs the Hawks of truly accomplishing what their capable of. I've spent the last few days in pure disbelief and it just
doesn't make sense to me. I've spent the entire regular season watching the Hawks play great hockey it's just not fair.

If the Hawks lose again I will face that the Preds deserved the win, but I am just 100% sure it was a fluke and does a big disservice to the Hawks and the NHL."

It seems like almost every time we see a commit to another school on this board and look at the prospect it's a composite 4-star or higher.
I guess the 5 3* that Bama and OSU both have committed don’t fit your narrative since we didn’t have a thread on them here?

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back