Recruiting Football Talk VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
June 27, 1970
The group Smile change their name to Queen and perform for the first time under that moniker.

This is the very first gig Queen ever performed, a charity event organized by the British Red Cross. It was booked for Smile (the pre-Queen band consisting of guitarist Brian May, drummer Roger Taylor, and bassist/vocalist Tim Staffell) by Roger's mother, who was involved with the charity. She posted numerous ads, the earliest one in February. A roadie at the time, Ken Testi, insists they were called Queen at the first gig. Roger Taylor confirmed this in 2019 with a photo of his May 27, 1970 diary that he posted on his Instagram.

The gig takes place at Truro City Hall in Cornwall, England; the band earn £50 for their efforts. It's lead singer Fred Bulsara's first paid performance with the band, which also includes guitarist Brian May and drummer Roger Taylor.

The name change is his idea: "Queen" evokes royalty, and has many possible interpretations. Long after adopting the stage name Freddie Mercury, he says, "I was certainly aware of the gay connotations, but that was just one facet of it."The following year, bass player John Deacon joins the band, establishing the lineup that persists until Mercury's death in 1991.

View attachment 654511

View attachment 654513
Not my exact favorite band, but not my least favorite either. Their sound transcends time. Much like, a Rush, a group of very talented musicians. Who would be successful in whatever music venture they sought.

It may be the best that you’ve had, but Bob’s cannot hold a candle to Del Frisco’s Double Eagle Steakhouse. Bob’s was mediocre at best the times I have eaten there. You must’ve enjoyed their 🥕. 😁
Both Del Frisco’s and Bob’s are excellent.
Gotta go to Grapevine for Bob’s and Ft Worth for Del Frisco’s. I would be hard pressed for number one, but give the nod to Del Frisco’s as it’s the epitome of a good old Texas steakhouse.

Nobody said you did, but the moaning and groaning they don’t pick whatever vols player on the board is ridiculous
Then skip over those posts. It's a message board. It's gonna be discussed, and there will be people who don't like certain picks. Personally, I'd like to cheer for the Titans, but they've been run like crap lately. I'm sure some feel the same way about the Grizzles. And Edey was a bad pick.

Not my exact favorite band, but not my least favorite either. Their sound transcends time. Much like, a Rush, a group of very talented musicians. Who would be successful in whatever music venture they sought.
Same.
Agree 100%

I like "heavier" music, but Queen was uber talented and a band I wish I could have seen live.

Both Del Frisco’s and Bob’s are excellent.
Gotta go to Grapevine for Bob’s and Ft Worth for Del Frisco’s. I would be hard pressed for number one, but give the nod to Del Frisco’s as it’s the epitome of a good old Texas steakhouse.
For the price (the Company) paid for that steak. I dont think i'll be trying many other places.

For instance, there's a place here in town. Gourmet & Co, been there since I was a kid. Best steak in town. Eat there once a year for my bday. Sauce, with chantrelles or chicken of the wood mushrooms is reallly, best ive had.

Why go anywhere else? Its too much $.

Reactions: VolsDoc81TX
Then skip over those posts. It's a message board. It's gonna be discussed, and there will be people who don't like certain picks. Personally, I'd like to cheer for the Titans, but they've been run like crap lately. I'm sure some feel the same way about the Grizzles. And Edey was a bad pick.
I’ll reply to whatever post I want to and call the ignorance out on it. You do the same thing to other posts.

Please educate the class on how the titans have been run like crap lately. Can’t wait to hear this from someone who doesn’t even keep up with them lol

Reactions: LaagerVol
I’m in Texas where steaks and BBQ rule. Del Frisco’s is a TX company as is Bob’s. Both headquartered in the DFW area. I’ve never had a bad steak at Del Frisco’s. I have only been to the location in Plano…multiple times. I am a ribeye guy and Del Frisco’s is far and away better than Bob’s.

Pappas Bros. Steakhouse, Al Biernat’s, Nick & Sam’s, and Chamberlain’s Steak & Chop House all in the Dallas area were all better than Bob’s…although the Bob’s location on Lemmon Ave. in Dallas is said to be the best. I have not been to that location, only the one in Plano. Sounds like locations may matter.
Go to Grapevine or Lemmon for Bob’s.

I didn’t like the Dallas Del Frisco’s because it just looked like Dallas uppity instead of Ft Worth original.

I’ll reply to whatever post I want to and call the ignorance out on it. You do the same thing to other posts.

Please educate the class on how the titans have been run like crap lately. Can’t wait to hear this from someone who doesn’t even keep up with them lol
Trading AJ to the Eagles instead of resigning him, then drafting a WR with asthma to replace him. Still don't like the Levis pick, not because he went to UK, but because I've seen him play. Last year's OL was a mess. Not sold on Ridley. He should be solid, but his past gambling suspension still gives me pause. I want to believe Callahan can fix the OL woes but have to see it to believe it.

Also, per your tinge of snarkiness, I'm not the one calling on people to not post their opinions. You can reply to whatever posts you want. Doesn't bother me in the least. Just don't expect people to stop being critical of picks they don't like.

Remember many of us might go to multiple college games and one or none pro games. It is a college site. Combine those factors and rhe perspectives will be poor for strong healthy pro sports debate.

I still say Edey and Levis were tone deaf picks that miss the forest for the trees. A lot of these pro picks are a roll of the dice regardless. Why also bait your fans? Lastly why also let your pick then triple down by baiting your fans.

That is exactly what it is...the big scumbag Pharma will come up with something with a little different molecular structure that has the same effect, then patent it and then make billions on it...when MDMA is really cheap to make.
Maybe we should start our own pharmaceutical company? Give a percentage of the profits to fund Volunteers NIL? Whatcha think? 🤠

Trading AJ to the Eagles instead of resigning him, then drafting a WR with asthma to replace him. Still don't like the Levis pick, not because he went to UK, but because I've seen him play. Last year's OL was a mess. Not sold on Ridley. He should be solid, but his past gambling suspension still gives me pause. I want to believe Callahan can fix the OL woes but have to see it to believe it.
The GM that traded AJ and drafted Burks and created the OL mess got fired. Ownership made the appropriate changes, so to me, that means they’re being run correctly top down

As long as Ridley doesn’t do an idiotic gambling thing again, hes a great WR. Levis is wait and see. I’m definitely intrigued to see what magic Callahan can do with the OL. Signing cushenberry (great signing) will help tremendously

Also, per your tinge of snarkiness, I'm not the one calling on people to not post their opinions. You can reply to whatever posts you want. Doesn't bother me in the least. Just don't expect people to stop being critical of picks they don't like.
I didn’t say don’t post your opinion. I said the moaning and groaning about a vols player not going to the instate pro team is ridiculous lol

Reactions: LaagerVol
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back