Recruiting Football Talk VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's nowhere close to our primary color. Like not even remotely. But Baseball has been wearing black for decades. Black used to be a primary color at UT in all sports in the early 1900s before a shift to primary orange & white. Things always change, but the incorporation of black back into the pallette is ACTUALLY a reversion to history. Go back at look at UT football uniform history, or maybe don't... you might stroke out....

But honestly, suck it up! Some people like the "Woo" some don't. Stokely Gym doesn't exist anymore. Neyland used to not have any jumbotrons, now it has 2. The Rock used to be somewhere else on campus. Our baseball stadium used to only seat like 2k. And our baseball program used to be a joke. Things change.

Maybe you could write a strongly worded email to White and get all your feelings out. Recommend they send the trophy back. Maybe ask for him to resign. Really get it out of your system.
Or everyone could put him on ignore because of his bruinvol like behavior.

This needs to resonate with some of our nega vols. You just can't be in it for the good times. I hate to read all the crap some fans say when things are not going our way. Best line Tony has ever said. VOL forever
That's something that gets me too. You aint gonna win every game. You aint gonna look great in every win. That's sports. With highs there are lows. No need to get negative and spew nonsense.

Memphis made their bed ,let them lay in it. Lakers got a terrific player and will strive in L.A.

That reminds me when I posted I was a lifelong Lakers fan a while back you all called me a bandwagoner. Well there isn't any room on this wagon for anyone else.
Not jumping on…Screw the Lakers!!!

I was doing my reflection time this morning and I kept coming to the same thoughts. So often we are disappointed, dissatisfied or let down. Usually it is not the specific outcome, but the expectations that lead us to those feelings.

The world is pretty dissatisfying most days, but our way of thinking does not have to be.

I am so happy that @chvy1986 has a new baby girl. I am so happy that I had the gift of knowing @SweetasSoda. I am so happy that basevols won a title even if others are dissatisfied with how we celebrate. I am happy that DK got drafted even if the world was dissatisfied with his age.

I think if there is an evil one his greatest trick is convincing us we aren't happy when we have every reason we should be.

I pray each of you protects your joy. Finds the true love and joy in your life and cherishes it as best you can.

What did Yoda say when he found out Star Wars could be watched in very high resolution on 4K TV'S?

HDMI

tenor.gif

If that’s the best move it’s the best move.

All I care about is that we try to win this in two, because we’re capable of it. No need seeing it to game 3 (even though I think we’d win that too).

Will come down to playing error free ball and not giving up multi run homers. Been saying it since mid season. I think we take the series in 2.
This was mostly correct.

We won in two games. We just spotted them a game to give them hope and a sporting chance. 🤠

Just remember, of the two Texas teams that are now part of the SEC, the Aggies are definitely the lesser of two evils. The longhorns will soon achieve bama, uga, and florida level hatred from most Vols. It will be a meteoric rise. The Aggies have a loyal fan base like Tennessee. The longhorns have delusions of grandeur and think they are bama in football. I can’t wait to see them lose multiple games this season and would absolutely love to see vandy squeak out a win against them. 😈

June 27, 1970
The group Smile change their name to Queen and perform for the first time under that moniker.

This is the very first gig Queen ever performed, a charity event organized by the British Red Cross. It was booked for Smile (the pre-Queen band consisting of guitarist Brian May, drummer Roger Taylor, and bassist/vocalist Tim Staffell) by Roger's mother, who was involved with the charity. She posted numerous ads, the earliest one in February. A roadie at the time, Ken Testi, insists they were called Queen at the first gig. Roger Taylor confirmed this in 2019 with a photo of his May 27, 1970 diary that he posted on his Instagram.

The gig takes place at Truro City Hall in Cornwall, England; the band earn £50 for their efforts. It's lead singer Fred Bulsara's first paid performance with the band, which also includes guitarist Brian May and drummer Roger Taylor.

The name change is his idea: "Queen" evokes royalty, and has many possible interpretations. Long after adopting the stage name Freddie Mercury, he says, "I was certainly aware of the gay connotations, but that was just one facet of it."The following year, bass player John Deacon joins the band, establishing the lineup that persists until Mercury's death in 1991.

1719489795136.png

1719490107687.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back