Recruiting Football Talk VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ya, he's not athletic enough to justify that pick. I don't think Chet is heavy enough to handle Edey, but the others you mentioned won't have any problems with him. He'll be a decent role player that everyone realizes wasn't worth a lottery pick. You just can't be an unathletic player in today's game and be an elite player (aka top 10 pick), and Edey is relatively unathletic.
i want to preface this with saying i am not a fan of the Edey pick in fact i really dislike it, but in terms of the how is he going to guard Wemby and Chet stuff that's really not that big of a factor as 6'11" Jaren Jackson is going to be the one guarding those guys and he is more than athletic enough to handle that. not to mention he's a former DPOY. And if Jaren is not in the game you also have 6'11" wing Santi Aldama to cover that.

Aka. Tennessee pro sports are confused by Tennessee fans not bowing to them because they're pro sports
I have been a Titans fan since day 1, but they have just about lost me the last couple of years. I never cared about college allegiances when it came to the Titans. I loved Javon Kearse and Derrick Henry. But having a current QB as a face of the franchise who has been openly antagonistic towards UT and UT fans on more than one occasion pisses me right the eff off. This isn’t the only gripe I have with the Titans, but it’s at the top off the list. My Vol fandom comes first.

I was doing my reflection time this morning and I kept coming to the same thoughts. So often we are disappointed, dissatisfied or let down. Usually it is not the specific outcome, but the expectations that lead us to those feelings.

The world is pretty dissatisfying most days, but our way of thinking does not have to be.

I am so happy that @chvy1986 has a new baby girl. I am so happy that I had the gift of knowing @SweetasSoda. I am so happy that basevols won a title even if others are dissatisfied with how we celebrate. I am happy that DK got drafted even if the world was dissatisfied with his age.

I think if there is an evil one his greatest trick is convincing us we aren't happy when we have every reason we should be.

I pray each of you protects your joy. Finds the true love and joy in your life and cherishes it as best you can.
Dude, that is so well said!! Love it and thanks for sharing these thoughts!

When Edey can no longer lay on smaller defenders and go over their back while the quicker players steal the ball from him on O, we will see just how thrilled the Grizz are with their pick.

Who knew France had the ultimate in talent for the NBA? The competition between 18 year olds there must be electric. j/k

^^^ Two of the reasons I don't watch the NBA anymore. May take a peak at some Lakers games just to see how they incorporate DK.
You don't watch anymore because there are more Foreign born players?

Ya, he's not athletic enough to justify that pick. I don't think Chet is heavy enough to handle Edey, but the others you mentioned won't have any problems with him. He'll be a decent role player that everyone realizes wasn't worth a lottery pick. You just can't be an unathletic player in today's game and be an elite player (aka top 10 pick), and Edey is relatively unathletic.
I am curious to watch it unfold…. on reddit… that he tested very similarly to some of the better centers of the NBA.

I have been a Titans fan since day 1, but they have just about lost me the last couple of years. I never cared about college allegiances when it came to the Titans. I loved Javon Kearse and Derrick Henry. But having a current QB as a face of the franchise who has been openly antagonistic towards UT and UT fans on more than one occasion pisses me right the eff off. This isn’t the only gripe I have with the Titans, but it’s at the top off the list. My Vol fandom comes first.
Thats how drafting college players works though? Sometimes you get one that was a vocal rival of the instate school.

Last edited:
Reactions: mrMet

See the issue is the "back 'em down" style of offense really doesn't exist in the NBA like it did during Shaq's era. Edey won't be able to camp in the paint. I think his methodical and slow offensive approach will suffer against bigs with similar size and more athletic.

Cause the NBA isn't going to give him 20 fouls a night while also not calling any on him. I think foul trouble may derail any production value he adds, so he'll have to adjust a lot more difficult to be dominant and physical if you're not getting the whistles.

I was doing my reflection time this morning and I kept coming to the same thoughts. So often we are disappointed, dissatisfied or let down. Usually it is not the specific outcome, but the expectations that lead us to those feelings.

The world is pretty dissatisfying most days, but our way of thinking does not have to be.

I am so happy that @chvy1986 has a new baby girl. I am so happy that I had the gift of knowing @SweetasSoda. I am so happy that basevols won a title even if others are dissatisfied with how we celebrate. I am happy that DK got drafted even if the world was dissatisfied with his age.

I think if there is an evil one his greatest trick is convincing us we aren't happy when we have every reason we should be.

I pray each of you protects your joy. Finds the true love and joy in your life and cherishes it as best you can.
That means a lot and very well said! I went through some tough times back in 2019 and the devil definitely convinced me I wasn’t happy even though I had so many reasons to be happy. I have THE BEST family. I work every day with my parents and we have a great relationship. I see my sister and her kids at least once a week too. Even though I was single and slowly accepting the idea that I would never be a dad, I still had so much good in my life that I failed to focus on. I had a conversation with my best friend who lives all the way up in Alberta and it really set me straight. Good friends can do that and I really thank him for it. I immediately started making the best of each day and embracing the life that God gave me.

Now, I’m married, a step dad to her two wonderful kids, and now a dad to my own daughter. Sold my house, selling her house, building a home for our family, and in the process of selling our two businesses to spend more time with family. Focusing on positives changed my life ❤️❤️❤️

Our offense wasn't top 10 worthy last year...but then they have Clemson in there who finished below us in every major category. So what logic is that EA?

31.8 ppg > 29.8
243.2 passing yards per game > 228.4
204.8 rushing yards per game > 174.3
448.1 total yards per game > 402.7

Not sure what the logic being used was... results we're better, potential we're WAY better with Nico

Here's where we differ on opinions. I know the GM was replaced, but the new GM hasn't proven himself yet. The new coach hasn't proven himself yet. There are lots of unknowns. Before I believe things have changed, I'll need to see it. How many times did we, as Vol fans, think things had changed, only to find out they really hadn't?
They need to change the woman in the Oilers jacket. . .

You said they haven’t been ran well. I made my point saying this is why I think they’ve been ran well based on ownership making the necessary changes.

Now we will see if the new changes work out. I hope they do, and the moves they’ve made up to this point show they’re moving in right direction. We will see

To your last question, the irony in that is you never quit supporting the Vols no matter how many stupid decisions have been made in the last 20 years
Biggest mistake the Titans ever made was getting rid of Jeff Fisher. . .

Our offense wasn't top 10 worthy last year...but then they have Clemson in there who finished below us in every major category. So what logic is that EA?

31.8 ppg > 29.8
243.2 passing yards per game > 228.4
204.8 rushing yards per game > 174.3
448.1 total yards per game > 402.7

Not sure what the logic being used was... results we're better, potential we're WAY better with Nico
I dont think we are in the top 25

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back